Photo

How many people travel with the band for a tour?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 Anders

Anders

• Members
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

Does anyone here know? Are we talking band + 20 people? Band + 50 people?

#2 JoanFontaine

JoanFontaine

• Moderators
  • 7,333 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Do you mean assistants, equipment technicians, sound, lights, video, stagehands, hair, makeup, wardrobe, security, hotel, tickets? All of the above?

The way your heart beats when I hold you tight
The way you sigh when we kiss good-night
The way the wind blows through the trees
Well hey that's the way you belong to me

#3 Anders

Anders

• Members
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Yep. All the people that are directly connected to Springsteen Inc. for a tour or tour leg. Not local staff.

#4 Anders

Anders

• Members
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

I'm guessing at least band + 50 people. No?

#5 riverdude2

riverdude2

• Members
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

On the WOAD Euro tour leg, 15 were listed separately from crew. They included security and trainer etc. Crew numbered a further 92.

#6 Growin' Up

Growin' Up

• Members
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

Wow - quite an entourage.

I wonder whether he gets somebody to sort his M&M's out.

I hear he hates Green M&M's. Hates 'em.
www.euromove.org.uk

#7 The Hit Kitchen

The Hit Kitchen

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

Is that really true? I know for a fact that Van Halen (still) wants his brown M&M's removed from the rest. An acquaintance who deals with the tour riders from celeb's at our local arena mentioned this to me when they were in town last month. *sigh*
People say "wow, you're so retro"... actually, I'm not. I just like stuff that isn't a worthless piece of shit - after 2 years of buying it - Jim Campilongo

"Has rock and roll just died, or does it just smell bad"? - Graham Parker

"And here's a man still working for your smile" :) - Leonard Cohen

#8 KleWdSide

KleWdSide

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

Is that really true? I know for a fact that Van Halen (still) wants his brown M&M's removed from the rest. An acquaintance who deals with the tour riders from celeb's at our local arena mentioned this to me when they were in town last month. *sigh*

I think you're missing Growin' Up's joke.
Posted Image

#9 kevharrison

kevharrison

• Moderators
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

It's not a joke. Bruce once fired two people for not looking after his canoe, but what isn't widely known was that they also were fired for not following Bruce's instructions regarding the removal of all Green M + M's from the dressing room.
lhot.png

#10 tonyz

tonyz

• Members
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

It's not a joke. Bruce once fired two people for not looking after his canoe, but what isn't widely known was that they also were fired for not following Bruce's instructions regarding the removal of all Green M + M's from the dressing room.

That's gotta be a joke that I'm missing?

And the Van Halen brown M&M thing actually isn't as crazy as it sounds... here's a quick summery:

"Roth explained that many older venues -- i.e. the Spectrum -- weren't equipped to put on a "gigantor epic-sized Van Halen production." Their equipment was taking too long to set up, would get damaged and could have resulted in injuries. To make sure that the promoters followed their rider to the letter and keep everyone safe, the band included the infamous brown M&M request: If they saw the offending candy, it would mean that they the promoter didn't read the rider close enough and they had to do extra checks for safety."
Well sir, I guess there's just a meanness in this world...

#11 KleWdSide

KleWdSide

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

Uh-huh. Sure..
Posted Image

#12 riverdude2

riverdude2

• Members
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

The list for WOAD Euro leg (names concealed other than band).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 luckytouch

luckytouch

• Members
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

The day after the Magic show in Manchester, I saw Kevin Buell and some roadies who we recognised from the previous night's show. They were catching the train to London for the next show.
Seemed slightly strange.
I'm only here for fun

#14 Growin' Up

Growin' Up

• Members
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

Were they laden with guitars?
www.euromove.org.uk

#15 luckytouch

luckytouch

• Members
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

As far as I remember, they had bags but no guitars. Or amps.
I'm only here for fun

#16 J

J

• Members
  • 42,169 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

The day after the Magic show in Manchester, I saw Kevin Buell and some roadies who we recognised from the previous night's show. They were catching the train to London for the next show.
Seemed slightly strange.

Why strange? Would you expect the roadies to travel with the band? I'd be amazed if the band even all travel together...

J

post-1-0-58238300-1385562113.jpg

#17 Jimmy the St.

Jimmy the St.

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

We were wondering watching the crew set up in Albany if Bruce has 2 set-ups for equipment and speakers etc. and 2 set-up crews so they're always one stop ahead? He played Cleveland the next night which is an 8 hr. drive by truck. To tear it down it down, load it up, truck it out, unload & set it back up, all in like 16hrs? That would double the manpower, but I'm guessing they can afford it!

#18 J

J

• Members
  • 42,169 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

We were wondering watching the crew set up in Albany if Bruce has 2 set-ups for equipment and speakers etc. and 2 set-up crews so they're always one stop ahead? He played Cleveland the next night which is an 8 hr. drive by truck. To tear it down it down, load it up, truck it out, unload & set it back up, all in like 16hrs? That would double the manpower, but I'm guessing they can afford it!

He did just that on the last tour... or the Magic tour, I forget... or probably both actually. So I wouldn't be surprised if that's his standard way of running a tour.

J

post-1-0-58238300-1385562113.jpg

#19 newcastle roy

newcastle roy

• Members
  • 28,213 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

Don't forget the Panda.
The Panda who looks after the door to the Boss..B)