Badlands_89

The Official Newcastle United Thread

1,856 posts in this topic

120 years its been called St James' park and it always will be St James' Park to me.

Its not all bad.

As part of the sponsorship deal, season tocket holders are to receive a free keyring with a pair of little dangly plastic trainers on.

2 people like this

Another example of modern football that is sickening but the general public still think the way the game is going is all great.

1 person likes this

I can't believe this Ashley bloke. Just when it seems things are dying down for him he goes and kicks the hornets nest again. What a dick.

As for the name, it's disappointing but I'm not that bothered as long as we pick up 9 points from our next 3 games :unsure:

A bit fitting really that The Greed Stadium will be used for the first time against the club that started to spoil football with money, Chelski.

I can't believe this Ashley bloke. Just when it seems things are dying down for him he goes and kicks the hornets nest again. What a dick.

As for the name, it's disappointing but I'm not that bothered as long as we pick up 9 points from our next 3 games :unsure:

A bit fitting really that The Greed Stadium will be used for the first time against the club that started to spoil football with money, Chelski.

Its started circa 1992. United and liverpool atleast used their revenue. Blackburn were the first cash heavy team.

It was on the 6 o'clock news tonite and they showed toon with some cups.

It would've been more impressive if all the footage hadn't been black & white though :P:P:P

It would've been more impressive if all the footage hadn't been black & white though :P:P:P

Maybe you need to get yourself a colour TV wink.gif

did they steal them? :)

Maybe you need to get yourself a colour TV wink.gif

B&W TVs were very common back in them days :)

I think it's about time you Johnny's had a bit education.

Newcastle is The Toon - it cannot be referenced as just Toon. People who come from The Toon are Geordies. Geordies are people who worship in The Toon. Therefore, everyone who comes from The Toon is a Geordie, but not all Geordies come from The Toon. The patron saint of The Toon is St James. The devil's first name is Mike.

Newcastle is The Toon - it cannot be referenced as just Toon. People who come from The Toon are Geordies. Geordies are people who worship in The Toon. Therefore, everyone who comes from The Toon is a Geordie, but not all Geordies come from The Toon. The patron saint of The Toon is St James. The devil's first name is Mike.

I gotta admit I'm a little confused now.

So . ................ who's on first?

I gotta admit I'm a little confused now.

So . ................ who's on first?

it made perfect sense to me leik B)

Sports Direct Arena my fucking bumnewcastle_2051468c.jpg !

Another example of modern football that is sickening but the general public still think the way the game is going is all great.

That's the problem, the genie escaped the bottle the thick end of 20 years ago.

Too late now........

man u shots on goal - about 800

toon - dodgy penalty shots on goal maybe 1?

1-1 draw

:P

I know a couple of people at work who will not be happy. :lol:

Watching Soccer Saturday and they couldn't believe the linesmans flag was raised indicating a bad foul. They said as the referee walked over to him that the decision would be ruled out.Wrong!

Well done Newcastle but, Man City can be happier now.

toon - dodgy penalty shots on goal maybe 1?

But, but, but..........you lot keep saying Utd get ALL the decisions. Summat wrong here :o

Please nobody give Newcastle United any credit what so ever, dodgy pen, goal offside, cleared off the line..

Man utds goal was skill-full, nowt lucky about it :lol:

I was looking straight at it as it was right in front of me in the stretford end. At the time I couldn't work out what the linesman was doing over ruling the ref who gave a corner. And why did the ref let the linesman over rule him? After watching it on TV since, i still have no idea. The most baffling penalty decision I have ever seen.

I was looking straight at it as it was right in front of me in the stretford end. At the time I couldn't work out what the linesman was doing over ruling the ref who gave a corner. And why did the ref let the linesman over rule him? After watching it on TV since, i still have no idea. The most baffling penalty decision I have ever seen.

I agree that is wasn't a penalty, but the most baffling penalty decision ever? Maybe against United, but I've seen them much worse. Not sure it even was the worst penalty-decision of the day, as both Wigan's and especially Tottenham's penalties were very dubious.

I agree that is wasn't a penalty, but the most baffling penalty decision ever? Maybe against United, but I've seen them much worse. Not sure it even was the worst penalty-decision of the day, as both Wigan's and especially Tottenham's penalties were very dubious.

Im just shocked a penalty was against United at old trafford :lol::D

The most baffling penalty decision I have ever seen.

I think baffling penalty decisions are quite common at Old Trafford but for some reason old bluenose doesn't complain about most of them tongue.gif

Its laughable that the Sunday papers are screaming about this decision maybe handing the title to City, it's not even December yet. If City win the title it will have far more to do with a certain 1-6 scoreline than with one dodgy penalty.

I guess the question now is whether the FA will suspend Ferguson after his comments about the officiating, and if so, for how long. If they do suspend him, will it be another one where he's up in the stands, running the team -- the difference being a few yards between the stands and the sideline. The rules don't say you can be critical if it's a bad decision -- they say you just can't do that.

I mean seriously, how many times can he be warned about this and never really face a serious penalty for his behavior? I guess we will see what happens -- if he gets another joke penalty, I think it will be pretty obvious that Sir Alex has no fear of anything the FA might do to him -- whether anyone will ever admit that or not. He is simply seen as bigger than the game.