AMIW

The OFFICIAL March 28th 2016 MSG Rescheduled Show SETLISTVISION thread

375 posts in this topic

I'm going to be there! Travelling the states from Ireland until Wednesday and got a last minute ticket. It's also my 25th birthday which makes me even more excited. I'd love to meet Bruce as he arrives/leaves the venue but know that's fairly unlikely, anyone know when or where I should try to be?

3 people like this

I will be there tonight - was so bummed when this was postponed, but I am sure they will make it up to us for the wait. :)  I can count on it not starting until at least 8, right? (work is very busy so can't leave too early)

Edit - hmm, only 1 post for me?  I know I am not a regular poster, but I also know I've made a couple over the years... 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, the-chickenman said:

Have a great show tonight everyone,

You can bet our man is looking forward to playing the fine album that is 'The River' in Madison Square Garden and finally without that pesky chicken being around.

The River at MSG with no Chickenman and no Early North Jersey .... A World Premiere of sorts :(

9 people like this

3 hours ago, andyru8165 said:

I'm going to be there! Travelling the states from Ireland until Wednesday and got a last minute ticket. It's also my 25th birthday which makes me even more excited. I'd love to meet Bruce as he arrives/leaves the venue but know that's fairly unlikely, anyone know when or where I should try to be?

They drive into the garage through the entrance on West 33rd Street between Seventh and Eighth Avenue.  Look for the bridge midblock, it is there.  They usually just smile and wave, but Bruce has been known to get out of his car here for a few minutes.  They don't drive very far and you can usually see them get out of their cars. 

2 people like this

So...is this a 'Night 2' type show?  It was originally night 1...until the snow hit. Now it's second show...2 months later. 

Will there be a little something 'extra' because of the circumstances...I'm thinking Jungleland makes an appearance....maybe The Detroit Medley...

1 person likes this

If he picks up from where he left off in Seattle, where it seems he started to loosen up a bit, could be in for a few treats.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, 4boro gal said:

I will be there tonight - was so bummed when this was postponed, but I am sure they will make it up to us for the wait. :)  I can count on it not starting until at least 8, right? (work is very busy so can't leave too early)

Edit - hmm, only 1 post for me?  I know I am not a regular poster, but I also know I've made a couple over the years... 

He is starting pretty much on time this tour, you may get a couple of minutes.  Also, some of the security lines have been a nightmare on this tour.

2 hours ago, 4boro gal said:

you know you are looking a bit "peeky" best you go home a but early

work will still be there tomorrow 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

The River at MSG with no Chickenman and no Early North Jersey .... A World Premiere of sorts :(

53 minutes ago, BillyB said:

So...is this a 'Night 2' type show?  It was originally night 1...until the snow hit. Now it's second show...2 months later. 

Will there be a little something 'extra' because of the circumstances...I'm thinking Jungleland makes an appearance....maybe The Detroit Medley...

if this happens ENJ,  we csn blame Billy 

I'd like prove it or kitty but I'm just some tragic setlist watcher who isn't even going to a show so I don't exactly count

3 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Pass the hankies. :(

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

If he picks up from where he left off in Seattle, where it seems he started to loosen up a bit, could be in for a few treats.

Swamps is right, that show in Seattle was off bubble from all of the previous shows. I have been going to these shows forever, I have never seen Bruce as happy, actually scratch happy and go straight into giddy. That's it, as Giddy as he was last Thursday night in Seattle. 

Some say he was finally getting over a cold that has been hanging on, others say Seattleites look funny so he was laughing at us... I say whatever it was that made him that happy I sincerely hope it carries over tonight... If it does prepare to be amazed! 

I feel jealousy creeping in. Have a blast tonight in the Big Apple! 

1 person likes this

A chilly 56F (13C) in New Yawk City right now - but no snow :D and no flying sharks :P so the show will go on....

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, AMIW said:

A chilly 56F (13C) in New Yawk City right now - but no snow :D and no flying sharks :P so the show will go on....

did we ever start a setlist vision for the original show before it got snowed off ?

stalker pic of Bruce arriving

CeqVpPKWEAAP3mT.jpg

4 people like this

Have the most wonderful night, everyone at the show! 

3 people like this

37 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Its very windy.  Maybe Bruce will blow the roof off the place. ;)

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Captain Puget said:

Swamps is right, that show in Seattle was off bubble from all of the previous shows. I have been going to these shows forever, I have never seen Bruce as happy, actually scratch happy and go straight into giddy. That's it, as Giddy as he was last Thursday night in Seattle. 

Some say he was finally getting over a cold that has been hanging on, others say Seattleites look funny so he was laughing at us... I say whatever it was that made him that happy I sincerely hope it carries over tonight... If it does prepare to be amazed! 

I feel jealousy creeping in. Have a blast tonight in the Big Apple! 

Im being cautious because there have been other shows where he has put some variety/debuts in post-River and the show(s) following were back to more of the same cluster of songs. We shall see. I think, considering this is a make up show it may add extra incentive. I'm also on my self imposed no setlist watching, but I just happened to peek the Seattle list and I was glad I did.

1 person likes this

On 3/27/2016 at 8:12 AM, AMIW said:

by all rights the fine citizens of San Jose should be enjoying a show from Bruce and the Band,

Aerial_downtownSJ.jpg

I want to point out one last time, if you're attending this show, you're guilty of receiving stolen property.

I'm taking my bitterness and crawling back into my hole.  I hope the show sucks.   Enjoy it anyway.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I want to point out one last time, if you're attending this show, you're guilty of receiving stolen property.

I'm taking my bitterness and crawling back into my hole.  I hope the show sucks.   Enjoy it anyway.

is San Jose not getting a date this tour ?

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

if this happens ENJ,  we csn blame Billy 

I'd like prove it or kitty but I'm just some tragic setlist watcher who isn't even going to a show so I don't exactly count

All opinions count! :D And if anyone like me reads these posts like I do, and get tunes like Prove It and or Kitty and don't see your face, or what you may look like is crazy. I got Prove It at the STL show and that is what saw, Daisey dancing.

Same goes for Detroit Medley with ENJ, Incident with Andrew and so on.  

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

is San Jose not getting a date this tour ?

NOOOOOOOOO, it's not!!  LA had 3;  NYC (and the rest the I-95 corridor ) had eleventy billion.Or 12.

SJ was thieved and absconded from. Heisted away.  Ripped off. Burgled.  Larcened, even.  Oddly, some of those words may have been made up. Whatever - the    basic premise is a crime was committed against all that is rightful in the E Street nation.

3 people like this

The Aussies are in town.

4 minutes ago, jmw said:

The Aussies are in town.

Where?...I ain't seen any Aussies yet..lol