Greasy Lake Community

Game of Thrones

8 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Its probaly not pc to say i dont like him either 

But ill keep this in mind 

But he's from Jersey and knew Bruce. And he's a brilliant actor.

Peter Dinklage grew up in suburban New Jersey, where his family was neighbors with Bruce Springsteen’s then manager. Peter Dinklage told Playboy magazine that he used to see Bruce Springsteen a lot when he as a kid, and that the Boss even came to his house a few times when he was a youngster.“Bruce used to come over to our house and hang out and play guitar,” Dinklage has said. “This was when I was very young, so I don’t remember a lot of it. My mom and dad went to a wedding at a surfboard factory, and Bruce was in the wedding band. He was about 17-years-old at the time. My mom didn’t think he was that great. She told me he was too loud.” This seems hilarious in retrospect, but makes for one heck of a story. Perhaps Bruce Springsteen helped to inspire Peter Dinklage’s brother, Jonathan, to become a professional musician.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I knew someone was going to get you on the midget guy.:)

I didn't even know dwarf was not PC :lol:

Now creepy little gut maybe ...

Well he's earned a shit load of money from it principally because of it

If there's one show I'll never understand why so many love it so much, it's this one.

I was asked to write a little something about it and while doing it I realised that for all the effort they put into juggling 58 different storylines, almost all (if not all, but maybe the Dragon lady has some idiosyncrasies that make her more interesting) of their characters are one big cliché. The show gets a lot of praise for its writing but I really can't see it. 

7 minutes ago, Tom-Joad said:

If there's one show I'll never understand why so many love it so much, it's this one.

I was asked to write a little something about it and while doing it I realised that for all the effort they put into juggling 58 different storylines, almost all (if not all, but maybe the Dragon lady has some idiosyncrasies that make her more interesting) of their characters are one big cliché. The show gets a lot of praise for its writing but I really can't see it. 

Me neither

I got sick of characters being killed off and there is alot of violence towards woman that's all pretty awful 

44 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I got sick of characters being killed off and there is alot of violence towards woman that's all pretty awful 

Oh, yeah?

Not one woman on that show had her penis chopped off.

When we left off I was pretty bored or annoyed with everyone and everything on the show.  The only really interesting outcome would be if everyone dies so I'm still Team White Walker at the moment.

I will say I'm looking forward to the weekly autopsy here.  There are few opportunities in a streaming age to engage in a collective experience with TV.  I think the last one was Breaking Bad - that was an epic thread.  lol  And this one has been pretty damn good too.

That was pretty good!  The Aladdin Whole New World vibe of the dragon ride made me roll my eyes a bit but otherwise nothing made me furious, just kinda annoyed the plot didn’t really go anywhere. 

Miss the old credits but the new one is nice too. 

12 hours ago, PrettyRedRose said:

That was pretty good!  The Aladdin Whole New World vibe of the dragon ride made me roll my eyes a bit but otherwise nothing made me furious, just kinda annoyed the plot didn’t really go anywhere. 

Miss the old credits but the new one is nice too. 

I saw one quote of Emilia Clarke describing the episode: "Meet the Parents" :D  

And it didn’t go well for her, did it?  The parents are already pissed Jon conceded to her claim and is no longer the king they selected. When they find out he’s fucking her, that her dragons have apparently been eating the villagers and their livestock, that one of her kids is on the other side now, that she cooked a couple Tarlys, and that Jon’s claim to the Iron Throne is as strong or stronger than hers?  Some uncomfortable Thanksgiving dinners ahead...

4 hours ago, PrettyRedRose said:

And it didn’t go well for her, did it?  The parents are already pissed Jon conceded to her claim and is no longer the king they selected. When they find out he’s fucking her, that her dragons have apparently been eating the villagers and their livestock, that one of her kids is on the other side now, that she cooked a couple Tarlys, and that Jon’s claim to the Iron Throne is as strong or stronger than hers?  Some uncomfortable Thanksgiving dinners ahead...

Well, when you phrase it THAT way, it sounds like a complete clusterfuck.

6 hours ago, PrettyRedRose said:

You forgot the accidentally banging her nephew part ;) 

There's not a whole lotta daylight between fathering your son-ephew and fathering your cou-son IMO (and we agree Dany is knocked up right?  The anvil last season about how she can't have any more kids was Wile E. Coyote size).

Oh and no one will want to watch the show with my DH and I. I asked when the zombie ice dragon was blasting the wall what the metabolic process was there. Like I get short bursts of flame but two minute flame thrower just doesn’t add up for me. And he asked if a zombie ice dragon wouldn’t actually be ADDING to the wall. 

:P

On 4/16/2019 at 7:42 PM, Jerseyfornia said:

Where did they get those massive chains to even pull the dragon up from the lake in the first place?

Same place the Iron Islands gets the wood for all those boats.

Archived