JustDan

Trayvon Martin Blues

2,705 posts in this topic

Better view of what? :45 there's nothing, 1:02 there's something. Why do we think what's at 1:02 is an injury?

To me, it looks like it's swollen. Either that or his head is misshaped.

Why isn't it swollen at :45? There's nothing that looks like a scrape or a "gash" or even a dark smudge. And if you hadn't been primed to think what's at 1:02 was an injury, might you think it was something else? Camera artifact, shadow, bbb's Uncle Harry?

What I don't see is any redness, bruising or blood remnants. All of which usually accompany a head wound. As I said, I see some swelling but nothing more.

With all these facts having been presented, we can save the taxpayers a lot of money by moving straight to the beheading.

Really????? That's what you have seen here? Damn, I must be reading an entirely different topic.

Oh well. I guess I really shouldn't be too surprised.

With all these facts having been presented, we can save the taxpayers a lot of money by moving straight to the beheading.

Really????? That's what you have seen here? Damn, I must be reading an entirely different topic.

Again?

A free man with a gun that he used to end the life of an unarmed youth.

That doesn't automatically make him guilty.

No. But it's enough to put him behind bars, especially since Zimmerman was the chaser, not the chasee.

Fact.

There's a difference between chasing and following.

http://thesaurus.com/browse/following

Perhaps it would be more complete to say that Zimmerman was the chaser with the gun, not the chasee without one.

Or Zimmerman was the follower with the gun, not the unarmed person who was being followed.

Not sure if that makes more than the most minor semantic difference.

Self-defense? That's for a jury to decide. It's not indicated by the facts.

I see that "watch" is a synonym for "follow." So maybe that's what Zimmerman meant when he said he was "following" Martin. He was just "watching" him.

ABC now reporting that enhanced video shows a gash on the back of Zimmy's head. Imagine if after all this hoopla Zimmy boy gets a "Get out of Jail" card? Thats when the party starts. I will be so outraged I may steal a new couch.

A free man with a gun that he used to end the life of an unarmed youth.

That doesn't automatically make him guilty.

No. But it's enough to put him behind bars, especially since Zimmerman was the chaser, not the chasee.

Fact.

There's a difference between chasing and following.

http://thesaurus.com/browse/following

Perhaps it would be more complete to say that Zimmerman was the chaser with the gun, not the chasee without one.

Or Zimmerman was the follower with the gun, not the unarmed person who was being followed.

Not sure if that makes more than the most minor semantic difference.

Self-defense? That's for a jury to decide. It's not indicated by the facts.

I see that "watch" is a synonym for "follow." So maybe that's what Zimmerman meant when he said he was "following" Martin. He was just "watching" him.

Really? Is that what you think? Or are you just playing semantic word games about the killing of an unarmed teenager?

The dispatcher wouldn't have a problem with Zimmerman watching a "suspect"--but he would have one with him following/chasing one.

I will be following the Yankees starting on Opening Day!

Media finds new photos found of Martin and Zimmerman - please replace the ones on your poster, Marty:

trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-photos-images-race-baiting-obama-photo-media-bias-sad-hill-news.jpg

a kid is dead. A kid who wasn't doing anything. He was fooking walking home. But I'm glad some can find the humor in it.

I have seen a few wingnuts sentence zimmerman. Most people have simply asked for proper procedure to be followed. As facts have emerged it has become increasingly obvious that protocol was NOT followed. Unfortunately, one thing that it does, is confirms suspicions of those wingnuts who want to believe that zimmerman was treated differently because of his skin. Really, it was likely that he has been treated differently because of his father... and then the cover up came. I think the people who made the early decisions to treat this differently didn't expect the media to glom on. And it took weeks for the media to catch on. But it caught fire. And the wingnuts came out.

But a kid is dead. And this one is now being watched.

As I've stated many times (as has BillyB) my beef is with the lynch mob that the media and social media whipped up.

The poster of Marty's being a prime example and seen widely. Angelic picture taken 5 years ago vs. Mug Shot also taken 5 years ago........That they then described Trayvon as majoring in Cheerfulness when he really was on his third suspension from school is beyond ridiculous.

If you don't see the difference between somebody taking a jab at the media and somebody finding humor in a dead kid, then please give your handle back to the real Nikita who used to be able to decipher such things.

As I've stated many times (as has BillyB) my beef is with the lynch mob that the media and social media whipped up.

The poster of Marty's being a prime example and seen widely. Angelic picture taken 5 years ago vs. Mug Shot also taken 5 years ago........That they then described Trayvon as majoring in Cheerfulness when he really was on his third suspension from school is beyond ridiculous.

If you don't see the difference between somebody taking a jab at the media and somebody finding humor in a dead kid, then please give your handle back to the real Nikita who used to be able to decipher such things.

I get the jab. And whoever created the second poster is taking a jab at the media, for sure. And yet, it's bad taste, the kid is dead. The other posters were ugly and have been discredited. Why the need for "turn about". That's one of my recent gripes. If everyone has to take their turn at jabbing, WHEN will any work towards mending actually get done?

The humor comment was directed to the creators more that the folks who pass it along. My comment, at least, I can't weigh in on anyone else's.

Lynch mobs generally end with someone actually getting lynched.

Talk about whipping up sentiment.

Trayvon was on his third suspension. Zimmerman was on his third arrest.

Ridiculous.

The only one who's dead is Trayvon Martin.

If you don't see the difference between a dead Trayvon Martin and a live George Zimmerman who is in his comfy home with his trusty gun...you are the one who needs a deciphering tool.

I get the jab. And whoever created the second poster is taking a jab at the media, for sure. And yet, it's bad taste, the kid is dead. The other posters were ugly and have been discredited. Why the need for "turn about". That's one of my recent gripes. If everyone has to take their turn at jabbing, WHEN will any work towards mending actually get done?

The humor comment was directed to the creators more that the folks who pass it along. My comment, at least, I can't weigh in on anyone else's.

That's the Nikita I know and love.

Ridiculous.

If you don't see the difference between a dead Trayvon Martin and a live George Zimmerman who is in his comfy home with his trusty gun...you are the one who needs a deciphering tool.

I don't remember anybody portraying Zimmerman as an angel.

I also don't think many people would trade places with him in his comfy home right now.........The lynch mob missed him because Spike tweeted the wrong address.

Dead or Alive! No - that's not a lynch mob mentality.

Oh and that makes it OK that the kid was gunned down??

This has nothing to do with the so called media and everything to do with a miscarriage of justice. If the shooter would have black and the victim was white do you think for a minute he wouldn't have been charged? Really?? FWIW social media is here to stay. 1,000,000 wouldn't be involved if there wasn't a core issue. Which is, once again, a 17 year old carrying skittles and ice tea was gunned down for living in his American Skin.

The real issue and what is "beyond ridiculous" is the so called Stand Your Ground law which let's this vigilantism happen in the first place.

YMMV

Not knowing much about either one of them, unlike some people on here, my guess is that Zimmerman is an overzealous cop wannabe. But, I also bet most of his neighbors appreciated his efforts if there were all those house robberies.

It happened in my neighborhood when I was in high school. And, then our family became a victim. It feels incredibly violated to have your house ransacked, if you haven't had the pleasure yourself.

You really are on guard when this type of thing is going down.

This has nothing to do with the so called media and everything to do with a miscarriage of justice. If the shooter would have black and the victim was white do you think for a minute he wouldn't have been charged? Really?? FWIW social media is here to stay. 1,000,000 wouldn't be involved if there wasn't a core issue. Which is, once again, a 17 year old carrying skittles and ice tea was gunned down for living in his American Skin.

The real issue and what is "beyond ridiculous" is the so called Stand Your Ground law which let's this vigilantism happen in the first place.

YMMV

So, I guess Nikita was wrong and those original posters have not been discredited?

So glad to see that Skittles are back as a talking point, though.

Ridiculous.

I don't remember anybody portraying Zimmerman as an angel.

You specifically portrayed him as a victim of a lynch mob. Is that what has happened to him? Or is that the kind of rhetoric you are accusing others of?

I also don't think many people would trade places with him in his comfy home right now.........The lynch mob missed him because Spike tweeted the wrong address.

The couple who lived in that wrong address have been wronged. But they were not lynched. Again, try and stick with facts (Skittles, btw...that's just fact. If it has a correlative heartbreaking childlike specificity...it doesn't take away from the fact that that was what Trayvon was carrying. Not a gun, which, in fact, is what George Zimmerman was carrying. More facts. Sorry they don't support a different story, but they are still the facts. SKITTLES, SKITTLES, SKITTLES! GUN! GUN! GUN!)

Dead or Alive! No - that's not a lynch mob mentality.

I agree--all the Black Panthers on this board over-reached.

So, you want to use word play in regards to lynch mob, but yet accuse others of doing so with the word follow?

So glad to see that Skittles are back as a talking point, though.

I aim to please. Would love to argue with ya but I'm in Dallas and there's a huge ass tornado happening right now. Grabbing Toto right now, catch ya'll later.

Stay safe, Marty.

So, you want to use word play in regards to lynch mob, but yet accuse others of doing so with the word follow?

What? I am not using wordplay. I am using commonly accepted definitions of words.

Yours were particularly ironic because IF Trayvon Martin's killing was racially motivated, he was actually lynched by a "mob" of one.

George Zimmerman...not so much.

gunned down for living in his American Skin.

What exactly does that mean, in your opinion?

YMMV

So, I guess Nikita was wrong and those original posters have not been discredited?

I should have said the pictures. The use of the pictures has been called out and therefore the posters are discredited. In my own opinion. I have theories as to why a 5 yr old picture of the kid was released by the family originally. I assume the orange jump suit was easily available. There should have been some thought behind both choices. But, it doesn't change how I relate to this case. I still want protocol.

And I really wish we could retire the phrase, "living in his American Skin". It's annoying to me and charged with a non-productive combative energy imo. Of course, others MMV and they get to make those choices.

Love you too bbb ;)