Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMIW

The Official Auckland NZ March 1st Night #1HobbitSetListVision thread

439 posts in this topic

by special request of the excitable Daisey ;)

3 people like this

Can we get the hobbit pictures over with NOW, Andrew? :D

NZ is a whopping 13 hours ahead of Proper Time so

8pm in NZ is

9am in South Africa

8am in EuroLand

7am in Blighty

2am on I-95 (that's 18 hours behind!!!)

11pm the night before on the Left Coast

9pm the night before in Hawaii (a 23 hour difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

and winning rugby:

7749284.jpg

1 person likes this

Very excited for Daisey and the rest of our New Zealand neighbours.

Pls take good care of him :)

and winning rugby:

7749284.jpg

That's a lovely view! :wub:

1 person likes this

If I remember rightly (locals please correct me _ the NE corner of the North Island of NZ is right on the 180 meridian aka the International Date line so is literally the other side of the planet to Blighty but so as to avoid a few small islands the line takes a meandering drunken turn around NZ so that it is both an hour and 23 hours from Hawaii

which is almost due north.

dateln.gif

1 person likes this

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!!

everybody practice now ...

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!!!

have to pop out down to bank and empty out the old Bruce fund

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P:D:lol:B):wub::):D:P;):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

hay those smilies have no limits unlike the like button !!

im listening to my Moncton boot where he asks who hasn't seen the ESB before? before spirit in the night

he si so funny -i hiope he talks to us alot in Auckland :wub:

4 people like this

and winning rugby:

7749284.jpg

That's a lovely view! :wub:

too bad you arnt American JMW because i would swap every All Black that ever lived (sorry sir pine tree)past present and future for one Bruce Springsteen

8pm in NZ is

9am in South Africa

8am in EuroLand

7am in Blighty

So left coasters like me will be watching a show tonight that is actually happening tomorrow night?

Living in the future and none of this has happened yet?

6 people like this

I remember crossing the International Date Line on a flight from Sydney to L.A, it is even more confusing than a tour route itinerary designed by Landau

I still don't know if I am a day younger or day older than I really am and believe I need to cross it westbound sometime to sort everything out, since I never went back

west it is one of those mysteries of when my birthday actually is!

=============================================================================================================================

The International Date Line (IDL) is an imaginary line on the surface of the Earth, established by the International Meridian Conference of 1884, that runs from the north to the south pole and demarcates one calendar day from the next. It passes through the middle of the Pacific Ocean, roughly following the 180° longitude but it deviates to pass around some territories and island groups.

The IDL is on the opposite side of the Earth to the Prime Meridian. The Prime Meridian is used to define Universal Time and is the meridian from which all other time zones are calculated. Time zones to the east of the Prime Meridian are in advance of UTC (up to UTC+14); time zones to the west are behind UTC (to UTC-12).

The IDL and the moving point of midnight separate the two calendar days that are current somewhere on Earth. However, during a two-hour period between 10:00 and 11:59 (UTC) each day, three different calendar days are in use. This is because of daylight saving in the UTC+12 zone and the use of additional date-shifted time zones in areas east of the 180th meridian. These additional time zones result in the standard time and date in some communities being 24 or 25 hours different from the standard time and date in others.

A traveler crossing the IDL eastbound subtracts one day, or 24 hours, so that the calendar date to the west of the line is repeated after the following midnight. Crossing the IDL westbound results in 24 hours being added, advancing the calendar date by one day. The IDL is necessary to have a fixed, albeit arbitrary, boundary on the globe where the calendar date advances in the westbound direction.

2 people like this

Miss Kelley's newest boyfriend also comes from there

karl_urban_(1).jpg

8pm in NZ is

9am in South Africa

8am in EuroLand

7am in Blighty

So left coasters like me will be watching a show tonight that is actually happening tomorrow night?

the thing with that is most really interesting threads around here all the action is when im asleep or at work and i arrive just in time as the crowd leaves .....being ahead but playing catch up all the time

its worse when a new realease comes out because you have a whole extra day to suffer through only to find its been delayed because of some northen hemisphere reason :wacko::rolleyes::(

but a huge thank you to whoever gave JLM the missing pages out of their world atlas !! :wub:

The team champion rugby world and his famous "hakka":

Great!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sbWpaGLpqyg

I try not to ever miss that hakka thing when the rugby's on TV - love it so much! Now that'd be a great opener for Bruce to try :lol:

that would be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce !!!!!

Miss Kelley's newest boyfriend also comes from there

karl_urban_(1).jpg

Is that why she stopped returning my calls? :huh:

Gisborne, the first city in the world to see in the new day.

Kaiti%20Hill%20view%20of%20Gisborne_1.jp

1 person likes this

Probably so, just mention Karl Urban now and she giggles. Then she proceeds to tell you how hot he is, how he smells good and is a good hugger

Dunno why she still came home with me LOL

So happy for you Daisey and all the other Lakers going. I'll be sleeping while the show is on but I'll be having visions of Brucey in my head. Have a great time!

2 people like this

8pm in NZ is

9am in South Africa

8am in EuroLand

7am in Blighty

Do you want to know the lotto numbers?

1 person likes this

8pm in NZ is

9am in South Africa

8am in EuroLand

7am in Blighty

Do you want to know the lotto numbers?

Indeed, good plan!

1 person likes this

grab yourself some Lolly cake

IMG_3087_web.jpg

and some hokey pokey

honeycombicecream2-1.JPG

2 people like this

So happy for you Daisey and all the other Lakers going. I'll be sleeping while the show is on but I'll be having visions of Brucey in my head. Have a great time!

thank you BD

i wish you could be here too

at least unlike flying home from Canada i won't be endurring 36 hours of breakfats and the never ending day on the way home !!

i also sat beside a man of the cloth (who was very nice) but i kept thinking of those Airport movies that always had a nun on the plane....

i have written ticket on my hand ticket -the ticket is sitting beside the stereo -the other ticket is an electronic one and i have the code printed out .....

my Bruce hating other half just rang from work and his boss (not the same as our Boss ;) ) said he can start latter so i dont have to take the train and the bus to the airport at some unGodly hour tomorrow :)

then my manerger rang and said i can have all the leave i put in for :)

my supervisor had cancelled my next weeks leave when he booked it for a golf tournamnet :angry:

i think i feel all the stars in the Brucaverse linning up :)

and i think fro the first time since leaving Moncton, i think the last of my Bruce blues has been shaken off

and speaking of lotto if we get prove it with the '78 intro i owe J a lotto ticket ;)

3 people like this