Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magnus

My Hershey Review (long)

6 posts in this topic

Great Review .... I would have been disappointed with the encore...i need my cheesy rock and roll to put the explanation point on the evening ....But that was a pretty solid setlist and the only time i ever heard Lost In The Flood i didn't really know the song so I have always wanted to hear it again.

Thank you Magnus, that was a great read. I'd love to be at a show that Be True and For You were played. I'd like to get a listen to this show, seems like it might be a pointer for things to come.

Thanks for the great review, Magnus. Now I feel like I was there!

Of the three shows I've seen this spring, I'd say Virginia Beach was the most fun and had moments of the most excitability, Pittsburgh had the craziest setlist, and Hershey was probably the most focused, with the band playing hard and tight and the audience hanging in there through what honestly amounted to a pretty dark ride.

The above for me typifies the three shows that I saw in Atlanta & Florida..feels like a theme / trend ....

Great read...I have only had the chance to see Bruce 7 times, twice now in Hershey. That 2008 Hershey show I preferred to this one mainly because it was my second Bruce show and hearing that encore of Thunder Road, Rosie, Tenth Avenue, Jungleland for the first time after years of waiting was very special, getting Part Man Part Monkey...it was a fun show. This was my second Hershey show (other five have been in DC). I had GA tix so was right on the rail behind the pit (my parents and friend were at the other end of that rail....got to touch Bruce...which I will forever hear about...but he did run by us twice). The crowd on the ground was very into it. Being close to the diehards in the pit is a good thing if you know all the songs. I hate being in the stands surrounded by more people sitting or awaiting the classics than diehards. I had some very knowledgeable fans around me and we all knew every word so that always makes things even more fun. Highlights were Lost in the Floor and especially For You...which I agree with sung very well by Bruce,very passionate and saw quite a few tears...and no it wasn't just the misty rain. The weather on the ground was a huge relief and it also factored into the setlist with Bruce picking Mary's Place. I also agree with you about The Rising...Bruce really loves that album...well at least a handful of songs. It felt more like a Rising show than High Hopes. I never cared for High Hopes as a song but the live version rocks. Morello really brings a lot to that song and of course Tom Joad. Another highlight was The Wall. Best song on High Hopes and like with For You...a lot of teary eyes. Bruce truly captured and quieted the audience with those two.

I think the biggest problem was the parking lot. Holy f'ing hell was that chaos. I went like I said with my parents and there friend, who needed a wheelchair so we parked near the stadium. The parking lot is so unorganized. They have a train taking people to and from cars...that's how far a walk it is and nobody was directing traffic. Pure hell but we got out and didn't let it ruin a great show.