Photo

The Official Newcastle United Thread

• Please log in to reply
988 replies to this topic

#26 Joadboy

Joadboy

• Members
  • 9,627 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1988 (TOL, Bramall Lane) -yep, started late!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

120 years its been called St James' park and it always will be St James' Park to me.

Its not all bad.

As part of the sponsorship deal, season tocket holders are to receive a free keyring with a pair of little dangly plastic trainers on.
Justice......for the 96.

#27 borntorunsean

borntorunsean

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:me mum brought me up on it! its a drug!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

Another example of modern football that is sickening but the general public still think the way the game is going is all great.

#28 Ginslinger

Ginslinger

• Members
  • 2,776 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1980

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

I can't believe this Ashley bloke. Just when it seems things are dying down for him he goes and kicks the hornets nest again. What a dick.

As for the name, it's disappointing but I'm not that bothered as long as we pick up 9 points from our next 3 games :unsure:

A bit fitting really that The Greed Stadium will be used for the first time against the club that started to spoil football with money, Chelski.

#29 borntorunsean

borntorunsean

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:me mum brought me up on it! its a drug!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

I can't believe this Ashley bloke. Just when it seems things are dying down for him he goes and kicks the hornets nest again. What a dick.

As for the name, it's disappointing but I'm not that bothered as long as we pick up 9 points from our next 3 games :unsure:

A bit fitting really that The Greed Stadium will be used for the first time against the club that started to spoil football with money, Chelski.

Its started circa 1992. United and liverpool atleast used their revenue. Blackburn were the first cash heavy team.

#30 C4G

C4G

• Members
  • 6,184 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1983

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

It was on the 6 o'clock news tonite and they showed toon with some cups.

It would've been more impressive if all the footage hadn't been black & white though :P :P :P

#31 greenhills

greenhills

• Members
  • 2,552 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:September 1975

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

It would've been more impressive if all the footage hadn't been black & white though :P :P :P

Maybe you need to get yourself a colour TV Posted Image

#32 AMIW

AMIW

Official Incident Hearer

• Members
  • 22,698 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

did they steal them? :)

INCIDENTE DE LA CALLE 57

at the last REAL ESB show

Des Moines September 21st 2009

#33 C4G

C4G

• Members
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

Maybe you need to get yourself a colour TV Posted Image

B&W TVs were very common back in them days :)

#34 Ginslinger

Ginslinger

• Members
  • 2,776 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1980

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:21 AM

I think it's about time you Johnny's had a bit education.

Newcastle is The Toon - it cannot be referenced as just Toon. People who come from The Toon are Geordies. Geordies are people who worship in The Toon. Therefore, everyone who comes from The Toon is a Geordie, but not all Geordies come from The Toon. The patron saint of The Toon is St James. The devil's first name is Mike.

#35 Joadboy

Joadboy

• Members
  • 9,627 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1988 (TOL, Bramall Lane) -yep, started late!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

Newcastle is The Toon - it cannot be referenced as just Toon. People who come from The Toon are Geordies. Geordies are people who worship in The Toon. Therefore, everyone who comes from The Toon is a Geordie, but not all Geordies come from The Toon. The patron saint of The Toon is St James. The devil's first name is Mike.

I gotta admit I'm a little confused now.

So . ................ who's on first?
Justice......for the 96.

#36 newcastle roy

newcastle roy

• Members
  • 27,970 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

I gotta admit I'm a little confused now.

So . ................ who's on first?

it made perfect sense to me leik B)

Sports Direct Arena my fucking bumPosted Image !

#37 MagicRatAFC

MagicRatAFC

• Members
  • 3,433 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:Waaaaaaayyyy back when.......

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

Another example of modern football that is sickening but the general public still think the way the game is going is all great.

That's the problem, the genie escaped the bottle the thick end of 20 years ago.

Too late now........

It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized by. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!

#38 newcastle roy

newcastle roy

• Members
  • 27,970 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

Posted Image

#39 AMIW

AMIW

Official Incident Hearer

• Members
  • 22,698 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

man u shots on goal - about 800
toon - dodgy penalty shots on goal maybe 1?

1-1 draw
:P

INCIDENTE DE LA CALLE 57

at the last REAL ESB show

Des Moines September 21st 2009

#40 Eileen

Eileen

• Members
  • 55,536 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1975

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

Well done, Lads. :)

Veni Vidi Velcro - I came I saw I stuck around.

#41 jmw

jmw

• Members
  • 4,170 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1978

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

I know a couple of people at work who will not be happy. :lol:

Friendship isn't one big thing it's a million little things.

#42 smiler

smiler

• Members
  • 3,013 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1984

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

Watching Soccer Saturday and they couldn't believe the linesmans flag was raised indicating a bad foul. They said as the referee walked over to him that the decision would be ruled out.Wrong!
Well done Newcastle but, Man City can be happier now.

#43 C4G

C4G

• Members
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

toon - dodgy penalty shots on goal maybe 1?

But, but, but..........you lot keep saying Utd get ALL the decisions. Summat wrong here :o

#44 newcastle roy

newcastle roy

• Members
  • 27,970 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

Please nobody give Newcastle United any credit what so ever, dodgy pen, goal offside, cleared off the line..
Man utds goal was skill-full, nowt lucky about it :lol:

#45 doesthisbusstop

doesthisbusstop

• Members
  • 3,972 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1984 - Dancing In The Dark was first single I bought age 12.

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

I was looking straight at it as it was right in front of me in the stretford end. At the time I couldn't work out what the linesman was doing over ruling the ref who gave a corner. And why did the ref let the linesman over rule him? After watching it on TV since, i still have no idea. The most baffling penalty decision I have ever seen.
Springsteen Concerts Attended: 44 (1985 - 2013) Spain, Italy, Sweden, USA, France, Finland, Germany, Ireland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland.  

The "Hand of God" Bruce & Busstop http://www.greasylak...hyde-park-2009/

#46 Orakelet

Orakelet

• Members
  • 5,671 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/helge.rydningen
  • Springsteen fan since?:1984

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

I was looking straight at it as it was right in front of me in the stretford end. At the time I couldn't work out what the linesman was doing over ruling the ref who gave a corner. And why did the ref let the linesman over rule him? After watching it on TV since, i still have no idea. The most baffling penalty decision I have ever seen.

I agree that is wasn't a penalty, but the most baffling penalty decision ever? Maybe against United, but I've seen them much worse. Not sure it even was the worst penalty-decision of the day, as both Wigan's and especially Tottenham's penalties were very dubious.

"I'm ridin' on the power and livin' on the promise, in your last kiss."

#47 Badlands_89

Badlands_89

• Members
  • 1,288 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:2000

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

I agree that is wasn't a penalty, but the most baffling penalty decision ever? Maybe against United, but I've seen them much worse. Not sure it even was the worst penalty-decision of the day, as both Wigan's and especially Tottenham's penalties were very dubious.

Im just shocked a penalty was against United at old trafford :lol: :D

#48 greenhills

greenhills

• Members
  • 2,552 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:September 1975

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:32 PM

The most baffling penalty decision I have ever seen.

I think baffling penalty decisions are quite common at Old Trafford but for some reason old bluenose doesn't complain about most of them Posted Image

#49 Born To Walk

Born To Walk

• Members
  • 9,024 posts
  • My Page: Attended Shows:www.greasylake.org/my_page_attended_public.php?login=BornToWalk
  • Springsteen fan since?:c1979 - Heard Born To Run on the radio one Saturday morning. That was it!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

Its laughable that the Sunday papers are screaming about this decision maybe handing the title to City, it's not even December yet. If City win the title it will have far more to do with a certain 1-6 scoreline than with one dodgy penalty.

#50 Mission Man in AZ

Mission Man in AZ

• Members
  • 7,414 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1973

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:28 PM

I guess the question now is whether the FA will suspend Ferguson after his comments about the officiating, and if so, for how long. If they do suspend him, will it be another one where he's up in the stands, running the team -- the difference being a few yards between the stands and the sideline. The rules don't say you can be critical if it's a bad decision -- they say you just can't do that.

I mean seriously, how many times can he be warned about this and never really face a serious penalty for his behavior? I guess we will see what happens -- if he gets another joke penalty, I think it will be pretty obvious that Sir Alex has no fear of anything the FA might do to him -- whether anyone will ever admit that or not. He is simply seen as bigger than the game.
"An imbalance between rich and poor is the oldest and most fatal ailment of all republics." -- Plutarch

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." -- John Kenneth Galbraith

"When you deal with stupidity, you begin to understand the concept of infinity." -- Gustave Flaubert

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Friendly Fire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users