• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#51 soulsofthedeparted

soulsofthedeparted

• Members
  • 3,219 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1985

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

Cardiff..id go again even all the way from up hear in Northumberland.
Sunderland nowt wrong with it...if it had been a friday night it wud have sold out(last time old trafford was used it wasnt sold out)
Wembley...not fussed
Hyde park ..no chance thank god
Emirates ...NOOO PLEASE
Hampden NO for me, awful sound.
Villa Park...aye fond memories
Murrayfield..yes

#52 Lambkin

Lambkin

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

Glastonbury...

The one thing we know about JLM is that they don't like change. It was no surprise that they did Pinkpop, Hyde Park in 2012. It was safe, they knew the promoters, etc. etc. I bet that JLM would have gone for Glastonbury in 2012 if they could've.

#53 bigbonesbilly

bigbonesbilly

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:river album and tour

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

Glastonbury...

The one thing we know about JLM is that they don't like change. It was no surprise that they did Pinkpop, Hyde Park in 2012. It was safe, they knew the promoters, etc. etc. I bet that JLM would have gone for Glastonbury in 2012 if they could've.

Festivals are always a possibility, where Bruce plays has as much to do with the promoters as JLM.
stay hard, stay hungry, stay alive

#54 covbossfan

covbossfan

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

The Ricoh is on the Live Nation circuit. Out of the running this time as was being prepared for Olympics. Coldplay, Take That etc have performed there.

Well said Mark!, I think its a bit of a no brainer to be honest, but then again I Would! ;0)

#55 kevharrison

kevharrison

• Moderators
  • 3,280 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/KevHarrison

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

Glastonbury...

Who says they won't in 2013?
lhot.png

#56 Walklikeasupercaley

Walklikeasupercaley

• Members
  • 785 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1978

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

Glastonbury...

And/or maybe T in the Park
I was sick and tired of everything when I called you last night from Glasgow

#57 Born To Walk

Born To Walk

• Members
  • 9,214 posts
  • My Page: Attended Shows:www.greasylake.org/my_page_attended_public.php?login=BornToWalk
  • Springsteen fan since?:c1979 - Heard Born To Run on the radio one Saturday morning. That was it!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Ken Bates remains a legend in Yorkshire.

I've heard him called lots of things, but "legend" is a first!

Ken Bates is a C**t ! F**king hate the bloke. BATES OUT!

That's one of the ones I'd heard!

#58 Magnus

Magnus

• Members
  • 17,270 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:First heard Bruce in 89, diehard fan since around 93 or so

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

Brighton pier/beach.

I'd consider coming over from the States for that.
AWWN, TWO, THREE, FAAAWWR!

#59 Elbow

Elbow

• Members
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Sunderland nowt wrong with it...if it had been a friday night it wud have sold out(last time old trafford was used it wasnt sold out)
Wembley...not fussed
Emirates ...NOOO PLEASE
Murrayfield..yes

Totally agree with your summation..
Stayed in Ashington the night before Sunderland. Best Premier Inn on the Planet. I don't work for Premier Inn.

#60 miamisteve

miamisteve

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

Ken Bates remains a legend in Yorkshire.

I've heard him called lots of things, but "legend" is a first!

I think it was meant to read leg end not legend

Ken Bates is a C**t ! F**king hate the bloke. BATES OUT!

That's one of the ones I'd heard!

#61 Bossman66

Bossman66

• Members
  • 1,300 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1984ish

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

Much as I love the optimism of this thread, I shall be very surprised (& hopefully I will be) if there are any more than 3 shows across the whole Country.

Please let me be wrong though!

Bossman
I'll wait for you, And should I fall behind, Wait for me

#62 Jono2u

Jono2u

• Members
  • 823 posts
  • My Page: Attended Shows:2003-05-29 Old Trafford Cricket Ground Manchester England 2006-11-14 Hallem FM Arena Sheffield England 2008-06-14 Millenium Stadium Cardiff Wales 2009-07-12 RDS Dublin Ireland 2012-06-22 Etihad Stadium Manchester UK 2013-06-18 Hampden Park Glasgow UK 2013-07-23 Millennium Stadium Cardiff UK

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

Glastonbury...

And/or maybe T in the Park

i would take T in the Park

#63 newcastle roy

newcastle roy

• Members
  • 28,084 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

Seeing The Boss at the home of Newcastle United..again, would be a dream come true.
but I don't think it will happen.

2nd choice would be Millennium Stadium Cardiff, great sound best location, very well organised place..class.

stadium of shite was better than i thought it would be, but no, not again, my heart couldn't take it,

I'd go to Man city and Arsenal again, but only if i was in the pit.
Villa park and Murryfield would be a yes vote.
And Leeds United, I reckon would be perfect for a gig..doubt that would happen as well.

And why not Gateshead ?
Well why the fook not ?

#64 soulsofthedeparted

soulsofthedeparted

• Members
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

Wembley...not fussed
Emirates ...NOOO PLEASE
Murrayfield..yes

Totally agree with your summation..
Stayed in Ashington the night before Sunderland. Best Premier Inn on the Planet. I don't work for Premier Inn.

Aye Lakeside premier...good and a excellent reputation to be fair

#65 Rotten Johnny

Rotten Johnny

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

Whilst fully appreciating Newcastle Roy's loyalty to his native North East, I think that suggesting Gateshead as a possible 2013 tour venue could be stretching it a little ! Surely Bruce is bigger and better than a 12,000 capacity Blue Square Premiership 'stadium' ? !

http://www.footballg...e/gateshead.htm

#66 MagicRatAFC

MagicRatAFC

• Members
  • 3,480 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:Waaaaaaayyyy back when.......

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

If Bruce ever plays King Tut's in Glasgow I would sell my house to buy a ticket, people would die at that gig!!!!!!

Also, I'd love to see him play Pittodrie (for purely emotional reasons, the old girl is looking a bit tired these days) just once before the wrecking ball comes down.

It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized by. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!

#67 C4G

C4G

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1983

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

Let's be totally honest, there are no ideal outdoor venues. They are all shit.

#68 Eden

Eden

• Members
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Much as I love the optimism of this thread, I shall be very surprised (& hopefully I will be) if there are any more than 3 shows across the whole Country.

Please let me be wrong though!

Bossman

Thats my thoughts also.

#69 HelloNewman

HelloNewman

• Members
  • 4,728 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1988

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

Let's be totally honest, there are no ideal outdoor venues. They are all shit.

+1
Stadiums are a ridiculous place for live music. Their purpose is solely to get as much buck as possible from one nights work.

#70 the-chickenman

the-chickenman

• Members
  • 7,068 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

Seeing The Boss at the home of Newcastle United..again, would be a dream come true.

Why not St.James Park Roy? Don't know if it was true (you probably know more about it than me), but according to rumors earlier this year JLM, or the promoters(?), were looking at St.James park, but in the end went with Stadium of Light, SORRY Shite, because they couldn't agree with St.James Park Officials over the payment or something like that? Or am I wide of the mark here? At least if Mike Ashley were puling the strings it sounded likely enough to me...

#71 Born To Walk

Born To Walk

• Members
  • 9,214 posts
  • My Page: Attended Shows:www.greasylake.org/my_page_attended_public.php?login=BornToWalk
  • Springsteen fan since?:c1979 - Heard Born To Run on the radio one Saturday morning. That was it!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

Why not St.James Park Roy? Don't know if it was true (you probably know more about it than me), but according to rumors earlier this year JLM, or the promoters(?), were looking at St.James park, but in the end went with Stadium of Light, SORRY Shite, because they couldn't agree with St.James Park Officials over the payment or something like that? Or am I wide of the mark here? At least if Mike Ashley were puling the strings it sounded likely enough to me...

I think the demand that the E Steet Band be renamed The Sports Direct Band was probably the final straw :D

#72 Joadboy

Joadboy

• Members
  • 9,806 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1988 (TOL, Bramall Lane) -yep, started late!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

You all know very well that if there is to be a 2013 Euro tour it will feature only one Uk venue - prolly Hyde Park - and endless shows in obcsure Spanish towns with populations of no more than five figures.

There are only 96 true 'victims'.

I only become a victim when you call me one....................... so don't bother.

#73 Harry42

Harry42

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1980

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

I would like to see a venue chosen that could support two or three consecutive nights. I am envious of the euro and USA fans that get the 2nd night set lists. So that unfortunately brings me to the conclusion that it will have to be London, but where? Not The home of the FA as too large, the emirates perhaps would be most likely. I would prefer a Prince like 5 nights at the o2' with a chance for us to be rewarded with a few album shows. The thunder road love song was nice but how about a beautiful reward for our love and devotion?

I know won't happen - JL only interested in the big bucks etc etc

#74 spruce springclean

spruce springclean

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1981

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

Posted ImageThis wil do for me Bruce. Home of the mighty Seagulls
nobody wins unless everybody wins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users