Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

riverdude2

"Oh, Those Russians",

It's Russia! :P :)

Oh. those Russians [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmjdZKfumEI"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TmjdZKfumEI[/url]

Sepp Blatter quoted as saying "Newcastle Roy says England has the best league, so they don't need a World Cup".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='luckytouch' timestamp='1291304362' post='1979779']
That was quick, was it set-up waiting for the announcement?
[/quote]

Yes, since 1967.

Fook! Qatar just bought a WC. FIFA is nothing but a bunch of corrupt bastards! The U.S. had by far the best bid.... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Two wonderful innovative decisions by FIFA which should both be roundly applauded.

Mind you after the events in Birmingham last night the decision process must have been made decidedly easier.

Beckham's closing speech was an embarrasment. Not only did he bring dead relatives into it, he can't even speak English properly. That f@@@@@g Prince had to bring his wedding into it, and Cameron was so condescending it was unreal. They got what they deserved.

[quote name='dr winston oboogie' timestamp='1291305313' post='1979784']

Mind you after the events in Birmingham last night the decision process must have been made decidedly easier.
[/quote]

yeah right, a great decision to send the world cup to Russia as they have no football hooligans what so ever :unsure:

[quote name='dr winston oboogie' timestamp='1291305313' post='1979784']
Two wonderful innovative decisions by FIFA which should both be roundly applauded.

[/quote]

If by innovative you mean shitloads of oil and gas money, then yes it was innovative.

[quote name='riverdude2' timestamp='1291304251' post='1979777']
England has the best league, so they don't need a World Cup".

[/quote]

"we'll get the next one, after that :blink: "

[quote name='Mission Man in AZ' timestamp='1291305041' post='1979782']
FIFA is nothing but a bunch of corrupt bastards![/quote]

I've also heard that the Pope is Catholic and one-legged ducks swim in circles.

I've been saying for yonks this would be the outcome, gutted that I never had a wedge on it.

The biggest plain brown envelopes talk loudest.

Personally, I'd have liked to see Oz getting 2022.

When it was announced Putin wasn't going everyone said they'd thrown in the towel.
I reckon he'd been tipped the wink that they'd got it.
This is a licence for the Russian Mafia to print money, and Sepp will get his %age. :(

Fifa must be taking bribes in oil nowadays then. In all seriousness it is a joke that Russia and Quatar get the competition

Fifa are bent, as are the english FA. What goes around, comes around.

That Panorama documentary didn't help, or the thick Birmingham and villa fans fighting last night

[quote name='Sal's Grocery' timestamp='1291306305' post='1979799']
That Panorama documentary didn't help, or the thick Birmingham and villa fans fighting last night
[/quote]

The decision was made a long time before those events.
Russia was always getting it.

arrh well bang goes my dream of seeing the World Cup live. even if I could afford to travel to Russia I wouldn't go there, as I value my life, and the great football nation of Qatar is not big enough to allow more than a dozen fans from each nation in to watch it live....fuck knows how much the tickets will be :o
I guess I'll do what the Scots do every WC...watch it on the telly.

[quote name='MagicRatAFC' timestamp='1291306373' post='1979802']
[quote name='Sal's Grocery' timestamp='1291306305' post='1979799']
[/quote]

The decision was made a long time before those events.
Russia was always getting it.
[/quote]

That Jack Warner guy is as bent as they come. Fifa need total reform because at the minute the entire football world (other than the Russians and Quatarians) view them as an absolute joke. After England got conned in the last world cup they still ignored the pleas for goal line technology and now this, yet another nail in the coffin of the English game. We will struggle to qualify for 2018 and 2014 but that is an issue closer to home that needs to be addressed.

[quote name='newcastle roy' timestamp='1291306458' post='1979803']
arrh well bang goes my dream of seeing the World Cup live. even if I could afford to travel to Russia I wouldn't go there, as I value my life, and the great football nation of Qatar is not big enough to allow more than a dozen fans from each nation in to watch it live....fuck knows how much the tickets will be :o
I guess I'll do what the Scots do every WC...watch it on the telly.
[/quote]
we should hold our own min-world cup in 2018 with the scots, welsh and irish seems as none of us will be qualifying :lol:

The international game is dead. It has been dieing for years and this is another nail in it.

I can see many top players not attending Qatar due to health issues etc.

Corruption of the highest degree................

I happen to agree with magicRAT on this. Russia would be the winners, and it's been "known" ever since they made their bid.

The Russian mafia is celebrating big time now.

I can understand Qatar got it with their ideas about new stadiums etc. But I had really hoped it would go to OZ.

How many players are going to drop dead on the pitch? Or how many fans? Jeez, temps only reach about 130F there in July....

[quote name='Mission Man in AZ' timestamp='1291307398' post='1979817']
How many players are going to drop dead on the pitch? Or how many fans? Jeez, temps only reach about 130F there in July....
[/quote]

Maybe they aircon the stadiums?

They have aircon in the open air in some places down there.

Still, it's going to be hot as hell, and boring as hell I am afraid.

[quote name='Cozmic Kid' timestamp='1291308027' post='1979825']
[quote name='Mission Man in AZ' timestamp='1291307398' post='1979817']
[/quote]

Maybe they aircon the stadiums?

They have aircon in the open air in some places down there.

Still, it's going to be hot as hell, and boring as hell I am afraid.
[/quote]

Boring is correct. The tempo will be shockingly slow. Maybe this is the real life version of subbuteo?