Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eddy Wehbe

Scans I'm looking for

Anybody here has a copy of the Greek "Brilliant Disguise / Lucky Man / 4th Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)" 12-inch?

Anybody here has a copy of the Greek "Brilliant Disguise / Lucky Man / 4th Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)" 12-inch?

I got a copy but just in good condition.

Domingo

Domingo

Man, you have everything!

What is the catalogue number? Are both the disc and the sleeve pressed in Greece? Could you post a photo of the front sleeve?

Domingo

What is the catalogue number? Are both the disc and the sleeve pressed in Greece? Could you post a photo of the front sleeve?

LOL.

The catalog number it's the same, 651141 6, and both the sleeve and disc are manufactured in Greece. I've take some photos but without day light are not clear enough. I'll try to take them on weekend.

Anyway I did some scans of the greek wording on back cover and the disc itself.

It also exist a poster edition; the difference is that it have and sticker on the cover written in greek. I suppose it wil be something like "Include free poster".

Domingo

post-25994-0-86343900-1319607171_thumb.j

post-25994-0-06623400-1319607189_thumb.j

post-25994-0-29175200-1319607195_thumb.j

post-25994-0-48070000-1319607197_thumb.j

I didn't know that there was a "standard" version (without poster) of that 12" released in Greece as well. Interesting info!

Domingo

LOL.

The catalog number it's the same, 651141 6, and both the sleeve and disc are manufactured in Greece. I've take some photos but without day light are not clear enough. I'll try to take them on weekend.

Anyway I did some scans of the greek wording on back cover and the disc itself.

It also exist a poster edition; the difference is that it have and sticker on the cover written in greek. I suppose it wil be something like "Include free poster".

Domingo

Thank you Domingo. Does the front sleeve look exactly like the Dutch issue (pink title, cat# bottom right... but no "includes free poster")?

And since we're on the subject, Killing Floor mentions two UK releases: a 3-track version with poster and a 2-track version in a gatefold sleeve (!!!), both with cat# CBS 651141 6. I myself am only aware of a 2-track UK pressing that includes a poster (inverted and smaller in size) and bares cat# CBS 651141 6. Anyone seen that gatefold or that 3-track version?

And since we're on the subject, Killing Floor mentions two UK releases: a 3-track version with poster and a 2-track version in a gatefold sleeve (!!!), both with cat# CBS 651141 6. I myself am only aware of a 2-track UK pressing that includes a poster (inverted and smaller in size) and bares cat# CBS 651141 6. Anyone seen that gatefold or that 3-track version?

I don't think such variants actually exist - especially the gatefold version.

Yes, that's what I thought.

Someday someone should create a definitive 12-inch discography. It's not that hard.

Finally I took the photos.

The only difference is the two versions is the sticker (and the poster os course!).

The disc itself is the same (took a ohoto of side1).

Domingo

post-25994-0-34287000-1319965921_thumb.j

post-25994-0-71390000-1319965970_thumb.j

post-25994-0-60547200-1319966005_thumb.j

post-25994-0-50923100-1319966039_thumb.j

post-25994-0-80248900-1319966088_thumb.j

post-25994-0-88575400-1319966123_thumb.j

Finally I took the photos.

The only difference is the two versions is the sticker (and the poster os course!).

The disc itself is the same (took a ohoto of side1).

Domingo

Thank you Domingo. Now things are much clearer.

The Hollies' version of 4TH OF JULY, ASBURY PARK (SANDY) is included on several Bruce Springsteen tribute albums, including Cover Me, Songs From The Boss, and If I Were The Boss: The Songs Of Bruce Springsteen.

In the booklet's liner note of one of these three album, somewhere it is mentioned that The Hollies were originally going to record BLINDED BY THE LIGHT, but the record company did not agree. Allan Clarke (from The Hollies) told his neighbor, who happened to be none other than Manfred Mann.

Anyways, if you have the tribute album that contains these notes, I would love to have a scan of that particular page of the booklet.

The Hollies' version of 4TH OF JULY, ASBURY PARK (SANDY) is included on several Bruce Springsteen tribute albums, including Cover Me, Songs From The Boss, and If I Were The Boss: The Songs Of Bruce Springsteen.

In the booklet's liner note of one of these three album, somewhere it is mentioned that The Hollies were originally going to record BLINDED BY THE LIGHT, but the record company did not agree. Allan Clarke (from The Hollies) told his neighbor, who happened to be none other than Manfred Mann.

Anyways, if you have the tribute album that contains these notes, I would love to have a scan of that particular page of the booklet.

I got what I was looking for. Thanks Eden.

I am looking for scans for the below 7-inch singles which were released in conjunction with the One Step Up / Two Steps Back: The Songs Of Bruce Springsteen tribute album.

"Atlantic City" [Kurt Neumann] / "Fade Away" [Woolridge Brothers]

(The Right Stuff) S7-724381 970072 - USA, 1997

"Downbound Train" [The Smithereens] / "My Beautiful Reward" [bumpin' Uglies]

(The Right Stuff) S7-724381 970171 - USA, 1997

"4th Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)" [ben E. King] / "Janey, Don't You Lose Heart" [Mrs. Fun/Tina & The B-side Movement]

(The Right Stuff) S7-724381 972878 - USA, 1997 (I most importantly need this one)

"All Or Nothin' At All" [Marshall Crenshaw] / "Don't Look Back" [The Knack]

(The Right Stuff) S7-724381 972977 - USA, 1997

"Johnny 99" [John Hiatt] / "I Wish I Were Blind" [The Yell Leaders]

(The Right Stuff) S7-724381 985670 - USA, 1998

"Human Touch" [Joe Cocker] / "One Step Up" [Paul Cebar]

(The Right Stuff) S7 724381 985779 - USA, 1998

Eddy,

I've got the first 3 in your list - 'Atlantic City', 'Downbound Train' and 'Sandy'. I'll send label scans later.

Thank you Mike. Much appreciated. I should get me some (or all) of these one day.

Yes, that's what I thought.

Someday someone should create a definitive 12-inch discography. It's not that hard.

They are probably confusing it with the 7" which came with a g/f sleeve variant. Maybe :blink:

I am looking for scans for the below 7-inch singles which were released in conjunction with the One Step Up / Two Steps Back: The Songs Of Bruce Springsteen tribute album.

"4th Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)" [ben E. King] / "Janey, Don't You Lose Heart" [Mrs. Fun/Tina & The B-side Movement]

(The Right Stuff) S7-724381 972878 - USA, 1997 (I most importantly need this one)

Thank you Mike for the first three. I still need the remaining 3.

I've got those. I'll do them for you this week.

I actually have a spare set of the above 6 singles to trade if anyone is interested.

I actually have a spare set of the above 6 singles to trade if anyone is interested.

I don't have much to trade, except maybe some Japanese 7-inch singles. Would you sell? That would save you the scanning ;)

PM sent.

...'cause tramps like us keep on rockin' . . . Jyrki

I don't have much to trade, except maybe some Japanese 7-inch singles. Would you sell? That would save you the scanning ;)

Sorry Eddie, I got Jyrki's pm before I saw your reply but tbh I'd rather trade for cover versions than Bruce or even cash. Scans will be done tomorrow if I can find time. PM me your email addy.

If you are needing any other scans for cover versions let me know.

Sorry Eddie, I got Jyrki's pm before I saw your reply but tbh I'd rather trade for cover versions than Bruce or even cash. Scans will be done tomorrow if I can find time. PM me your email addy.

I would've done the same if I had to choose between selling and trading ;)

Scans sent.

Scans sent.

Received the scans. Tank you Jon.

Are these promos?

Scans sent.

Received the scans. Tank you Jon.

Are these promos?

Yes, made for jukeboxes I believe rather than radio stations.

There is also a 10 track CD promo from the album thatcame in a whitecard sleeve with a B&W info sticker