JustDan

Trayvon Martin Blues

2,705 posts in this topic

You've got to be kidding me. It was fucking horrible.

I have no idea what Datniggytb means.

Would this help: dat (that) niggy tb

tb --the family (after denying that this was actually Zimmerman's account) says it is for tugboat but it could also stand for Trayvon Benjamin.

Well, there's the proverbial smoking gun that shows this killing was premeditated.

Unless Zimmerman actually started using that handle after the shooting, which is unlikely since no one has used myspace since, I believe, around 2009.

And yet the family denied it was his at all. Which means that other things they say must also be looked at with suspicious eyes.

Yup, kind of hurts credibility when you lie, exaggerate, edit, etc. things.

Just going with the truth and not a crazily slanted picture should be good enough on both sides.

Yes, people tend to congregate around those similar to them, so it is most likely that a person of any race would be killed by someone of the same race. That said...

13% of the total U.S. population is black.

45% of the total murders committed in the U.S. are black on black.

Is that not at all disconcerting?

BREAKING NEWS!

zimmerman judge to recuse herself?

link

I'm sure more info will follow.

Just keeps twisting and turning, doesn't it?

Yes, people tend to congregate around those similar to them, so it is most likely that a person of any race would be killed by someone of the same race. That said...

13% of the total U.S. population is black.

45% of the total murders committed in the U.S. are black on black.

Is that not at all disconcerting?

I would think all of us, no matter what our stance on the Trayvon Martin case, would find it disconcerting.

Thanks. I thought that would be a lot funnier than it turned out to be. My biggest laugh came from that wire jumper from the Super Bowl. I was surprised I didn't more about what that insanity was all about at the time. Good to see he's doing well!

I believe Bill Cosby is going to interviewed at 9PM on CNN on the case. The small part that I saw and from what I see in this small article is that he thinks the case should be more about guns than race. Have to say that I agree.

Zimmerman probably wouldn't have been so "brave" in tailing Martin, and surely nobody would have died, if they even fought at all.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bill-cosby-debate-over-killing-of-trayvon-martin-should-center-on-guns-not-race/2012/04/15/gIQA3ndLJT_story.html

Bill Cosby is right.

Its no secret tbat gun owners ae a bigger threat to other people than people without guns.

And that people who carry guns in public are an even bigger threat to other people than those who just have their guns at home.

Bill Cosby is right.

Its no secret tbat gun owners ae a bigger threat to other people than people without guns.

And that people who carry guns in public are an even bigger threat to other people than those who just have their guns at home.

not_this_again.jpg

Bill Cosby is right.

not_this_again.jpg

TRUTH hurts I see. :)

Bill Cosby is right.

not_this_again.jpg

Not at all, but re-hashed falsehoods, lies and general BS gets a bit tiresome.

Trayvon Martin would in all probability still be alive if George Zimmerman hadn't been armed.

But that doesn't exonerate George Zimmerman nor mean that guns are to blame. A gun is an inanimate object without a person shooting it.

Bill Cosby is right.

not_this_again.jpg

Well, that is YOUR posting style. Not mine. Just think religion. I am as anti-religion as they come, but you are way overdoing it, BIG TIME.

What I said is correct.

Only an idiot would deny it.

Trayvon Martin would in all probability still be alive if George Zimmerman hadn't been armed.

But that doesn't exonerate George Zimmerman nor mean that guns are to blame. A gun is an inanimate object without a person shooting it.

Which is why a PERSON WITH a gun is a bigger threat than a person WITHOUT a gun.

We can't eradicate people, so we have to get rid of the artificial penis enlargement instead.

A person is usually an inanimate object after getting shot with a gun.

A loose cannon self-appointed neighborhood watchman like George Zimmerman would make a good poster boy for gun control. But that would seem to be a separate issue from the question of whether or not Zimmerman is innocent or guilty.

Bill Cosby is right.

not_this_again.jpg

Well, that is YOUR posting style. Not mine. Just think religion. I am as anti-religion as they come, but you are way overdoing it, BIG TIME.

What am I doing that is "overdoing it", posting truths? And what does this have to do religion?

What I said is correct.

No, it simply is not.

Only an idiot would deny it.

So you say. Some others would agree that the idiot is the one who agrees with your assessment. Go figure.

A loose cannon self-appointed neighborhood watchman like George Zimmerman would make a good poster boy for gun control. But that would seem to be a separate issue from the question of whether or not Zimmerman is innocent or guilty.

What's wrong with that? Can't there be two balls in the air at once?

But honestly, it muddies the water to jumble the three of these together. Trayvon Martin's death isn't about gun control or institutionalized racism...but both are related issues.

What am I doing that is "overdoing it", posting truths? And what does this have to do religion?

Religion was just an example.

No, it simply is not.

Yes it is.

So you say. Some others would agree that the idiot is the one who agrees with your assessment. Go figure.

Those who say that, are the idiots :)

You have many of those in the US I think.

Gun control is VERY relevant here.

You have the police to take care of criminals or suspected criminals. Not the murdering thugs like George Zimmerman or Joe Horn.

You have many of those in the US I think.

Gun control is VERY relevant here.

You have the police to take care of criminals or suspected criminals. Not the murdering thugs like George Zimmerman or Joe Horn.

I don't disagree, CK (though I don't remember the Joe Horn thread/case well enough to comment on it now)...I just don't want this particular thread to take a detour.

Trayvon Martin's killer showed signs of injury: neighbors

Jorge Rodriguez, Zimmerman's next-door neighbor, told Reuters that when he saw Zimmerman the day after the incident, "he had two big, butterfly bandages on the back of his head, and another big bandage...on the bridge of his nose." He was talking to a police detective in his driveway.

Rodriguez's wife Audria also said she saw the bandages and a third neighbor, who spoke only on condition of anonymity, agreed with the Rodriguez couple's account. "I saw two bandages on the back of his head, and his nose was all swollen up," said the witness, who had watched from a nearby second-floor window.

The neighbors spoke to Reuters on Sunday and Monday, saying they felt they owed him their public support after he was charged with second-degree murder.

Religion was just an example.

No, it simply is not.

Yes it is.

Those who say that, are the idiots :)

headbashwall.gif