Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eddy Wehbe

Scans I'm looking for

Sorry Eddie, I got Jyrki's pm before I saw your reply but tbh I'd rather trade for cover versions than Bruce or even cash. Scans will be done tomorrow if I can find time. PM me your email addy.

If you are needing any other scans for cover versions let me know.

I would've done the same if I had to choose between selling and trading ;)

Scans sent.

Received the scans. Tank you Jon.

Are these promos?

Yes, made for jukeboxes I believe rather than radio stations.

There is also a 10 track CD promo from the album thatcame in a whitecard sleeve with a B&W info sticker

But "for jukeboxe use" does not necessarily mean "promo". How were these distributed?

Sorry Eddie, I got Jyrki's pm before I saw your reply but tbh I'd rather trade for cover versions than Bruce or even cash. Scans will be done tomorrow if I can find time. PM me your email addy.

Scans sent.

Are these promos?

There is also a 10 track CD promo from the album thatcame in a whitecard sleeve with a B&W info sticker

But "for jukeboxe use" does not necessarily mean "promo". How were these distributed?

Distributed? God knows but I suspect they were sent out as a set. The "Right Stuff" label was some sort of EMI reissue label for mainly soul type stuff. They don't appear to have a website. Perhaps they were just a gimmick and sent out to certain pub/bar chains?

Scans sent.

Are these promos?

Distributed? God knows but I suspect they were sent out as a set. The "Right Stuff" label was some sort of EMI reissue label for mainly soul type stuff. They don't appear to have a website. Perhaps they were just a gimmick and sent out to certain pub/bar chains?

Makes most sense. Thank you Jon.

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between these two?

cda_best_of_rr_hof_and_museum_digi.jpg613G0Bm44EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Rock-Roll-Hall-Museum/dp/B005LRWT9M/ref=pd_sim_m_2

And does anyone here have it? If possible, I would like to have scans of the booklet (the credits parts). I need them for some work on Brucebase and on my website.

Actually i don't have a scanner.

The two cds are the same thing

Thank you Ale.... so it turned out to be a slipcase after all.

Can you please confirm, from the credits, that Springsteen is present on all the below tracks? Is he credited guitar only, vocals only, or guitar and vocals?

Johnny B. Goode

I Saw Her Standing There

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

In The Midnight Hour

Let It Be

Green River

Who'll Stop The Rain

Born On The Bayou

Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

The Promised Land

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Is he credited on any other track that I didn't mention?

And last, could you please confirm the catalogue number?

Can you please confirm, from the credits, that Springsteen is present on all the below tracks? Is he credited guitar only, vocals only, or guitar and vocals?

Johnny B. Goode ok and E Street Band

I Saw Her Standing There ok and Rock Hall Jam Band

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction ok and Rock Hall Jam Band

In The Midnight Hour ok and ESB

Let It Be is Paul McCartney and The RHJB on credits, but Bruce is on guitar

Green River is John Fogerty and Friends on credits, but Bruce is on guitar

Who'll Stop The Rain idem

Born On The Bayou idem

Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out BS and ESB

The Promised Land idem

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For U2 with BS

Is he credited on any other track that I didn't mention? No on cd booklet

And last, could you please confirm the catalogue number? TIMELIFE 26397-D

It seems that credits are not very detailed on this release. Anyways, thank you very much Ale.

I don't need scans this time, but I would like to confirm something. Has someone here bought The 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Concerts, all three audio versions? That is the 4-CD set for both nights, the 2-CD set for the first night, and the 2-CD set for the second night.

61rKdtDS2zL._SL500_SS100_.jpg41cHSYcS%2BOL._SL500_SS100_.jpg41DmppCnPGL._SL500_SS100_.jpg

If so, could you please confirm that:

- the first two discs from the 4-CD set have 5 tracks not available on the 2-CD set for the first night

- the last two discs from the 4-CD set have exactly the same tracks as on the 2-CD set for the second night

Perhaps someone here can confirm some information for me in relation to the early 80's Gary US Bonds albums 'DEDICATION' and 'ON THE LINE'.

These two albums were re-released briefly in the early 1990's by US-based label 'Razor & Tie Records'. They were both straight re-releases (no bonus tracks). DEDICATION (Razor & Tie, RE-1986) and ON THE LINE (Razor & Tie, RE-1988).

I've never seen these two reissues to examine them but I've heard that both of them included album liner-sessionography notes written by none other than Gary US Bonds himself - these liner notes were not present on the original releases.

If anyone has these liner notes and can scan/transcribe them here - I'd appreciate it. If that's not possible then I'm looking for verification that in the ON THE LINE liner notes on the re-issue version Gary US Bonds mentions that he recorded three other Springsteen songs ("Lion's Den", "Savin Up" and "Action In The Street") at the 'ON THE LINE' sessions that were ultimately left off the album). Need confirmation that Bonds actually says this.

Can anyone help?

Perhaps someone here can confirm some information for me in relation to the early 80's Gary US Bonds albums 'DEDICATION' and 'ON THE LINE'.

These two albums were re-released briefly in the early 1990's by US-based label 'Razor & Tie Records'. They were both straight re-releases (no bonus tracks). DEDICATION (Razor & Tie, RE-1986) and ON THE LINE (Razor & Tie, RE-1988).

I've never seen these two reissues to examine them but I've heard that both of them included album liner-sessionography notes written by none other than Gary US Bonds himself - these liner notes were not present on the original releases.

If anyone has these liner notes and can scan/transcribe them here - I'd appreciate it. If that's not possible then I'm looking for verification that in the ON THE LINE liner notes on the re-issue version Gary US Bonds mentions that he recorded three other Springsteen songs ("Lion's Den", "Savin Up" and "Action In The Street") at the 'ON THE LINE' sessions that were ultimately left off the album). Need confirmation that Bonds actually says this.

Can anyone help?

Hi.

Gary does indeed mention recording three extra tracks in the ON THE LINE liner notes but only reveals "Action In The Street" by name.

Here are two quick pics. If you need the complete artworks (6 pages each) I can scan them for you.

us_bonds_ontheline.jpg

us_bonds_dedication.jpg

Cheers,

Polifka

I know that Springsteen shared vocals on JOLE BLON, but did he;

- Play guitar on "Jole Blon", "This Little Girl", "Your Love", and "Dedication"?

- Provide background vocals on "This Little Girl", "Your Love", and "Dedication"?

I don't need scans this time, but I would like to confirm something. Has someone here bought The 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Concerts, all three audio versions? That is the 4-CD set for both nights, the 2-CD set for the first night, and the 2-CD set for the second night.

61rKdtDS2zL._SL500_SS100_.jpg41cHSYcS%2BOL._SL500_SS100_.jpg41DmppCnPGL._SL500_SS100_.jpg

If so, could you please confirm that:

- the first two discs from the 4-CD set have 5 tracks not available on the 2-CD set for the first night

- the last two discs from the 4-CD set have exactly the same tracks as on the 2-CD set for the second night

I just received the 4 CD version (thanks poshboss) and the bonus tracks according to the booklet on

the first two discs are :

Mexico : Crosby, Stills & Nash with James Taylor

Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard : Paul Simon

Mrs. Robinson / Not Fade Away : Simon & Garfunkel

Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours : Stevie Wonder

Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology) : Stevie Wonder with John Legend

London Calling : Bruce with Tom Morello

So actually there's 6 bonus tracks.

...'cause tramps like us keep on rockin' . . . Jyrki

Thank you Jyrki. There were mistakes on the Amazon.com track lists, which caused confusion, but it seems that they now have made corrections.

Italian magazine Il Rock, issue $73, not only came with the Darkness On The Edge Of Town LP, but some copies also came with a cassette version of the album. Can someone please post a scan of the cassette tape? And how many pages is the magazine?

Ale, maybe you can help here.

Italian magazine Il Rock, issue $73, not only came with the Darkness On The Edge Of Town LP, but some copies also came with a cassette version of the album. Can someone please post a scan of the cassette tape? And how many pages is the magazine?

I'm confused. Don't you own the cassette version (still sealed with the magazine) yourself, Eddy?

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that the magazine is exactly the same as for the LP version - 17 pages in total.

I'm confused. Don't you own the cassette version (still sealed with the magazine) yourself, Eddy?

You said it, "sealed" ;)

And the cassette itself is also sealed in a blister pack.

But if someone here has a non-sealed copy, then I don't mind scans and info for record purposes. I also searched the web, but couldn't find any scan or photo of that release to use it as thumbnail on my website.

here's my copy:

6309_01_tn.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that the magazine is exactly the same as for the LP version - 17 pages in total.

17? Shouldn't it be 16? or 20, 24, 28...

You said it, "sealed" ;)

But if someone here has a non-sealed copy, then I don't mind scans and info for record purposes. I also searched the web, but couldn't find any scan or photo of that release to use it as thumbnail on my website.

here's my copy:

6309_01_tn.jpg

(click to enlarge)

All of this makes perfect sense of course. :D

You said it, "sealed" ;)

here's my copy:

6309_01_tn.jpg

(click to enlarge)

All of this makes perfect sense of course. :D

...and of course I want to conform with entries like this on my website.

And you know how much information we discover by looking at tiny details. What was discussed on the High On The Shelf thread today is a perfect example.

I'm not near my collection right now, but I'll check my own copy of the "Il Rock" mag ASAP. Maybe, as you wrote, Ale can help out in the meantime.

Regarding the "High Up On The Shelf" thread: While I sincerely admire your constant striving for details and accuracy, I'm not going to participate in discussions about "small black rectangles at the six o'clock label position". Sorry, but I just can't. Not anymore. ;)