Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMIW

The Official MeadowLands September 21st Night #2 SetListVision thread

413 posts in this topic

All the cool peeps are flying in from Oz, Blighty, Euroland and even Sharkyville and all other parts of the globe for this one.

it will be epic....

MartyR and Queen Gina will be there too so we'll have a full SLV committee meeting for the first time in 3 years,

All the cool peeps are flying in from Oz, Blighty, Euroland and even Sharkyville and all other parts of the globe for this one.

it will be epic....

MartyR and Queen Gina will be there too so we'll have a full SLV committee meeting for the first time in 3 years,

First order of business ....review the overly draconian manly cry rules. Its 2012 for gods sake.... The list needs to be expanded. Or barring that ...certainly an exemption for songs youve been chasing over 10 years. :lol:

item 23 on the agenda is coincidentally a full exemption for all songs played night #3 (the FireRich show) an exemption last issued for a certain River Album show you may have heard about Bob :o

Maybe I'll see one or more of you there... Pumped, Night 1 was awesome and Night 2 will only be better

item 23 on the agenda is coincidentally a full exemption for all songs played night #3 (the FireRich show) an exemption last issued for a certain River Album show you may have heard about Bob :o

The committee is merciful. :)

I suspect the agenda item about counting pre-show acoustic songs will be voted down by Gina :(

I may be around to host this one...

Saturday, however, I'll be a little busy. ;)

From what I can see, is he phasing out the request signs? Still hoping against hope I can get a sign out for Trouble River.

From what I can see, is he phasing out the request signs? Still hoping against hope I can get a sign out for Trouble River.

Good freaking luck with that one, friend. :lol: You'll need it! I hope it plays out well for you.

A guy can dream :D It hasn't been played in almost 15 years and he probably forgot he wrote it.

it will be epic....

Oh to own a nearby liquor store.

Night 2 rule in effect

I will contest and offer that Weds was a warm up show, a rehearsal if you will.......3 hrs and 45 mins of warming up

Friday will be night 1

Saturday will be Night 2, epic for many reasons including:

The aforementioned list of GL Royalty who are attending

Sunday is Bruce's birthday, so anything after midnight will be a birthday show

Band is off the road for several weeks after Saturday's show

FireRich weekend, no doubt Bruce knows about this

Last night in Jersey, so Jersey Girl and NYCSerenade will need to be played

But I'm just hoping, Bruce doesn't return my calls anymore, not after the restraining order ;)

My guess is that, much like the three MA shows and the first three shows at Giants Stadium in 2009, the first show is a badass warm up, the second show is NIGHT TWO EXTRAVAGANZA, and the third show is the cool down.

(P.S: I know it was already played, but I'm praying for Prove It '78 on Saturday for my dad! Wish us luck!)

Night 2 rule in effect

I will contest and offer that Weds was a warm up show, a rehearsal if you will.......3 hrs and 45 mins of warming up

Friday will be night 1

Saturday will be Night 2, epic for many reasons including:

The aforementioned list of GL Royalty who are attending

Sunday is Bruce's birthday, so anything after midnight will be a birthday show

Band is off the road for several weeks after Saturday's show

FireRich weekend, no doubt Bruce knows about this

Last night in Jersey, so Jersey Girl and NYCSerenade will need to be played

But I'm just hoping, Bruce doesn't return my calls anymore, not after the restraining order ;)

But I won't be there Saturday, only tomorrow. And I need for New York City Serenade, Jersey Girl, Jungleland, E Street Shuffle, Drive All Night, Point Blank, Thundercrack, Prove It '78, You've Got It and a few others to be played. Oh and Brilliant Disguise would be nice too. :D

LOL, you better come back Saturday then----I thought my wish list was ambitious!

Early flight...I'll see you all tomorrow...get some rest Andrew. :)

it will be epic....

I propose an Executive Committee Meeting at the tailgate as Hero will be at Saturdays show as well. I definitely think there needs to be a manly cry waiver for Jungleland.

Eagerly awaiting these shows......

Hope everyone has a great time....

At the airport at 0 dark hundred luckily of the two flights to I-95 this morning I am on the one that wasnt cancelled - phew!

Update sat on the plane then they made us get off due to a mechanical problem - now on a flight this afternoon so will miss GA

crap...

Guessing tonight will see "Girls in their Summer Clothes" as tonight is the last night of summer....isnt it?

I hope all Lakers will have a great show at the Meadowlands

Per Bruce Springsteen News:

Stan Goldstein@Stan_Goldstein

GA Wristband line at MetLife Stadoum up to about 800 for tonight's Bruce Springsteen show.

Wish us luck!

Good luck to you :)