http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

#2 Cozmic Kid

Cozmic Kid

• Members
  • 41,547 posts
  • Facebook:Brian.N.Frandsen
  • Springsteen fan since?:1984

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

Media fail to report that this same plane's flight apparently was cancelled yesterday for unknown reasons, so the day before the crash.

They alsofail to mention that this same plane was involved in a serious taxi accident with a chinese plane back in 2012, where ir broke off a part of one wing which was left on the chinese plane.

00016c8b5de0118eabf515.jpg

gangster_zpsf28fe1c2.jpg

SHOWS

#3 Cozmic Kid

Cozmic Kid

• Members
  • 41,547 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

Apparently several passengers passports have been stolen, hmmmm

gangster_zpsf28fe1c2.jpg

SHOWS

#4 Power13

Power13

• Members
  • 22,318 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:There was hair on my head

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

West nightmare.....and I am getting on a 777 next Saturday to HK. Ugh.....

Hopeful thoughts.

Be good, be kind, be truthful and be free.

Be Good, Hothouse Flowers

#5 JustDan

JustDan

• Members
  • 14,811 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:The time I used to have hair on my head

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

P13....The Boeing Triple 7 is one of the most sophisticated aircrafts in the sky with an overall excellent safety record. No one yet knows what happened to this jet, but apparently, as was pointed out above it was involved in other mishaps as well. Safe travels.

#6 JustDan

JustDan

• Members
  • 14,811 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:The time I used to have hair on my head

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

CNN update:

The biggest clue so far is traces of oil that a Vietnamese plane spotted while flying over the search area. The oil slicks are between 6 and 9 miles long and are suspected to be from the missing plane, the Vietnam government's official news agency reported. 

#7 Cozmic Kid

Cozmic Kid

• Members
  • 41,547 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

CNN update:

The biggest clue so far is traces of oil that a Vietnamese plane spotted while flying over the search area. The oil slicks are between 6 and 9 miles long and are suspected to be from the missing plane, the Vietnam government's official news agency reported. 

I still think the passport thing is way more interesting.

People who were listed as being on board, are alive and well in other parts of the world. Interesting.

gangster_zpsf28fe1c2.jpg

SHOWS

#8 Power13

Power13

• Members
  • 22,318 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:There was hair on my head

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

P13....The Boeing Triple 7 is one of the most sophisticated aircrafts in the sky with an overall excellent safety record. No one yet knows what happened to this jet, but apparently, as was pointed out above it was involved in other mishaps as well. Safe travels.

Oh, I know...I love flying on Triple 7's. Just don't like hearing about stuff like this so close to when I am gonna take long flights. Kinda like that 747 video of the plane going down right after takeoff. I was getting on 747 a couple days after, IIRC.

Flying doesn't bother me in the slightest....

Be good, be kind, be truthful and be free.

Be Good, Hothouse Flowers

#9 JudgeBrown

JudgeBrown

• Moderators
  • 20,329 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1978

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:39 AM

Holy man said "Hold on, brother, there's a light up ahead."

#10 Defender Man

Defender Man

• Members
  • 1,722 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:A long time coming.

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

Technology today, and they can't even find a big fuck off aeroplane full of people.

I wonder who's to blame.

#11 Defender Man

Defender Man

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Possible signs of plane debris spotted, but it's now dark, so in the morning it might be confirmed.  

#12 skyjocky

skyjocky

• Members
  • 33,687 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:BITUSA

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

Possible signs of plane debris spotted, but it's now dark, so in the morning it might be confirmed.  

REPORT: Plane Debris Spotted...

Since the New Deal, republicans have been on the wrong side of every issue of concern to ordinary Americans; Social Security, the war in Vietnam, equal rights, civil liberties, church-state separation, consumer issues, public education, reproductive freedom, national health care, labor issues, campaign-finance reform, the environment and tax fairness. No political party could remain so consistently wrong by accident. The only rational conclusion is that, despite their cynical "family values" propaganda, the republican party is a criminal conspiracy to betray the interests of the American people in favor of plutocratic and corporate interests, and absolutist religious groups.

"These are low-functioning sociopaths who defecate platitudes like "Freedom", "America", "Family", "Patriot", and "Values" with the speed and dispersal of diarrhea... they do so without thought, any genuine feeling invested or understanding of the sacrosanct concepts in question! They are the enemy of us all! They are the enemy within! They are the dry rot in the floorboards of our civilization! They are the cancer metastasizing through the body-politic! They are collectively a dangerous unknowing child with a gun now found and they will wound us terribly!" 

As long as baggers, bigots and bible thumpers control the repub party, they are doomed to go the way of the Dodo.

RFH-cropped-header.jpg

#13 Defender Man

Defender Man

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

Thanks, (still never posted a link on here yet, so I don't know how it's done)

It can't be much left hitting the sea a 500 plus miles an hour.

#14 Wasted in the heat

Wasted in the heat

• Members
  • 16,550 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:'78

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

This is really amazing.  I can't seem to get my mind around a $250M aircraft simply vanishing.  Looking at Google Earth it doesn't even appear that the Gulf of Thailand or Andaman Sea are all that deep.   Even when Air France 447 went down off of the coast of SA, the plane's transponder kept transmitting until the plane hit the water, and in that case the water was VERY deep which complicated search efforts.  

Levitation is probably the closest analogy to what I feel - whether it's Jumpin' Jack Flash or Satisfaction or All Down The Line - when I realize I've hit the right tempo and the band's behind me. It's like taking off in a Learjet. I have no sense that my feet are touching the ground. I'm elevated to this other space. People say, "Why don't you give it up?" I can't retire until I croak. I don't think they quite understand what I get out of this. I'm not doing it just for the money or for you. I'm doing it for me.

-Keef

#15 Cozmic Kid

Cozmic Kid

• Members
  • 41,547 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

Lost-Season-6-lost-10648918-1280-800.jpg

gangster_zpsf28fe1c2.jpg

SHOWS

#16 LostSoul

LostSoul

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

This is really amazing.  I can't seem to get my mind around a $250M aircraft simply vanishing.  Looking at Google Earth it doesn't even appear that the Gulf of Thailand or Andaman Sea are all that deep.   Even when Air France 447 went down off of the coast of SA, the plane's transponder kept transmitting until the plane hit the water, and in that case the water was VERY deep which complicated search efforts.  

I think they took YEARS to get to most of that wreckage from the Air France flight.

With this one, they are widening the search, and have been searching the Malacca Straight as well, shows that they really dont know what happened..

Maybe someone took control of the plane, and turned off the transponders. It could be anywhere  but I reckon we would have heard from the group unless they were all on board, or it was an individual.

#17 Welby

Welby

• Members
  • 13,933 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1974

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

Tell me again how they found that kid with the Tiger?

Slip Mahoney: I'm a victim of my own verbacity, and I don't even know what that is.

#18 SteveJhb

SteveJhb

• Members
  • 1,456 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:1987

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

I have a niece who is a cabin attendant on Emirates. She was a little freaked out by this, first serious plane crash (I assume it's crashed right?) since she started. I said to her I'd still rather spend all day in a modern jet in the sky than 5 minutes on the roads with all the numpties out therefrom a safety perspective.

"Blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed..." Bruce Springsteen, 1985

2014, the year my faith was finally rewarded...

26 January Cape Town
28 January Cape Town
1 February Johannesburg

#19 Cozmic Kid

Cozmic Kid

• Members
  • 41,547 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

Spooky??

http://www.ibtimes.c...nswered-1439560

gangster_zpsf28fe1c2.jpg

SHOWS

#20 Welby

Welby

• Members
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

That happens all the time when I lose my phone.

Slip Mahoney: I'm a victim of my own verbacity, and I don't even know what that is.

#21 Magnus

Magnus

• Members
  • 16,999 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:First heard Bruce in 89, diehard fan since around 93 or so

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

Is is actually plausible that the plane went off radar but landed somewhere (say, just off the coast of some tiny island), and these people could actually be alivesomewhere? 

It is hard to imagine anyone making a plane disappear like this and not make some statement or something.

AWWN, TWO, THREE, FAAAWWR!

#22 Welby

Welby

• Members
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

The Philadelphia Experiment!

#23 Wasted in the heat

Wasted in the heat

• Members
  • 16,550 posts
  • Springsteen fan since?:'78

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

MV5BMTQ3MTM5MTg0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjg1

Levitation is probably the closest analogy to what I feel - whether it's Jumpin' Jack Flash or Satisfaction or All Down The Line - when I realize I've hit the right tempo and the band's behind me. It's like taking off in a Learjet. I have no sense that my feet are touching the ground. I'm elevated to this other space. People say, "Why don't you give it up?" I can't retire until I croak. I don't think they quite understand what I get out of this. I'm not doing it just for the money or for you. I'm doing it for me.

-Keef

#24 Welby

Welby

• Members
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

OK...this IS getting a little creepy. Not one piece of wreckage found yet three days later? Not one? The cell phone thing? Could this plane have just flown into some wormhole and is now in another dimension...one without internet or phone service?

#25 THUE

THUE

• Members
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

No kidding it really is bizarre..it really seems like something out of the Twilght Zone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users