Photo

Grateful Dead freebies

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 romasb

romasb

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:09 PM

Howdy folks,

it was twenty years ago today that the good ole Grateful Dead played six legendary nights at New York City's Madison Square Garden: 14/15/16 & 18/19/20 September 1990. They'd just lost another brother (Brent Mydland) that summer, and those shows were the first ones with two new keyboard players: Vince Welnick, of former Tubes and Todd Rundgren fame, and Bruce Hornsby at the grand piano. Over the course of these six nights, something magical happened, everything gelled and a new and very promising era in the long strange history of the Dead started. For the statistics and set list freaks: the six shows contained 100 songs (not counting jams, drums and space passages), of which only 13 were played twice. (You hear that, Bruce?!) A quarter of the run consisted of cover versions (26), eight of which were Bob Dylan songs. If anybody wants to listen to anything, let me know. Great audience recordings of all shows are available and legal to trade, so I'm giving away whatever you guys want. Pm me your address and you'll find up to 18 cds in your mailbox - might take me a couple of days though. Enjoy! B)

Cheers,
Romas
Music is the noiseless sound made by the swimmer in the ocean of consciousness.
(Henry Miller, "Tropic of Capricorn")

#2 ClubTipTop

ClubTipTop

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:40 PM

PM sent.

Thanks so much!

#3 gsquare

gsquare

• Members
  • 3,711 posts