2016 has been a very dark year for me and loved ones. I have to say that without music as distraction/emotional compass etc I would be in a corner somewhere, no good to no one (double negative know but if Bruce can get away with it - I can)
So, the songs that have pulled me back from the brink.
1. Living proof (my son is also called Evan) the live version from East Rutherford is immense.
2. Dream baby dream, as a disillusioned teacher, this song simply and beautifully, reminds me it is worth it to battle on - regardless of the shite they throw at you.
3.My Beautiful Reward, to help me let go of my beautiful mum.
4. Outlaw Pete, as a reminder of how the past can hurt us.
5. Have mercy, the Gaslight song that haunts me still about bereavement.
6. Trapped, to reassure me that the walls will tumble and then the morning sun will break again, which takes me to the last song - My depression.
God bless us all.