The Official Newcastle United Thread

37 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

That was a tough game for me.  OTOH... Spurs.  OTOH part of me wants to see Bruce fall on his ass if for no other reason to embarrass Ashley.  Newcastle had a sensible game plan today that was both obvious and shouldn't have been enough but Spurs played like they were drugged.  I wouldn't worry about the non-call - there was a couple of odd moments out there and I think they more or less evened out.  

It was an oddly entertaining game though.  Loved the Newcastle goal but assumed at the very least Spurs would get the equalizer but then time dragged on and I started thinking "they could do this" and then it got tense.  Finally looked at the clock and realized baring a miracle Newcastle was going to get a point and then it was all smiles as I saw out the last ten minutes or so.  

It was a very odd game for me as well as i honestly wasn't bothered , ashley has drained me of my love for all things NUFC, i hate steve bruce because he is nowt more than ashleys puppet.  But as we were winning and playing well my heart kicked in and wanted us to hang on to a win.

Normally NUFC concede  a late goal to fuck it but, i felt joy when we won but then back down to earth as like so many times under ashley reality set in..meh !! 4th bottom is his target...the fucking fat greedy cockney twat has fucked this club.

• Like 1

Alan Shearer blames Michael Owen for Newcastle's Premier League relegation back in 2009, according to former team-mate Michael Bridges.

Owen's new autobiography, Reboot - My Life, My Time, has lifted the lid on a 10-year spat between the pair since their time together at St James' Park.

In the book, former Liverpool and England forward Owen describes joining Newcastle from Real Madrid in 2005 to partner Shearer up front as a 'downward step'

Bridges, who played with both during his career, believes Owen has not only "disrespected the club massively" but also claims Shearer, who was interim manager at the time of their 2009 relegation, blames Owen's attitude and lack of effort for the club's demise.

When Alan (Shearer) got the job, he kind of held Michael Owen accountable for part of the relegation," Bridges told Optus Sports.

"And that also comes from a guy called Paul Ferris, who was the physio at the time.

"He said for a man that has played only 58 Premier League games for Newcastle - scored 26 goals, taken $22m in wages out of the club - to say he didn't want to be there, didn't enjoy it ... I think he's disrespected the club massively.

"Ferris said in the last six months of Owen's contract they couldn't even get him to play in games because he was more worried about the next deal that was coming.

So, his heart wasn't in it and Alan has never spoken about it but he holds him accountable.

"And now it's going to be coming out in the book and he's really upset a lot of Newcastle fans."

9 hours ago, DarknessandHope said:

Alan Shearer blames Michael Owen for Newcastle's Premier League relegation back in 2009, according to former team-mate Michael Bridges.

Owen's new autobiography, Reboot - My Life, My Time, has lifted the lid on a 10-year spat between the pair since their time together at St James' Park.

In the book, former Liverpool and England forward Owen describes joining Newcastle from Real Madrid in 2005 to partner Shearer up front as a 'downward step'

Bridges, who played with both during his career, believes Owen has not only "disrespected the club massively" but also claims Shearer, who was interim manager at the time of their 2009 relegation, blames Owen's attitude and lack of effort for the club's demise.

When Alan (Shearer) got the job, he kind of held Michael Owen accountable for part of the relegation," Bridges told Optus Sports.

"And that also comes from a guy called Paul Ferris, who was the physio at the time.

"He said for a man that has played only 58 Premier League games for Newcastle - scored 26 goals, taken $22m in wages out of the club - to say he didn't want to be there, didn't enjoy it ... I think he's disrespected the club massively.

"Ferris said in the last six months of Owen's contract they couldn't even get him to play in games because he was more worried about the next deal that was coming.

So, his heart wasn't in it and Alan has never spoken about it but he holds him accountable.

"And now it's going to be coming out in the book and he's really upset a lot of Newcastle fans."

Ex Newcastle player Mo Diame sums up my feelings about Owen

Mohamed-Diame-987x987.png

The Milburn stand in the second half in the rubbish match today v Brighton

this is the ashley effect, the more fans stay away the faster the parasite goes

YH9PSMOl.jpg

6 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

The Milburn stand in the second half in the rubbish match today v Brighton

this is the ashley effect, the more fans stay away the faster the parasite goes

YH9PSMOl.jpg

I clocked on TV earlier a bunch of empty seats.

Thing is, I think I'm right in saying, the days of gate receipts etc. amounting to anything significant in terms of revenue are gone.

The optics are bad but as long as Ashley isn't hit in his pocket, nowt will change as far as I can see 

I've no idea what Ashley's end game is, but it'll only change if the bottom line is hit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I clocked on TV earlier a bunch of empty seats.

Thing is, I think I'm right in saying, the days of gate receipts etc. amounting to anything significant in terms of revenue are gone.

The optics are bad but as long as Ashley isn't hit in his pocket, nowt will change as far as I can see 

I've no idea what Ashley's end game is, but it'll only change if the bottom line is hit.

yup, we need to go down and stay down

The publicity of an empty stadium with empty seats next to his sports direct adds will hurt him more than the gate receipts

his press mates concentrated on the local hero Carroll coming home, most fans fell for it and it made the headlines rather than the empty seats, that won't last long especially when he gets injured again

Lump on Newcastle United to go down this season

Congratulations Roy, a well deserved win. Without taking anything away from Newcastle, we are just a team shot of all confidence and quality at the moment. Supporters like you deserve days like today. 

On 9/21/2019 at 6:05 PM, newcastle roy said:

yup, we need to go down and stay down

The publicity of an empty stadium with empty seats next to his sports direct adds will hurt him more than the gate receipts

his press mates concentrated on the local hero Carroll coming home, most fans fell for it and it made the headlines rather than the empty seats, that won't last long especially when he gets injured again

Lump on Newcastle United to go down this season

I'm pretty sure Everton aren't as bad as they look right now and will sail home comfortably when all is said and done.  I expect Watford is done for and Norwich City is looking pretty shaky.  So that leaves one spot; can Aston Villa and Southhampton improve enough to get clear?  Of the two FWIW my gut tells me Southampton have the best shot.  

Tell you what though; these three points may loom large as I'm guessing they were unexpected.  And credit to the players today; they played about as well as I think they can play and they played with determination.  

Wey man!

That's brought a smile to the North East … well, the black and white bit anyway. Well done, lads.

• Like 1

NEWCASTLE UNITED TOP OF THE LEAGUE...

not very often i can say that

Pubs near English football clubs – Research shows one has over 3 times more than any of the other 91!   

Essential research has been undertaken to find out which English football club has the most pubs on their doorstep.

The research by Pubs Galore found that one club has more than three times as many pubs within a half mile radius, than any other English football club.

In joint second place with 32 pubs each within half a mile, are Wolves and Newport.

However, standing proud in top spot is…Newcastle United.

Yes, there are a massive 108 pubs within half a mile of St James Park.

Any regular NUFC away traveller often faces two problems.

Not only how few pubs you can find near away grounds BUT also how unfriendly they are in many cases, banning away fans.

It is little wonder why Newcastle is such a stand out place for away fans wanting to visit.

The English football clubs with most pubs within a half mile radius:

108 Newcastle United

32 Newport County

32 Wolverhampton Wanderers

29 Ipswich Town

26 Blackpool

22 Chelsea

21 Arsenal

20 Mansfield Town

19 Sheffield United

18 Everton

17 Brentford

17 Burnley

17 Norwich City

16 Port Vale

16 Queens Park Rangers

15 Exeter City

15 Liverpool

14 Nottingham Forest

14 Swansea City

13 Bristol City

13 Crewe Alexandra

If it was extended to a mile radius, then Sheffield United’s proximity to its city centre boosts its numbers to 134.

However, that is still well behind Newcastle United with 174 pubs within a mile.

• Like 5

I'm just thinking back to my previous Toon visits, I guess the Bigg Market is within half a mile?

I recall having myself a wee pub crawl up the hill to the park in 85 and I certainly remember options aplenty before ending up in The Strawberry.

1 hour ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I'm just thinking back to my previous Toon visits, I guess the Bigg Market is within half a mile?

I recall having myself a wee pub crawl up the hill to the park in 85 and I certainly remember options aplenty before ending up in The Strawberry.

Soon your only chance of a pint on match day will be at the fan zone in the ground, with all money going to AFC.

8 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Soon your only chance of a pint on match day will be at the fan zone in the ground, with all money going to AFC.

Don't.........

I think we'll be looking at pre match beers in the Butcher's Arms before rolling into the Milne Dome at quarter to three.

1 hour ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Don't.........

I think we'll be looking at pre match beers in the Butcher's Arms before rolling into the Milne Dome at quarter to three.

Milne supposed to be on his way out with Cormack taking over soon.

35 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Milne supposed to be on his way out with Cormack taking over soon.

Aye, that rumour's doing the rounds.

Nae going to save the Pitt though.......