Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JudgeBrown

The Official 29 April New Orleans SETLISTVISION Thread

0 posts in this topic

JazzFest web site says Bruce on at 430pm their time. That's 530 on the US East Coast, 230 on the US West Coast.

SLV not available at 36000 feet on my flights so i'll miss it :(

How can a Po Boy stand such times and live?

It's Hard to be the Saints in this City.

The Price You Pay - dedicated to Gregg Williams.

[quote name='Wasted in the heat' timestamp='1335716437' post='2137103']
The Price You Pay - dedicated to Gregg Williams.
[/quote]

Out of the East on an Irish stallion came Bounty Hunter Dan

[quote name='Wasted in the heat' timestamp='1335716343' post='2137102']
It's Hard to be the Saints in this City.
[/quote]

:lol: :lol:

[quote name='JudgeBrown' timestamp='1335715066' post='2137094']
JazzFest web site says Bruce on at 430pm their time. That's 530 on the US East Coast, 230 on the US West Coast.
[/quote]

Now that's a time we can all live in. Even across the pond that's a downright civil time of 10:30pm.

[quote name='AMIW' timestamp='1335715968' post='2137099']
SLV not available at 36000 feet on my flights so i'll miss it :(
[/quote]

You don't have wifi on your plane? :rolleyes:

[img]http://jackieclarkson.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/fqfestposter2-e1332881480925.jpg[/img]

Tweet by Stevie 15m ago:
Attention Rockers, Comedians, and all Road Dogs.Hotel Alert! Le Pavillon in New Orleans worst hotel of the tour! No movies on tv! Stupid!

edit. update:
...among many other problems. Nice room service girl on the phone though Toni I think. The delivery guy too.The rest-beautiful and useless.

Judge?!!!!! You not doing ANY of the shows. Damn! I should you have bought you a ticket for at least one!

Yay! This show will be early enough for me to join in SLV...at least for a while!

This is hilarious, more tweets from SVZ:
I'm getting reports now that maybe the joint is haunted. Especially my floor which was 8. Haunted by fucking moron managers if you ask me!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A6bfRhDOmQ[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2xctZo08V0[/media]

[quote name='pienelien' timestamp='1335726721' post='2137150']
Judge?!!!!! You not doing ANY of the shows. Damn! I should you have bought you a ticket for at least one!
[/quote]

Maybe The Judge can make it to the Tailgates of all Tailgates, The Firerich memorial one 9/22. There's gonna be a "little" show going on then too.

Speaking of shows I had hoped to see the New Orleans show, but sadly, couldn't get it together. So technically I didn't see any of the first leg shows like Judge B. But I see Bruce's keynote from the 8th row, which was cool. Looking forward to the NJ ( and maybe Philly) Stadium shows!

[img]https://p.twimg.com/Arq-GF_CQAAO1rz.jpg[/img]

[url="http://springsteeninformationcenter.wordpress.com/2012/04/29/bruce-springsteen-fans-have-one-track-mind-at-new-orleans-jazz-fest/"]http://springsteeninformationcenter.wordpress.com/2012/04/29/bruce-springsteen-fans-have-one-track-mind-at-new-orleans-jazz-fest/[/url]
[b]
Bruce Springsteen Fans Have One-Track Mind at New Orleans Jazz Fest
[/b]
[i]
By Katie Van SyckleNOLA.com[/i]

Bruce Springsteen fans lined the entrances to the New Orleans Jazz Fest on Sunday to stake a claim at the Acura Stage. By 11 a.m., they had laid down tarps and unfurled flags, all for a chance to catch a glimpse of the Boss. After all, it?s the day thousands have circled on their calendars for months.
jazz-fest-crowd.jpgDoug MacCash/The Times-PicayuneFans of Bruce Springsteen, Dr. John and Trombone Shorty made for a wild scene at the Acura Stage early Sunday afternoon at the New Orleans Jazz Fest.

This is the first time Springsteen has played New Orleans since his widely remembered New Orleans Jazz Fest performance in 2006, and some traveled from as far as Ontario and arrived as early as 7 a.m.

?It was like cattle all going into the lines,? said Darlene ter Huurne who was one of the first in line at the Sauvage Street entrance ?We had two people who had the tarps and were going to try and get a spot. Everyone just ran and they were running over people to get a spot near the stage.?

Ter Guurne hit the side gate at 6:56 a.m.with her sisters and friends from across the country. They wore bright pink shirts that read, ?It?s Hard to be a Saint in the City,? a dual nod to Springsteen and New Orleans.

Their three camp flags, American, Canadian and E Street, even paid homage to the Boss. ?We wanted to get the flag in honor of Clarence Clemons because we loved him and followed him as well. We made our flag to honor their friendship and their band and their music playing,? Ter Guurne said.
Bruce Springsteen Fans Rush the Gates at New Orleans Jazz FestBruce Springsteen Fans Rush the Gates at New Orleans Jazz FestHundreds of Bruce Springsteen fans lined the entrances to New Orleans Jazz Fest to stake a claim at the Acura stage. By 11 a.m. they had laid down tarps and unfurled flags all for a chance to catch a glimpse of the Boss. Watch video

Although Jazz Fest materials say the Fair Grounds gates will be opened at 11 a.m., the exact time the crowds are released seems open to individual interpretation. Michael Cuslidge, from Mizoula, Mont., was also one of the first in line at the Sauvage Street gate at 7:10 a.m. He said things got a little crazy.

?Some of us waited three hours to get in and the people who showed up five minutes before and were forcing their way in and at 6 foot 4, 240 pounds, I was swept up in a wave I couldn?t prevent,? Cuslidge said. Cuslidge seems to have already forgotten the dust-up. A self-described ?dead-head,? Cuslidge has taken over the Bruce-to-Missoula coalition.

?Bruce has not played four states: Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota and Alaska. The Rolling Stones and Pearl Jam have played Missoula and we would love to see Bruce Springsteen in Missoula,? he said

For now, Cuslidge will just have to put up with the heat and humidity in New Orleans.

Check back later for our review of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band on the Acura Stage.

From the Twitter:

@KamPatt Crowd for Bruce Springsteen being compared to coachella. People didn't expect this #jazzfest #nola #neworleans

Here we go again...unconfirmed...

1. Badlands