Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eileen

0 posts in this topic

I used to be on this, years ago. A mate asked if I was still on - anybody else on Skype here?

Yes.

Last time I bought a cheap microphone - will try to do better this time - any tips as to what kind to get? I suppose I'll have to get another of those little camera thingies - think I chucked the other one out.

Can't help on technical stuff. I use my laptop which has sound and vision :)

Laptop has a camera, but I got a cheap microphone which seems to work fine, I think you can just plug a webcam in and it should work if you are set up to Skype, but maybe one of the boys can help.

Is that one of those old fashioned devices where people actually talk to each other as opposed to wearing out two fingers like what we do like.

I used to have a small phone (similar in size to a mobile) which plugged into the usb drive.

Found that better than using a microphone.

I had skype, the antibiotics worked fine but i still feel a little itchy ...

You need anti virus Ed

have it but hardly use it

Thank you folks! I shall call into Argos today while I'm out and about then set it up tonight,

I suppose I'll have to start wearing clothes while I'm sitting here then. Oh dear, sorry to put you off your cornflakes! :lol:

You can Skype me anytime Eileen

It was invaluable whilst I was working in Stinkypoo.

[quote name='cabbyian' timestamp='1342994416' post='2159022']
Is that one of those old fashioned devices where people actually talk to each other as opposed to wearing out two fingers like what we do like.
[/quote]

[img]http://latis.exeter.ac.uk/cfarchive/2fingers.jpg[/img]

Don't believe the Skype!!!

[quote name='Eileen' timestamp='1343030668' post='2159077']
Thank you folks! I shall call into Argos today while I'm out and about then set it up tonight,

I suppose I'll have to start wearing clothes while I'm sitting here then. Oh dear, sorry to put you off your cornflakes! :lol:
[/quote]

I have heard of such ......... *aherm*......... "speciality" websites. :D

[quote name='Eileen' timestamp='1343030668' post='2159077']

[/quote]

Start charging money!

I was asking Kate what happened to the webcam I used to have - apparently she took it to her mate's house and they've used it to keep in touch with other pals. I should have it back later - and it has an inbuilt mic - so I should be all set up tonight.

Wehey!!!! It'll be a laugh. :D I'll also be able to see Rafe and not miss too much.

[quote name='cabbyian' timestamp='1342994416' post='2159022']
[/quote]

You can type with two fingers? Wow I'm impressed. I can only manage one!

What's Skype?

It's what I'm hooking up to ... when Kate finally gets home with the bloomin' webcam. Grrrrrr!

You download Skype and make phone calls - free to other users - and see folk on camera. Scary, eh? :)

[quote name='Eileen' timestamp='1343077316' post='2159646']
It's what I'm hooking up to ... when Kate finally gets home with the bloomin' webcam. Grrrrrr!

You download Skype and make phone calls - free to other users - and see folk on camera. Scary, eh? :)
[/quote]

Oh, right. Now I get the not-being-naked thing. Haha. Be fun though. NON?

I'll have to look my best pyjamas out.

You dont need a camera, there is a 'just chat' option on Skype, effectively making it a free mobile phone service.

As somebody more-or-less said earlier.

I'll need the camera to see my grandson ... I don't think he's got the hang of chatting yet. :)

[quote name='Eileen' timestamp='1343131229' post='2159773']
I'll need the camera to see my grandson ... I don't think he's got the hang of chatting yet. :)
[/quote]

You say that like he'd get a word in edgeways!! :D