This so tough. The only way I could do this exercise was to imagine it was like an executioners last meal and these were the last 10 songs I would hear.
Many of them I have over listened to over the years and they don't necessarily reflect the stuff I am listening to now but damn I would want to hear them as a last go around;
1) Crush with Eyeliner: REM
2) Dignity: Deacon Blue
3) Racing in the Street
4) Mississippi: Dylan (was so close to it being Shooting star)
5) The Ship Song: Nick Cave
6) Yellow Ledbetter: Pearl Jam
7) Did I ever Love you: Cohen
8) Look on down from the bridge: Mazzy Star
9) These are the days of our lives: Queen (I was a huge queen fan as a child)
10) Dont look back in anger: Oasis (I was a huge oasis fan as a teen
Many, many omissions; however which way I tried I couldn't jam in Jason Isbell, Ryan Adams, Gaslight Anthem/Brian, Patty Griffin, Lucinda Williams, Greenday, Tom waits... the list goes on and on. Man this was hard.