Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoverInTheCold

Just saw John Fogerty last night...

Awesome, Awesome show at the Mankato Civic Center. The man is truly one of the most underrated blues guitarists. He surprised us all with a hardcore version of "Before you cuse' me", sounded like Bo Diddley was onstage. He played all the hits and even gave in to my fanatical shouting and played "Lodi". If you have the chance, I suggest you see him on this little mini-tour, he's playing with the enthusiasm of a ten-year old kid who just discovered Rock N'Roll. His new song, "Deja Vu (All over again) is pretty good though, but the conservatives better watch out. There's definately no question as to which side John leans towards. Anyways, i'm still on a buzz from last night and I have Clapton tickets tonight. Can life get much better? IPB Image

LITC

I saw Fogerty in New Orleans in 1998 on the Blue Moon Swamp tour. He was FOOKIN' Awesome! The band started with "Born on the Bayou" and the place went nuts! It was so cool because he was offstage and the stage was in semidarkness. Then you heard the first chords of the song and he walked on--incredible! I had chills! I went alone so I had a great seat at about row 20 from the stage. The best song of the night was "Long as I Can See the Light." The way he screamed those "YEAHS! OH YEAHS!" just blew me away. The man hadn't lost one bit of his growl and bayou soaked voice.

Thanks for the review. I'm glad that you enjoyed the show! I'll have to see if he's making his way down here. IPB Image

Awesome, Awesome show at the Mankato Civic Center. The man is truly one of the most underrated blues guitarists. He surprised us all with a hardcore version of \"Before you cuse' me\", sounded like Bo Diddley was onstage. He played all the hits and even gave in to my fanatical shouting and played \"Lodi\". If you have the chance, I suggest you see him on this little mini-tour, he's playing with the enthusiasm of a ten-year old kid who just discovered Rock N'Roll. His new song, \"Deja Vu (All over again) is pretty good though, but the conservatives better watch out. There's definately no question as to which side John leans towards. Anyways, i'm still on a buzz from last night and I have Clapton tickets tonight. Can life get much better? IPB Image

LITC

Sounds like a great weekend of shows!! I love Fogerty & Clapton. Have fun tonight. IPB Image

Hey, I have Clapton tickets tonight, too! See you at the show!

Any other Minnesota John Fogerty fans, he's playing next weekend at the State Fairgrounds along with Jonny Lang -- I'm bummed, I have to be out of town and will miss it.

SPBF

Aw, Bushy, I can't see you at a Fogerty concert. I think he's the original anti American -- long before Bruce and his friends. IPB Image

If anybody is interested in a decent book about CCR, check out Bad Moon Rising: the Unofficial History of CCR by Hank Bordowitz. It gives you some enlightening insights into the problems of this band. John certainly doesn't come off in a favorable light, but neither does Tom. It's a sad ending to a great band. It doesn't get much better than CCR.

Guest bushmanj
I'd go to a Fogerty concert in a skinny minute.

And you could buy me a beer redneck. IPB Image

Then I could splain the lyrics to you. IPB Image

1. Born On The Bayou
2. Green River
3. Suzy Q
Then he talked about the Moondance Jam show in Walker MN the night before and how it reminded him of Woodstock.
4. Blue Boy
Talked about his Grammy for BMS
5. Up Around The Bend
6. Mightnight Special -- which I distinctly heard him say 'fork'
7. Cottonfields
8. Lookin' Out My Back Door
9. Jambalaya
10. Centerfield
11. Have You Ever Seen The Rain
12. Who'll Stop The Rain
13. Lodi
After which he make the remark "I know you don't have much room to dance so just wiggle right where you are."
14. Down On The Corner
15. Blue Ridge Mountain Blues
16. Deja Vu
17. 110 In The Shade
Asked for a survey of how many in the audience own a Harley?
18. Hot Rod Heart
19. Before You Accuse Me
Intoduced band
20. Old Man Down The Road
21. Travelin Band
22. Bad Moon Risin'
Encore
23. Fortunate Son
24. Proud Mary

1. Born On The Bayou
2. Green River
3. Suzy Q
Then he talked about the Moondance Jam show in Walker MN the night before and how it reminded him of Woodstock.
4. Blue Boy
5. Up Around The Bend
7. Cottonfields
9. Jambalaya
10. Centerfield
12. Who'll Stop The Rain
13. Lodi
After which he make the remark \"I know you don't have much room to dance so just wiggle right where you are.\"
14. Down On The Corner
16. Deja Vu
17. 110 In The Shade
18. Hot Rod Heart
19. Before You Accuse Me
Intoduced band
21. Travelin Band
22. Bad Moon Risin'
Encore
23. Fortunate Son
24. Proud Mary

Thanks

Nice to see him not totally relying on past victories...

Well, then, it's too bad you didn't know me in '98! Or maybe you promised to come and didn't show like say,
Denver 2004??? IPB Image

Just listening to Have You Ever Seen The Rain now ....... brilliant, never really listened to the way he sings the chorus before......

I wanna know have you EVOOOOOOOOOOOOR seen the rain .....

Funny as heck...... love it! IPB Image

Oooooooooooo, I'll have another listen and get back to ya! IPB Image

Just listening to Have You Ever Seen The Rain now ....... brilliant, never really listened to the way he sings the chorus before......

I wanna know have you EVOOOOOOOOOOOOR seen the rain .....

Funny as heck...... love it! IPB Image

I love that high scream he does just before he sings the chorus for the final time.

Yeah!!!!!!!!! Wonderful!!!!!!!! IPB Image

1. Born On The Bayou
2. Green River
3. Suzy Q
4. Blue Boy
5. Up Around The Bend
7. Cottonfields
9. Jambalaya
10. Centerfield
12. Who'll Stop The Rain
13. Lodi
After which he make the remark \"I know you don't have much room to dance so just wiggle right where you are.\"
14. Down On The Corner
16. Deja Vu
17. 110 In The Shade
18. Hot Rod Heart
19. Before You Accuse Me
Intoduced band
21. Travelin Band
22. Bad Moon Risin'
Encore
23. Fortunate Son
24. Proud Mary

Damn that's a good set. Wish he'd get his ass down here, he's brilliant. I'm sooooo sorry I took that bad acid at Woodstock. Don't remember a thing about the CCR set.

Guest bushmanj

Well, then, it's too bad you didn't know me in '98! Or maybe you promised to come and didn't show like say,
Denver 2004??? IPB Image

I was too young to go to concerts in '98.

Denver 2004??? IPB Image

I was too young to go to concerts in '98.

Okay, then. Texasbossfan and I are going to see Fogerty on August 8 in Houston. Are you joining us? Well??? I think that a "skinny" minute has passed and I don't hear an answer??? IPB Image

Guest bushmanj
Houston is a tad bit far for me. However, I do have family there.

Guess who's going to see John Fogerty again this weekend?
LUCKY LUCKY BOY AM I!!!!!! Bless you John for doing 3 Minnesota shows!

LITC

Houston is a tad bit far for me. However, I do have family there.

I'm guessing that they'd be thrilled to see you on their doorstep in two weeks. IPB Image

Guess who's going to see John Fogerty again this weekend?
LUCKY LUCKY BOY AM I!!!!!! Bless you John for doing 3 Minnesota shows!
LITC

So how did Minnesota get so lucky? Congrats--full report again please! IPB Image