Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMIW

The Official Gijon June 26th EuroSetListVision thread

0 posts in this topic

• the sunny day kid has travelled all the way from the other end of Spain to attend

60977.jpg

1 person likes this

if i were Bruce I would play this sign

female_football_fans_42.jpg

1 person likes this

Or of course the BEST Sign in the History of Signs EVER

00000056.jpg

3 people like this

unbelievably Spain were once not very good at Football and once even lost to Ingerland in a penalty-shootout! I know i still don;t believe it happened

european_football_championships_1996_eng

prior to that Ingerland's last penalty shootout victory was 1588

550px-Armada2.jpg

2 people like this

The stadium in Gijon is perhaps best known as the scene of "the shame of Gijon" when West Germany and Austria managed to conspire to finish 1-0 and eliminate Algeria

after that the final group games were always played at the same time

gijon_el_molinon1.jpg

West Germany versus Austria was a 1982 FIFA World Cup game played at the El Molinón stadium, Gijón, Spain, on 25 June 1982.

In German, it is known as Nichtangriffspakt von Gijón (lit. Non-aggression pact of Gijón)[1] or Schande von Gijón (lit. Disgrace of Gijón), while in Algeria it is known as the Anschluss.[2]

The match was the last game of the first-round Group 2, with Algeria and Chile having played the day before. With the outcome of that match already decided, a win by one or two goals for West Germany would result in both them and Austria qualifying at the expense of Algeria, which had beaten West Germany in the first game. After 10 minutes, West Germany took the lead. Thereafter, neither team scored, and few scoring chances were created. Onlookers noted that both teams played as though they were content with the result, giving the impression of them having an unspoken agreement to play for a 1–0 German win.

In the second group stage of the previous World Cup in 1978, the Austrians, despite having already been eliminated, had made great efforts to beat West Germany 3–2 in a match known as the Miracle of Cordoba, which deprived the Germans of a berth in the Third Place match. The two teams were considered to be fierce rivals. However, as the 1982 match did not live up to these expectations and was widely perceived to be fixed, many observers were strongly critical of the teams' performances.

ps the ref was scottish !

1 person likes this

00000056.jpg

The sign that made Setlistvision what it is today.

00000056.jpg

+1 :)

Busstop Bookies latest odds:

No album 4/6
BITUSA 6/5
BTR 2/1
Darkness 5/1

00000056.jpg

Great photo!

It's a sign of the times. ;)

00000056.jpg

I have actually touched this famous sign!

Can't make SLV tonight so I hope everyone has a great time and don't forget the dance moves and imaginary sax solos that are now part of this great tradition (AS STARTED BY ME)  :lol:

All together now 'WAITING, WAITING ON A SUNNY CHILD, GONNA MAKE THE CROWD GO WILD, I'M WAITING ON A SUNNY CHILD'

Can't make SLV tonight so I hope everyone has a great time and don't forget the dance moves and imaginary sax solos that are now part of this great tradition (AS STARTED BY ME)  :lol:

All together now 'WAITING, WAITING ON A SUNNY CHILD, GONNA MAKE THE CROWD GO WILD, I'M WAITING ON A SUNNY CHILD'

This years only Spanish SLV, and you will have to miss it ?!

Won't be the same without you...

Will "Spanish Eyes" reappear tonight, and maybe this years first "Janey, Don't You Lose Heart" as that was apperantly a big hit in Spain?

withot Nancy we may have to resort to our onsite guest moderator to call in the SetList

manuel.jpg

1 person likes this

I spent a day in Gijon last August, holidaying with my family. Nice town. Have a great show, everyone.

Sister and family too - looks like they are ALL going to be heading to Paris again perhaps (just like last year) including Patti? (and maybe her Mum is over again also and currently in Monaco with her?)- Patti on stage in Paris?, it's a Sat night - Tougher!?

Sister and family too - looks like they are ALL going to heading to Paris again (just like last year) including Patti perhaps (and maybe her Mum is over again also and currently in Monaco with her?)

I think the showjumping goes on into the day of the Paris gig.

Enjoy the show, lakers in Gijon B) !

Enjoy the show, lakers in Gijon B) !

+2