Photo

It would be cool if there was a message board where fans of Bruce could post nice things about him

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#1 eire boss

eire boss

• Members
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

instead of criticising every move he makes and his band members all the time :angry:

#2 MaryDove

MaryDove

• Members
  • 23,623 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

there is!
Posted Image

#3 Michigan Line

Michigan Line

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

I love Bruce...Huaman Touch is rubbish though

#4 Kay

Kay

• Members
  • 19,176 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

I don't know why threads like these pop up to be honest. The majority have just raved about his new album, what do people want? Everything to be gushy gushy all the time? People pick out some posts that aren't overwhelmingly joyous over something and Bruce somehow gets nothing but the shaft.
Now I work down at the carwash where all it ever does is rain

#5 Growin' Up

Growin' Up

• Members
  • 8,942 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

SPL is the place to go...
www.euromove.org.uk

#6 eire boss

eire boss

• Members
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

SPL is the place to go...

Ah c'mon the last few days have been a joke. The album is a shite, Soozie is shite, Stevie's cloths are shite, WTF !!! I know it's nice that us, as Bruce fans, can criticise him amongst ourselves and of course it shouldn't be all "Bruce is God" gush, gush, gush but the titles of some of these threads are downright personally insulting. The E Street Band go online too.

#7 Kay

Kay

• Members
  • 19,176 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

Actually, agree with you on that Soozie thread. I thought that was insulting, or more specifically the title given to the thread.

#8 Growin' Up

Growin' Up

• Members
  • 8,942 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

I think you'll find that the majority of posters have been positive about the album.

Springsteen message boards are largely comprised of Springsteen fans, so I don't really understand why you can be so defensive over some threads/posts which are negative.

Oh, and please don't make light of Little Steven's financial woes - it's not nice.
www.euromove.org.uk

#9 snowpatrolchlo

snowpatrolchlo

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

Yeah, fair enough -people have to stop being so critical of everything, but in terms of the album , singles, live TV showing etc, (which I've loved so far!) people should be allowed to share their opinions. The "I hate Soozie" thread was too far though-too mean. <_<

I deeply regret my user name choice, so please, just call me Chloe :) 

Dublin#1- 17.07.13 , Belfast -20.07.13, and many more to come. 

#10 CmonMrTrouble

CmonMrTrouble

• Admin
  • 23,398 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

There are lots of sites, and I think this one is more positive than most of the others. However, we aren't going to tell people they have to love everything Bruce does, agree with his every thought and decision.

Discussion implies points of view being shared.

I for one like the new CD, but the Swallowed Up song is terrible. Does that make me less of a fan?

Hell, I don't think everything I do is praiseworthy and I doubt anyone could be a bigger fan of me than I am ;)
Posted Image “The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.” - Bukowski

#11 Kay

Kay

• Members
  • 19,176 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

You only "like" the new cd Mikey? You mean you don't love it? Heresy.

#12 MaryDove

MaryDove

• Members
  • 23,623 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hell, I don't think everything I do is praiseworthy and I doubt anyone could be a bigger fan of me than I am ;)

Yo :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#13 eire boss

eire boss

• Members
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

Yeah, fair enough -people have to stop being so critical of everything, but in terms of the album , singles, live TV showing etc, (which I've loved so far!) people should be allowed to share their opinions. The "I hate Soozie" thread was too far though-too mean. <_<

Yeah it's the Soozie one that really annoyed me. The Steve one just reminded me of it. I always stand at their side of the pit at the shows and they have both given me so much joy over the years that I just don't think people should have such mean thread titles.

As for the music any artist is leaving their public work open to criticism and everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose

#14 CmonMrTrouble

CmonMrTrouble

• Admin
  • 23,398 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

I know, can you imagine?

Frankly, I enjoy listening to it, but none of the songs on this CD will probably ever crack my Top 20 favorite Bruce songs list. So yes, I am a little disappointed, but not enough to turn in my fan card or sell my concert tickets
Posted Image “The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.” - Bukowski

#15 CmonMrTrouble

CmonMrTrouble

• Admin
  • 23,398 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Yo :rolleyes:

Ducks and runs in a zig zag pattern looking for cover :P

#16 eire boss

eire boss

• Members
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

I know, can you imagine?

Frankly, I enjoy listening to it, but none of the songs on this CD will probably ever crack my Top 20 favorite Bruce songs list. So yes, I am a little disappointed, but not enough to turn in my fan card or sell my concert tickets

In fairness if I had to cut it down to 20 songs I doubt if anything from recent times (not counting Tracks / The Promise) would make the list but if it was 50 "Kingdom of days" would actually make the cut !!

#17 MaryDove

MaryDove

• Members
  • 23,623 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

I just went and sussed it out ~ that "I hate Soozie" thread doesn't barely even talk about Soozie! It's more about the (over)production on Wrecking Ball.

Besides which, no one in their right mind could hate Soozie!!
Posted Image

#18 Kay

Kay

• Members
  • 19,176 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

Well the poster who started the thread obviously does.

#19 MaryDove

MaryDove

• Members
  • 23,623 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

no, actually, that was the point I was pointing out up ^there ~~ his complaint wasn't really about Soozie at all.
Posted Image

#20 Ginslinger

Ginslinger

• Members
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

I love Soozie. I'm going to start a fred.

#21 MaryDove

MaryDove

• Members
  • 23,623 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

great idea! (try not to call her a "middle aged woman" in this one, tho, cuz, well, no one wants to be called that)
Posted Image

#22 Kay

Kay

• Members
  • 19,176 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Maybe it did have more to do with his beef with the production of the album but still not the nicest thread title, ya know? I think erieboss had a point, the band are capable of going online too.

But that's in the past and we have a tour to look forward to with horns! So exciting.

#23 KleWdSide

KleWdSide

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

instead of criticising every move he makes and his band members all the time :angry:

A vast majority of the people have been commending the new album, so....

Posted Image

#24 eire boss

eire boss

• Members
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

A vast majority of the people have been commending the album, so stop whining.

I'll whine if I want to and you know well it's not the album stuff I'm "whining" about

#25 Kay

Kay

• Members
  • 19,176 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

Did ya have to pick that pic with the tie? It's kind of an eyesore.