Greasy Lake Community

Game of Thrones

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been announced season 8 won't drop till 2019. After the serious dip in quality for the rushed season 7 are we all that bothered? 

Looking forward to HBO giving us the rumoured Spielberg produced epic of Napoleon's life  based on Stanley Kubrick's script - said to be the most epic film never made. 

Also hoping Netflix make a great job of The Witcher. 

But GoT has lost a lot of its fantasy world making interest and charm as it works through an increasingly predictable and daft plot.  

55 minutes ago, Demos said:

Just been announced season 8 won't drop till 2019. After the serious dip in quality for the rushed season 7 are we all that bothered? 

You must have been watching something else...other than the horrific episode with the ice javelin (and perhaps the somewhat questionable idea to kidnap a White and bring it to Cersei), S7 was excellent.

On 1/4/2018 at 9:30 PM, Power13 said:

You must have been watching something else...other than the horrific episode with the ice javelin (and perhaps the somewhat questionable idea to kidnap a White and bring it to Cersei), S7 was excellent.

It was rushed to the point of being ridiculous. This article from the Guardian highlighted the flaws perfectly. 

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/aug/21/game-of-thrones-the-best-show-on-tv-just-became-the-silliest

Oh, I think there were definitely elements of it being rushed....but it was also somewhat inevitable. There is no way either the books or the series could have concluded at the overall narrative pace of the books. It simply had to accelerate at some point in order to reach a conclusion. 

I'm going to say three words:

Ed Sheeran cameo.

I'm going to say three more words:

S7 E6 WTF

How about three more?

Jet pack ravens

And finally three more:

Nobody can drown.

The best that can be said for S7 is it'll be quite a feat for S8 to be more nonsensical than that.

35 minutes ago, PrettyRedRose said:

I'm going to say three words:

Ed Sheeran cameo.

I'm going to say three more words:

S7 E6 WTF

How about three more?

Jet pack ravens

And finally three more:

Nobody can drown.

The best that can be said for S7 is it'll be quite a feat for S8 to be more nonsensical than that.

LOL...no doubt on all those points.  Hell, the jet-packing overall, not just the ravens. And don’t even get me started on E6....I think we all know my feelings on that turd. :P 

23 hours ago, PrettyRedRose said:

The jet packing and wormholes are an easy fix - FFS, they managed it on SpongeBob:

latest?cb=20150328194520

:lol:

But let’s also realize that jet packing and timeline issues have been a constant in this series, both in the books and TV.  It is not something unique to S7 (although it clearly suffered more than other seasons)   In fact,  GRRM has admitted that the storylines are not all on the same timeline, I believe. 

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, JimCT said:

for fans, the prequel - Fire & Blood: 300 Years Before A Game of Thrones (A Targaryen History) (A Song of Ice and Fire)

51sw9sAJJ3L._AC_US218_.jpg

Martin just needs to stop writing prequels or other assorted Westeros tomes, stop attending FanCons and talk shows, and sequester himself beyond the Wall to finish the last 2 books in the canon before he dies.  That fucker CAN NOT be very healthy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not going to watch the trailer.  Experience has shown me that I enjoy the show more when I haven't seen any previews.

Currently watching the whole thing again - into S2 now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you see the bit on the news about the drangon lady being really sick

I.do think  its a fabulous show but i don't like violence so close to bed time and that little creepy guy (the midget) gave me the creeps so ive not watched it for yonks so ibe forgotten everyone's name 

Apoligies if this has already been discussed 

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/03/emilia-clarke-game-of-thrones-aneurysm-essay

16 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Did you see the bit on the news about the drangon lady being really sick

I.do think  its a fabulous show but i don't like violence so close to bed time and that little dwarf guy gave me the creeps so ive not watched it for yonks so ibe forgotten everyone's name 

Apoligies if this has already been discussed 

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/03/emilia-clarke-game-of-thrones-aneurysm-essay

It's not PC to say "little dwarf guy".  I'm pretty sure they prefer "midget".

2 hours ago, Flea said:

It's not PC to say "little dwarf guy".  I'm pretty sure they prefer "midget".

Its probaly not pc to say i dont like him either 

But ill keep this in mind 

Archived