I'm with Magnus. I'm getting rather bored, honestly. Nothing of consequence seems to be developing. I don't care about Jamie and Bronn's Excellent Adventure. I don't care about I Was a Teenage Khaleesi (though I did, once). I don't care about The Canterbury Tales: King's Landing edition. I've been pretty bored of Arya's ordeal, too, and the whole rape of Sansa thing really killed my interest in what's going on in the rest of the world because nothing could be more horrible and shocking.

The Wall is literally the only place where anything of value seems to be happening, and virtually nothing is actually happening there.

The Wall is literally the only place where anything of value seems to be happening, and virtually nothing is actually happening there.

WTF are you talking about.....Sam finally got laid this week!! And after he got the schitt kicked out of him, no less!! (speaking of dumb-ass plot developments....dude's face would have been mush from that beat down...last thing he would have wanted was for Gilly to start up a little action by kissing him!)

The prospects of the Tyrion / Dany meeting is kinda enticing, however...let's face it, it is the one development most people have been waiting for and the only that holds the potential to really shake things up in Westeros.

That said, I think you just hit on the points I was making earlier, but from the other side....most of the story lines had been kinda stuck in neutral for awhile and now all of a sudden it is "Wham, bam, thank you ma'am!!"

WTF are you talking about.....Sam finally got laid this week!! And after he got the schitt kicked out of him, no less!! (speaking of dumb-ass plot developments....dude's face would have been mush from that beat down...last thing he would have wanted was for Gilly to start up a little action by kissing him!)

I cheered for that one. The sweet, innocent, fat guy deserves something nice.

The prospects of the Tyrion / Dany meeting is kinda enticing, however...let's face it, it is the one development most people have been waiting for and the only that holds the potential to really shake things up in Westeros.

I am excited about that, though her absurdly cold reception of Jorah sucked some of my enthusiasm out. After your supposedly unbeatable warriors and your political right hand are massacred by spoiled brats, wouldn't a familiar face, even a distrusted exile, be welcome?

Theon climbs into the Broken tower to place the candle, but *SURPRISE* - Ramsay is there in some sort of make-shift office.

I don't think Reek was going to the Broken Tower, P13. Neither seemed surprised to see the other, the room was well appointed and not some tumbled down corner. He's not Theon, he's still Reek and he went to his master's rooms with information just like a good Reek.

Yeah, I have heard that theory, but I'm not certain I am buying it....they clearly went to great lengths to give the impression that it was the Broken Tower he was headed to.

Dunno...I can see both sides, I guess.

Yeah, I have heard that theory, but I'm not certain I am buying it....they clearly went to great lengths to give the impression that it was the Broken Tower he was headed to.

Dunno...I can see both sides, I guess.

I think you were meant to think he might, but he didnt???

Exactly, it was misdirection. This is the Broken Tower when Bran was thrown from it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOLN08Gdo-U

That wrecked room is not where we just saw Ramsay and Reek. Maybe Reek is changing back into Theon but he didn't think Sansa's current predicament merited the risk of revealing that. He'll have one shot and perhaps felt now was not the time to use it, better to play Ramsay's loyal minion for right now. Or, he's just being a good Reek. Either way I don't think Ramsay was in the Broken Tower.

I'm with Magnus. I'm getting rather bored, honestly. Nothing of consequence seems to be developing. I don't care about Jamie and Bronn's Excellent Adventure. I don't care about I Was a Teenage Khaleesi (though I did, once). I don't care about The Canterbury Tales: King's Landing edition. I've been pretty bored of Arya's ordeal, too, and the whole rape of Sansa thing really killed my interest in what's going on in the rest of the world because nothing could be more horrible and shocking.

This is a clear sign that perhaps you are now too bored to even watch the show. :lol:

Holy hell is this series taking drastic turn down the crap tunnel....

leaving aside more perfectly timed plot developments! how is it that the wood walls of the Wildlings was able to magically keep that "killer storm" at bay? Moreover, how come the storm didn't continue to kill everyone once the walls were broken down?

And can someone explain how, with thousands of Wildlings fleeing into the water to get to the ships, that one boat was conveniently left at the docks for Jon Snow?

That was some seriously weak sauce tonight.....

That looked like a million dollars. Gotta give it to this show, the production values remain first rate.

P13, I laughed at The Lifeboat of Maximal Contrivance too but managed to fanwank it away by telling myself that guy had been waiting offshore for Jon and Wilding Leader Dude to come to the dock then came for them.

That was the episode I've been waiting for. Every plotline (that featured in the episode, anyway) experienced meaningful, interesting development.

And the fighting was just so goddamn cool, wow.

That was the episode I've been waiting for. Every plotline (that featured in the episode, anyway) experienced meaningful, interesting development.

And the fighting was just so goddamn cool, wow.

Not true....we still haven't seen Bran this season....thankfully. :P:P

Never ceases to amaze how differently people see things like this....I think it was one of the worst episodes of the series. yeah, there were developments, but they all reeked of desperation.

(see what I did there? :lol::lol: )

I'm not a big fan of the Zombie movie aspect of last night. Having Tyrion meet up with Dany means that at least now we will see him hopefully when we are seeing her. I think it's strange though that Hizdahr and that pretty boy she is banging were absent from the episode.

Nice to see Arya getting out of doors and beginning her training in earnest. Of all the storylines going on now, hers is one of the ones I am looking most forward to seeing develop next year.

I am looking forward to seeing what happens in Kings Landing - the High Sparrow is an interesting character because on the one hand he is incorruptible and is bringing some justice to Cersei. But on the other hand he represents everything that is intolerant about religion relating to homosexuality. So I'm sort of cheering for him one moment and feeling really uncomfortable about him the next.

Based on the trailer for next week, I am guessing that they will wait with until Episode 10 for Big Things this season.

Incidentally, I think that "Hardhome" sounds like a Bruce Springsteen song. Like maybe a TGOTJ outtake?

FU Stannis. I hope Davos comes back and cuts his face off. He won't, but I can dream. And the sooner Melly gets hers the better - she and her shitty god can eat it.

Also, HERE WE STAND baby, Jorah the Explorer is back.

Honestly at this point I'm Team White Walker. Jon and Sam need to hie their asses south with Gilly and the baby and everyone else in the north can be zombified. Fuck 'em, worthless and/ or horrible the lot of them.

Honestly at this point I'm Team White Walker. Jon and Sam need to hie their asses south with Gilly and the baby and everyone else in the north can be zombified. Fuck 'em, worthless and/ or horrible the lot of them.

Problem is the. White walkers aren't likely to stop in the North.

Winter is coming....for everyone.

But I think I see the threads coming together....possible spoilers below.

What do we know about how to White Walkers? Stuff made from dragons seems to work pretty damn good. Dragon glass and, based on Hardhome, Valeryian steel.

What made a big return this week?

Danny had now met Tyrion (her own David Axelrod) and reunited with Jorah. Jon has hotfooted it back to Castle Black with the bad news - Winter ain't coming anymore, it is fookin' here. King's Landing is a mess, Winterfell as well. A "true" leader is needed to unite the 7 Kingdoms, defeat the White Walkers and rule Westeros justly.

All of the above is a complete WAG. But I am thinking that at some point the nihilism of this show has to end and the "good guys"get the upper hand....'cuz burning children at the stake is pretty fooked up, even for this show.

I don't know that winter IS coming for everyone, P13 - it doesn't appear that Highgarden, Dorne, Braavos, or Mireen have ever had one. Seems like a problem the North occasionally suffers from and really, fuck them. At this point it's populated almost entirely with daughter killers, torturers, religious fanatics, psychopaths, and rank assholes. Even characters who don't seem evil, like Sansa and Brienne and the Free Folk, are useless. And, as one snarky wag over at Previously observed, the White Walkers at least provide child care.

If you go back to the early seasons of GOT, they make reference to winter having come to King's Landing, etc in the past.

And really, why would the Night's King stop at Winterfell, etc? Remember, "winter" in this series is a multi-year / multi-decade event that has not occurred for centuries, IIRC.

IMO, this is getting to what the heart of the heart of the series (book or TV) is about....most characters are playing the "Game of Thrones" while the true enemy (the White Walkers) are building in the north and no one is paying attention...until now. Heck, even go back to the first episode when Ned executes the deserter from the Night'sWatch. He claims to have see a WWWW and Ned (who would be more apt than most characters to believe) simply dismisses the idea.

And as Hardhome aptly demonstrated, no one can stop the WW and there is not enough Valeryian steel or Dragon Glass to go around...they are gonna need something "bigger".

See, this is why I don't read fantasy - it's often nonsensical in service of its plot. LOL My take was Winter is like the Little Ice Age. Places that had winters unexpectedly got extra long, extra wet winters that went on for a few decades before reverting to their normal pattern. Places that didn't have winters worth mentioning hardly noticed. The Seven Kingdoms would be like that...everything Kings Landing and north of that would be fucked by the zombie apocalypse, points south would continue munching on oranges each December and enjoying their beautiful gardens. If instead the concept is Winter comes every now and then and freezes the whole planet, or that the White Walker advance actually drags Winter along with it? That's flatly stoopit.