Photo

Breitbart dead

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 cheddarmustard

cheddarmustard

• Members
  • 18,566 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

Natural causes. RIP.

#2 Patched Tube

Patched Tube

• Members
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

I'm thinking either either terminal mortification or apoplexy.
If the choice is Bud or Coors, I'll have a Coke.

"And I am tired of being asked to pretend stupid is a virtue."

#3 cheddarmustard

cheddarmustard

• Members
  • 18,566 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

Matt Yglesias says the world outlook is slightly improved with Brietbart dead.

#4 rtb

rtb

• Members
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

It's called compassion.

#5 freeholdnj

freeholdnj

• Members
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

I liked the guy.... but I don't think he's going to get much of that from his foes.... and I don't think he would've wanted it.

#6 Patched Tube

Patched Tube

• Members
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

It's called compassion.

Brietbart didn't have much of it when he lived. It would be odd if he got lots in death. There is a cosmic balance to maintain.

#7 skyjocky

skyjocky

• Members
  • 33,656 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

It's called compassion.

Brietbart didn't have much of it when he lived. It would be odd if he got lots in death. There is a cosmic balance to maintain.

You get what you give. After the despicable stunt he pulled with Ms. Sherrod and was exposed for doing it, there is no sympathy, here, for him. No loss to the world at all except, possibly, for his wife and children.

Since the New Deal, republicans have been on the wrong side of every issue of concern to ordinary Americans; Social Security, the war in Vietnam, equal rights, civil liberties, church-state separation, consumer issues, public education, reproductive freedom, national health care, labor issues, campaign-finance reform, the environment and tax fairness. No political party could remain so consistently wrong by accident. The only rational conclusion is that, despite their cynical "family values" propaganda, the republican party is a criminal conspiracy to betray the interests of the American people in favor of plutocratic and corporate interests, and absolutist religious groups.

"These are low-functioning sociopaths who defecate platitudes like "Freedom", "America", "Family", "Patriot", and "Values" with the speed and dispersal of diarrhea... they do so without thought, any genuine feeling invested or understanding of the sacrosanct concepts in question! They are the enemy of us all! They are the enemy within! They are the dry rot in the floorboards of our civilization! They are the cancer metastasizing through the body-politic! They are collectively a dangerous unknowing child with a gun now found and they will wound us terribly!" 

As long as baggers, bigots and bible thumpers control the repub party, they are doomed to go the way of the Dodo.

RFH-cropped-header.jpg

#8 MartyR

MartyR

• Members
  • 7,195 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

"The best tribute we can pay to Andrew Breitbart is to continue screaming at each other over the internet."
---@michaelianblack

Or not.

#9 Skin2Skin

Skin2Skin

• Members
  • 44,769 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

"The best tribute we can pay to Andrew Breitbart is to continue screaming at each other over the internet."
---@michaelianblack

Or not.

Beautiful, Marty. I'm going with "or not."

"This man owns other people's music. Like, goes to the store, puts their songs in his cart, walks up to the cashier and slams his money on the counter." -- Bill Pellegrino

Man, the dope's that there's still hope.

BUT...nobody wins unless everybody wins.

#10 JustDan

JustDan

• Members
  • 14,732 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

My condolences to his family & friends. To those that cared about him & are now mourning for him. That's about as much sympathy I can muster for this right wing extremist bottom feeder. He leaves behind a big wet stain in the fabric of partisan politics. Sad thing is...I'm sure he'd probably consider that a compliment. <_<

#11 PrettyRedRose

PrettyRedRose

• Moderators
  • 37,162 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm pretty sure it was all the liberals' fault. Or Obama's.

Peace to his family - so sudden and he had young kiddos. Sad.

Please, people, do not f**k with depression.  It's merciless.  All it wants to do is get you in a room alone and kill you.  Take care of yourself.

--Harvey Fierstein, on the death of Robin Williams 

#12 skyjocky

skyjocky

• Members
  • 33,656 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

My condolences to his family & friends. To those that cared about him & are now mourning for him. That's about as much sympathy I can muster for this right wing extremist bottom feeder. He leaves behind a big wet stain in the fabric of partisan politics. Sad thing is...I'm sure he'd probably consider that a compliment. <_<

The truly sad thing is that if you turned over enough rocks in the pigsty, you'd find another just like him.

Since the New Deal, republicans have been on the wrong side of every issue of concern to ordinary Americans; Social Security, the war in Vietnam, equal rights, civil liberties, church-state separation, consumer issues, public education, reproductive freedom, national health care, labor issues, campaign-finance reform, the environment and tax fairness. No political party could remain so consistently wrong by accident. The only rational conclusion is that, despite their cynical "family values" propaganda, the republican party is a criminal conspiracy to betray the interests of the American people in favor of plutocratic and corporate interests, and absolutist religious groups.

"These are low-functioning sociopaths who defecate platitudes like "Freedom", "America", "Family", "Patriot", and "Values" with the speed and dispersal of diarrhea... they do so without thought, any genuine feeling invested or understanding of the sacrosanct concepts in question! They are the enemy of us all! They are the enemy within! They are the dry rot in the floorboards of our civilization! They are the cancer metastasizing through the body-politic! They are collectively a dangerous unknowing child with a gun now found and they will wound us terribly!" 

As long as baggers, bigots and bible thumpers control the repub party, they are doomed to go the way of the Dodo.

RFH-cropped-header.jpg

#13 rtb

rtb

• Members
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:50 AM

The truly sad thing is that if you turned over enough rocks in the pigsty, you'd find another just like him.

You get what you give.

#14 Flea

Flea

• Members
  • 7,453 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

Breitbart dead? Jesus Christ, Obama will stop at nothing to be re-elected!

#15 Kid Colt

Kid Colt

• Members
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

The conspiracies have started already. Apparently Obama had him killed to prevent the release of some compromising film from his college days that was going to derail his relection campaign!

#16 skyjocky

skyjocky

• Members
  • 33,656 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:30 AM

You get what you give.

The next time I edit videos in order to falsely smear someone, I'll agree that that pertains to me. Until then, nah, not so much. He was a low life bastard who, I'm sure, has been told thousands of times to just drop dead. He finally did the decent thing. He obliged.

RFH-cropped-header.jpg

#17 Patched Tube

Patched Tube

• Members
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

A nice summation:

http://www.thedailyb...-1969-2012.html

#18 Chuck

Chuck

• Members
  • 25,164 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

It's called compassion.

Like Breitbart showed when Ted Kennedy died?
Posted Image

#19 rtb

rtb

• Members
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

It's called compassion.

Yes like that.

What is so progressive about behaving in the exact same manner as someone you despise?

#20 Patched Tube

Patched Tube

• Members
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

It's called compassion.

Yes like that.

What is so progressive about behaving in the exact same manner as someone you despise?

Ah yes.. the standard conservative reply when liberals finally take enough crap to get angry. I knew a priest once who used to say "God is mercifull... but he is also just".

I had no particular wish for Breitbart to die - there is a pretty short list of people for whom I wish as speedy end - but in a nation of 300M people SOMEBODY had to drop dead of a heart attack I'd say I glad it wasn't my next door neighbor: he is to all appearances a decent man and I can personally attest he's a nice guy. Would it be that the same could be said about Breitbart he was certainly not the former.

#21 rtb

rtb

• Members
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:02 AM

It's called compassion.

Yes like that.

Ah yes.. the standard conservative reply when liberals finally take enough crap to get angry. I knew a priest once who used to say "God is mercifull... but he is also just".

I had no particular wish for Breitbart to die - there is a pretty short list of people for whom I wish as speedy end - but in a nation of 300M people SOMEBODY had to drop dead of a heart attack I'd say I glad it wasn't my next door neighbor: he is to all appearances a decent man and I can personally attest he's a nice guy. Would it be that the same could be said about Breitbart he was certainly not the former.

Ah yes, the typical "Liberals ONLY turn vile when provoked" response.

Utter horseshit.

#22 skyjocky

skyjocky

• Members
  • 33,656 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

[quote name='rtb' timestamp='1330732979' post='2111858']
[quote name='Patched Tube' timestamp='1330724374' post='2111774']
[quote name='rtb' timestamp='1330711028' post='2111598']
[quote name='Chuck' timestamp='1330697284' post='2111485']
[quote name='rtb' timestamp='1330620760' post='2111156']
[quote name='cheddarmustard' timestamp='1330618450' post='2111140']
[/quote]

It's called compassion.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes like that.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Utter horseshit.
[/quote]

No, not horseshit, at all. righties go nuts when tables are turned on them and they whine like little babies. Somehow, being nasty is a thing they take pride in and lay claim to. Ever listen to or watch ANYTHING on faux spews or (un)clear channel?

RFH-cropped-header.jpg

#23 Patched Tube

Patched Tube

• Members
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

[quote name='rtb' timestamp='1330732979' post='2111858']
[quote name='Patched Tube' timestamp='1330724374' post='2111774']
[quote name='rtb' timestamp='1330711028' post='2111598']
[quote name='Chuck' timestamp='1330697284' post='2111485']
[quote name='rtb' timestamp='1330620760' post='2111156']
[quote name='cheddarmustard' timestamp='1330618450' post='2111140']
[/quote]

It's called compassion.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes like that.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Utter horseshit.
[/quote]

Go see the chaplin and get the key to the weep locker. If you can't take it... don't dish it out.

#24 rtb

rtb

• Members
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

that's it? pffft

#25 Skin2Skin

Skin2Skin

• Members
  • 44,769 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

It's called compassion.

Yes like that.

Especially if the reason you despise them is that lack of compassion.

"This man owns other people's music. Like, goes to the store, puts their songs in his cart, walks up to the cashier and slams his money on the counter." -- Bill Pellegrino

Man, the dope's that there's still hope.

BUT...nobody wins unless everybody wins.