Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...w-west-17015966

#2 Growin' Up

Growin' Up

• Members
  • 8,942 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:2000

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

Good. Cheats. Unfortunately the 10 point penalty will have little consequence on their league position. They should be forced to sell players until they have cleared their debt. Clubs that live beyond their means achieve artificial success, it is cheating other clubs.
www.euromove.org.uk

#3 MagicRatAFC

MagicRatAFC

• Members
  • 3,438 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:Waaaaaaayyyy back when.......

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized by. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!

#4 bigyellowjersey

bigyellowjersey

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:Cannae puta date on it,mid 70`s

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

This is a pre-cursor to liquidation. They have finally admitted live on tv that the tax bill is closer to 75 million & they dont have the means to pay. We will be rid of this blight on the game sooner rather than later

#5 AMIW

AMIW

Official Incident Hearer

• Members
  • 22,707 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

so who will celtic get to play 6 times a season now to deterimine the league championship? :P

INCIDENTE DE LA CALLE 57

at the last REAL ESB show

Des Moines September 21st 2009

#6 newcastle roy

newcastle roy

• Members
  • 27,986 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

so who will celtic get to play 6 times a season now to deterimine the league championship? :P

:D

It's funny, but true, and a shame for Scottish football.

#7 dr winston oboogie

dr winston oboogie

• Members
  • 5,064 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:Mid 70`s - Exact date a bit of a blur

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:13 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEC4TZsy-Y

Nice choice +1

#8 dr winston oboogie

dr winston oboogie

• Members
  • 5,064 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

Q.

What do you call a female rangers supporter in a shell suit.

A.

The Bride

#9 MagicRatAFC

MagicRatAFC

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

:D

It's funny, but true, and a shame for Scottish football.

Scottish football's been dying for years, for many, many reasons.
The coming together of Souness and Murray at r*****s, the silly money being thrown around by Murdoch and co, the perenial p!ssing contest between the arse cheeks, rather than a thought to the bigger picture and many, many more.
I'm not bothered now, about "the good of Scottish football".
I'll be happy if I have to watch my team play in the Highland League, probably better craic at the end of the day.

Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized by. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!

#10 Sal's Grocery

Sal's Grocery

• Members
  • 1,613 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1992

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

I don't like to see any club go bust but it's got to happen to a big club sooner or later as they live well beyond their means. Scottish football is just not lucrative enough so the fact that both Rangers and Celtic fail miserably in Europe every season means their expenditure on over-inflated wages cannot be matched by the incoming funds from doing well in the Champions League. If Rangers liquidate (I can't see it happening yet because I think someone will save them) then Celtic may as well join the premier league in England! :lol:

#11 crustyoldman

crustyoldman

• Members
  • 3,337 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:The River tour in '81

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

Sky Sports are saying Rangers are a huge European Football club...did I miss something ??

#12 Sal's Grocery

Sal's Grocery

• Members
  • 1,613 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1992

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

:lol:

Sky Sports are saying Rangers are a huge European Football club...did I miss something ??

well, they are always in the champions league qualifying round until they get beat by the Hungarian champions or something :lol:

#13 Ginslinger

Ginslinger

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1980

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

I don't like to see any club go bust but it's got to happen to a big club sooner or later as they live well beyond their means. Scottish football is just not lucrative enough so the fact that both Rangers and Celtic fail miserably in Europe every season means their expenditure on over-inflated wages cannot be matched by the incoming funds from doing well in the Champions League. If Rangers liquidate (I can't see it happening yet because I think someone will save them) then Celtic may as well join the premier league in England! :lol:

Who is going to stump up (depending on who you listen to) 75m just to pay the tax man? They will be liquidated, start up again in division 3 and within three years, be back in the top flight in Scotland.

It amazes me about how indifferent people are about the unpaid tax bill and are worrying instead about a sports club. It's 75m which is due to you and me and which the government will have to find somewhere else - probably by cutting a few more thousand jobs in local councils.

#14 Growin' Up

Growin' Up

• Members
  • 8,942 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

Agreed - surely HMRC should always be secured creditors.
www.euromove.org.uk

#15 dr winston oboogie

dr winston oboogie

• Members
  • 5,064 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

Administrators have struck a new TV deal for the club,

rangers games will be broadcast on The History Channel.

#16 riverdude2

riverdude2

• Members
  • 7,226 posts
  • Twitter:No
  • Springsteen fan since?:1976

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

Administrators have struck a new TV deal for the club,

rangers games will be broadcast on The History Channel.

:lol:

#17 riverdude2

riverdude2

• Members
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

I see the "go easy on Rangers" campaign is fully underway with politicians asking HMRC to take a lenient view of the debts owed. This shouldn't come as a surprise but it's disgraceful to suggest that Rangers because they are Rangers get special treatment.

The fact that (apparently) no tax has been paid since May last year prompted the administration move by HMRC shows that the current management of the club has been just as reckless as the previous one. A figure well in excess of 49 million tax unpaid applies to the previous management.

Also expect the SPL and SFA not to apply the full sanctions on Rangers. This is the reality of Scottish football and it stinks.

#18 dr winston oboogie

dr winston oboogie

• Members
  • 5,064 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

The day the rxxxers died...

#19 night_spirit64

night_spirit64

• Members
  • 731 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

I see the "go easy on Rangers" campaign is fully underway with politicians asking HMRC to take a lenient view of the debts owed. This shouldn't come as a surprise but it's disgraceful to suggest that Rangers because they are Rangers get special treatment.

The fact that (apparently) no tax has been paid since May last year prompted the administration move by HMRC shows that the current management of the club has been just as reckless as the previous one. A figure well in excess of 49 million tax unpaid applies to the previous management.

Also expect the SPL and SFA not to apply the full sanctions on Rangers. This is the reality of Scottish football and it stinks.

I agree with you 100% I think they will wriggle out of it with a little help from their friends. Another point , Fred Goodwin was stripped of his knighthood , rightly so , for his part in the RBS banking scandal which makes me ask myself should'nt David Murray be stripped of his too ?? After all it's theft and cheating on a massive scale.
I'll keep moving through the dark with you in my heart.........My blood brother

#20 dr winston oboogie

dr winston oboogie

• Members
  • 5,064 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

Administrators already having an effect at Iprix..

At a meeting this morning THREE referees were sacked.

#21 MagicRatAFC

MagicRatAFC

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

The fact that (apparently) no tax has been paid since May last year prompted the administration move by HMRC shows that the current management of the club has been just as reckless as the previous one. A figure well in excess of £49 million tax unpaid applies to the previous management.

I agree with you 100% I think they will wriggle out of it with a little help from their friends. Another point , Fred Goodwin was stripped of his knighthood , rightly so , for his part in the RBS banking scandal which makes me ask myself should'nt David Murray be stripped of his too ?? After all it's theft and cheating on a massive scale.

This is what worries me.
We have a once in a lifetime chance to put an end to their bullying and cheating and re-invent Scottish Football on a more equitable basis.
We're already seeing the usual suspects, i.e. a collection of no-marks, getting trotted out and giving it the "....bad for Scottish football...." ".....need a strong r*****s....." "Scottish institution ..........".

Bollocks, the lot of it.

I'm telling you, if these get any different treatment from Dundee, Motherwell, Livingston ANY of the clubs who have gone down the administration route, then I am done with Scottish football forever.

It's time for the Scottish football administrators and the chairmen of other clubs to grow a set and stand up to them.

Sadly, too many chairmen can't see past the thousands of bigots who fill their grounds a couple of times a season, and kiss ass.

Well, this has to stop, or you'll find the fans, the very few fans who haven't jumped ship already, of other sides will just hang it up for good.

We've all long suspected that Scottish football is run for the benefit of the farm, confirmation of that would just finish things.

#22 Joadboy

Joadboy

• Members
  • 9,627 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1988 (TOL, Bramall Lane) -yep, started late!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Administrators already having an effect at Iprix..

At a meeting this morning THREE referees were sacked.

Are you sure that's not Old Trafford?
Justice......for the 96.

#23 riverdude2

riverdude2

• Members
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

Online petition to get Rangers to pay their taxes:

http://epetitions.di...petitions/21438

Mandaric wants to buy Rangers :lol: http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17072133

Police called in to investigate http://www.scotsman....chase_1_2122493

#24 dr winston oboogie

dr winston oboogie

• Members
  • 5,064 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

#25 dr winston oboogie

dr winston oboogie

• Members
  • 5,064 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

During the defeat from Motherwell on Saturday, rxxxxrs had a goal disallowed
and a player red carded......

The adminstrators confirmed today that they had to cancel the direct debit for match officials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users