Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wasted in the heat

Breaking Bad

582 posts in this topic

Anybody watch this? I had heard it was good, so I picked up the first season on DVD. Was hooked after one episode. Watched the first three seasons over the last two and a half weeks. Bryan Cranston is amazing. Now tied with Mad Men as my favorite show. Season 4 starts next week. Haven't been this excited about a new season of television since the Sopranos.

Its as if David Simon, David Chase, and Quentin Tarantino got together to make a TV series. Unbelievably entertaining.

I've seen every episode and can't wait for season four. The amazing thing is that it's on basic cable -- in fact, it is without a doubt the most intense TV show outside of pay cable. Intense is the best word I can think of to describe the show....

AMC has crazy good shows. Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and new The Walking Dead. Your right that its hard to believe its basic cable. I'm surprised Directv hasn't swtiched AMC over to HD yet. I meN I thin friggin Spike TV is in HD, but not AMC? Makes no sense.

I'm so glad you brought this up. This is, without a doubt, my favorite show on TV right now--I'm so excited for the new season! "Intense" is the correct word for this story. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are incredible--but all the other actors are pretty well near perfection in their roles, as well. Just from Season Three, "One Minute", "Half Measures", and "Full Measure" are studies in how to do incredibly intense TV perfectly. Love it! If any of you haven't checked it out, do so.

Season 1 has been sat on my shelf since Christmas, this fred has pushed it up to my 'watch next' position.

A reminder -- season four starts tomorrow, July 17, at 10 p.m. EDT.

I'm practically giggling with excitement!

Wow. Gus is a very, very bad man...

Definitely. Even though I saw it coming, it's a testament to the writing that I was STILL in rapt suspense waiting for "The Box Cutter" to be put to use. Also loved the homage to Pulp Fiction with Walt and Jesse sitting in Denny's wearing goofy Dollar Store t-shirts.

it's a testament to the writing that I was STILL in rapt suspense waiting for "The Box Cutter" to be put to use.

No kidding! I figured I even knew WHO he was going to use it on, but my stomach was still in knots, waiting for the act...

And Skyler is getting better and better at being a blatant liar. Hmmm...

Just finished watching season four opener, my first exposure to the show, and I'm not sure I ever really knew what the fuck what was going on.

Just finished watching season four opener, my first exposure to the show, and I'm not sure I ever really knew what the fuck what was going on.

You would benefit going back to the beginning. This show is in many ways about the metamorphosis of a man from Ned Flanders to Scarface (along with that change's consequences on other characters). Walt is already more than halfway there at the start of the 4th season.

Totally agree. This isn't really a story on which one can drop in. It's best to let it unfold from the beginning...

I started season 1 on Saturday night.

My initial impressions was that this was a complete Weeds rip off but they were trying to be a bit edgy.

How wrong I was!

I have now watched 6 episodes.

It is absolutely stunning and more addictive than the subject matter.

PS - I have skipped over all of the above comments so not to spoil. B)

Welcome to "Breaking Bad," Newman! It only continues to get better and more intense...

Loved the Roomba cam.

That WAS entertaining!

I loved "Go home Walter."

"Did you suffer shock to the senses from falling body parts?"

"Were you wrestled into submission by his eyebrows?" Priceless.

Wasn't too crazy about this week's episode. The Skylar storline just isn't doing it for me. I'm not sure if my problem with it is that I don't think Skylar would do the things she's doing or if it's that I am just not a big fan of Anna Gunn's acting. Hoping this is all setting up a big payoff.

I looked at it like a few more layers of the onion were revealed. How many of the characters will break bad? And to what extent? Next week's episode looks explosive...

That was great--thanks!

Last night's ep was the best of the season so far IMHO. I'll never hear Peter Schilling's Major Tom the same way again. ;)