Photo

Help and advice with travel for follow Bruce in Europe, for the next tour.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Adam Raised A Cain

Adam Raised A Cain

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1999

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

Hello Springsteen fans!

When waiting times for Bruce Springsteen next tour;
I have started planning and researching how to travel around
in Europe to see Bruce several times. Have found good prices for train options to get around with. But I would be very grateful for help from the experience travelers.

What is the easiest way out, train or plane?
The cheapest option?
Where can I get tickets, what is usually the price advantage of them?
Tips on accommodation, hostels?
Where should you invest in to see Bruce?

Appreciate much for your help.
Thanks in advance :D
06/23/1999. 10/24/2002. 06/21/2003. 06/23/2005. 05/21/2006. 10/28/2006. 12/10/2007. 07/04/2008. 07/05/2008. 06/07/2009. 07/08/2009. 11/08/2009 NYC. 05/17/2012, 05/18/2012, 06/07/2012, 07/27/2012, 07/28/2012,

Further On Up The Road........

#2 riverdude2

riverdude2

• Members
  • 7,023 posts
  • Twitter:No
  • Springsteen fan since?:1976

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

It depends on where you're based. If you're in the UK, then planes are normally the cheapest and quickest but if in London or mainland Europe, then trains are an option worth checking out.

It also depends when the tour is. Most companies have winter and summer schedules for trains/planes and they're often radically different. If there's sufficient time from when the tour is announced, then internet search engines and google maps of venues, accommodation, transport are all invaluable.

Accomodation can be anything from a decent hotel to using a tent.

Concert tickets, register with as many agencies as possible so you get early alerts. Most in Europe give english help.

Personally, I'd go with Sweden, Spain and Italy for shows but there's been some great ones in other countries too. Maybe Eastern Europe will see shows next time.

Usually, there's travel threads on here with people who either live close to a venue or who've travelled there before and they're more than willing to give help.

YES2_zpsa2e150c6.jpg

#3 JukeboxGraduate

JukeboxGraduate

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:2009

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:01 AM

Hey all!

Despite my relative short term as a Springsteen fan (2 years) I'm about as passionate and knowledgeable as they come. This will be my first tour and I'm beyond excited. In addition to a few shows stateside I hope to experience a European tour (ideally Barcelona). I have no trouble getting around Europe, as I have been there several times, however I'm very nervous about getting pit tickets for the Barcelona show. As far as I can gather the tickets will go on sale via Spanish Ticketmaster at 3am local (Chicago) time on Tuesday. If anyone has any advice in navigating the system it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

#4 gypsy-angel-rose

gypsy-angel-rose

• Members
  • 1,344 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1983

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:51 AM

Jukebox - I am panicking here as I see nothing on Ticketmaster.es. Can't seem to find official site. If anyone can help before 8am GMT I would be so grateful
SLANE 01/26/85 - TOL Dublin - Rising 31/05/03 - Dublin - Seegers 18/11/06 Dublin -MAGIC Arnhem 01/12/07, Belfast 15/12/07, Dublin 22,23,25/05/08, Barcelona 19,20/07/08 -WOAD Dublin RDS 11/12th July 2009, Glasgow 14th July, Bilbao 26th July 2009

#5 JukeboxGraduate

JukeboxGraduate

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:2009

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

Since I'm still undecided on whether it's wise to purchase tickets for a show I don't even know that I can go to I'm able to keep a leveler head. I'm sure at the 10am (3am for me) mark the tickets will go live on ticketmaster.es

The only other legit site i know selling them is http://www.doctormus...formance_id=143

My only concern is being able to re-sell my tickets if I can't go to the show. If for some reason you can't score tix and I can't go, you're welcome to mine if I get them :)

#6 Rewarded Faith

Rewarded Faith

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Facebook:suzy peabody
  • Twitter:suzy peabody
  • Springsteen fan since?:meeting across the river. but lately, it's so. much. worse.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

Hey all!

Despite my relative short term as a Springsteen fan (2 years) I'm about as passionate and knowledgeable as they come. This will be my first tour and I'm beyond excited. In addition to a few shows stateside I hope to experience a European tour (ideally Barcelona). I have no trouble getting around Europe, as I have been there several times, however I'm very nervous about getting pit tickets for the Barcelona show. As far as I can gather the tickets will go on sale via Spanish Ticketmaster at 3am local (Chicago) time on Tuesday. If anyone has any advice in navigating the system it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

how are your plans working out for you? i am looking to go over to see the show in paris, because i speak a little french. otherwise milan would have been my first choice. are you going over alone? do you mkae your hotel accomodations based on how close the show is? i've never done somethings so ballsy as go to europe for the sole reason of seeing a concert, but i thought i'd start changing things up in my life! i'd love to hear any advice you would have. thx! suzy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users