Yeah I am the same way for the most part. I think Atlanta is the 2nd best recording we have now for the 78 tour with Passaic 2 still being the best. But for me this one is not too far behind. Others may feel differently but this was a very welcome surprise after the butchering of Winterland. Here is my list of the available 78 archive releases for sound quality only in my opinion...
1. Passaic 2 - The Gold Standard
2. Atlanta - Best non Clearmountain mix
3. Passaic 1 - Good overall mix with a few misses but compression hurts it
4. Winterland 1 - Sounds slightly better than the bootleg to me but compression is an issue
5. Agora - Same as Winterland
6. Roxy - Compression totally ruins this one for me. The mix is ok but I cant listen to more than a song or 2 before faitigue sets in.
7. Winterland 2 - The worst mixing and mastering job they have released since Altschiller was hired. Shame. This deserves a remix.
8. Houston - I am not a fan of mono recordings but it doesnt sound bad for what it is, but I dont listen to this at all.