The Official Newcastle United Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rafa gone, I'm gutted. Best manager we've had for yonks and the fat cockney bastard in charge has forced him out. 

I was never away Andrew, i just didn't have the heart to post on this happy site when i was so sad. I did read all about you seeing that Bruce fella, i loved it mate. Newcastle are indeed st

NEWCASTLE UNITED TOP OF THE LEAGUE... not very often i can say that   Pubs near English football clubs – Research shows one has over 3 times more than any of the other 91!    Essen

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

Rough being a Newcastle fan... you cant even celebrate a goal w/o your team hitting you right in the junk.

:lol:

23 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

A very poor wind up attempt, I'd expect better from you, your standards are slipping.  

Not a wind up Roy, just a dose of reality, now answer me this truthfully, would you rather :-

a) be managed by Mr A N Other in the championship

or

b) be managed by Mr Steve Bruce in TGLITW*

On 1/22/2020 at 5:39 AM, dr winston oboogie said:

Super Steve does it again.

Your poor wind ups are getting worse.

Read this..

Journalist finally breaks ranks to give truth on what’s actually happening at Newcastle United

It is not often anybody breaks ranks in the media when it comes to writing/talking about Newcastle United.

It is very much a case of usually talking with one voice.

That one voice is usually towing the party line, simply lazily repeating the club’s PR message time after time.

The only exception is when things get really really bad, when a line is crossed that even the NUFC journalists can’t ignore.

Amusingly, even then they tend to move as one mass, a point reached where they pretty much all agree to swing the other way and call out the latest shambles that Newcastle fans have already been pointing at repeatedly for days, weeks, months, or even years at times.

Which brings us to now.

This season has been bizarre for Newcastle United.

The story the NUFC journalists are reporting, is basically, Newcastle United now have 30 points which is six more than this point last season (under Rafa…), yes it is a little strange how a lot of these points have come about but points is what it is all about etc etc…and this is proof that things are alright at the club. Yes a little unorthodox what is happening in matches but the results/points prove Steve Bruce is doing well and by association, the club are doing ok.

Anybody who suggests scratching below the surface is instantly slaughtered by the media, especially the local newspapers. Reminded yet again about the points total, told that you need to forget about Rafa Benitez (even when you haven’t mentioned him) and if you point out that there is still zero investment in the infrastructure, no new training complex (promised by Mike Ashley seven years ago now…), no proper investment and overhaul of the Academy, Ashley still selling what he can to make extra personal profit (such as selling the land at Gallowgate for development of offices/hotels etc that will prevent any future increase of St James Park capacity), you are once again reminded to look at the points total….

So with that backdrop, great to see this excellent Newcastle United piece in The Mirror.

Brian Reade giving a truthful overview of what exactly is happening at the club…

Brian Reade writing in The Mirror:

Steve Bruce has Newcastle squirming to safety on the cheap – but it’s an unjustly reward…a slim, grim survival will be hailed as a major success for Ashleynomics

…a former Sunderland boss with a joke of a track record compared to Benitez’s, who was seen as another bargain basement Sports Direct purchase…he has confounded footballing logic.

His small, injury-battered squad sit in mid-table on the same points as Arsenal despite playing football that’s almost as dire as the statistics which have them at the bottom of charts for expected goals, expected points, passes, possession and shots on goal.

…rode their luck against a wasteful Chelsea and scored with their one serious effort on target in the 93rd minute…against Everton they had one chance in 90 minutes before substitute centre-half Florian Lejeune snatched two stoppage-time goals and stole a point. The word “inexplicable” appeared in every report and even captain Jamaal Lascelles called it “the weirdest game.”

But Bruce doing well is a double-edged sword for many. To the thousands of season-ticket holders boycotting St James’ Park, his grinding out of results through doggedness and fortune is a painful scenario.

Squirming to safety on the cheap, with ugly smash-and-grabs, unjustly rewards the poverty of ambition which has held the club back throughout Ashley’s tenure.

They are still under-resourced, scraping around for loans in this transfer window when the squad is crying out for quality.

The academy, training facilities, commercial side and support staff are still in dire need of investment.

The main beef with Bruce is his acceptance of Ashley’s status quo. He gets the players he’s given, based on how cheap they can be brought in not the suitability for squad progression, and he makes the best of it.

A model that Benitez ultimately refused to go along with as did all other elite coaches approached to replace him. But Bruce, back in his home city and back in the Premier League signed up without question.

The fear among those who have ambition for a club with such huge pride and potential is that a slim, grim survival will be hailed as a major success for Ashleynomics and they’ll have more of the same under Bruce next season.

They know he will only turn water into wine for so long. As they’ve seen before with every manager under Ashley who has enjoyed a decent run. The lack of quality on the pitch and the lack of intent to improve it, eventually catches up with them.

It’s a dilemma for any Geordie who believes Bruce is doing a great job against horrendous odds, but who sees their club as something better than a Premier League water-treader whose only purpose is to act as a Sports Direct billboard.

• Like 1

Steve Bruce
Birmingham:
Play off Winners 2002
Hull:
Play off Winners 2016

Rafa Benitez
Valencia:
La Liga: 2001–02, 2003–04, UEFA Cup: 2003–04.
Liverpool:
FA Cup: 2005–06, FA Community Shield: 2006, UEFA Champions League: 2004–05, UEFA Super Cup: 2005.
Inter Milan:
Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, FIFA Club World Cup: 2010.
Chelsea:
UEFA Europa League: 2012–13
Napoli:
Coppa Italia: 2013–14, Supercoppa Italiana: 2014
Newcastle United:
EFL Championship: 2016–17

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

All the more kudos to stevie wonder delivering under those circumstances,

btw you still did not answer the question I posed you ?

Because it was an absolute stupid question designed to deflect your very poor attempt at a wind up.

But if you asked me if I would settle for Newcastle United going down to the Championship and staying down there until the fat fuckin' greedy cockney twat fucked off..I'd say yes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Your poor wind ups are getting worse.

Read this..

Journalist finally breaks ranks to give truth on what’s actually happening at Newcastle United

It is not often anybody breaks ranks in the media when it comes to writing/talking about Newcastle United.

It is very much a case of usually talking with one voice.

That one voice is usually towing the party line, simply lazily repeating the club’s PR message time after time.

The only exception is when things get really really bad, when a line is crossed that even the NUFC journalists can’t ignore.

Amusingly, even then they tend to move as one mass, a point reached where they pretty much all agree to swing the other way and call out the latest shambles that Newcastle fans have already been pointing at repeatedly for days, weeks, months, or even years at times.

Which brings us to now.

This season has been bizarre for Newcastle United.

The story the NUFC journalists are reporting, is basically, Newcastle United now have 30 points which is six more than this point last season (under Rafa…), yes it is a little strange how a lot of these points have come about but points is what it is all about etc etc…and this is proof that things are alright at the club. Yes a little unorthodox what is happening in matches but the results/points prove Steve Bruce is doing well and by association, the club are doing ok.

Anybody who suggests scratching below the surface is instantly slaughtered by the media, especially the local newspapers. Reminded yet again about the points total, told that you need to forget about Rafa Benitez (even when you haven’t mentioned him) and if you point out that there is still zero investment in the infrastructure, no new training complex (promised by Mike Ashley seven years ago now…), no proper investment and overhaul of the Academy, Ashley still selling what he can to make extra personal profit (such as selling the land at Gallowgate for development of offices/hotels etc that will prevent any future increase of St James Park capacity), you are once again reminded to look at the points total….

So with that backdrop, great to see this excellent Newcastle United piece in The Mirror.

Brian Reade giving a truthful overview of what exactly is happening at the club…

Brian Reade writing in The Mirror:

Steve Bruce has Newcastle squirming to safety on the cheap – but it’s an unjustly reward…a slim, grim survival will be hailed as a major success for Ashleynomics

…a former Sunderland boss with a joke of a track record compared to Benitez’s, who was seen as another bargain basement Sports Direct purchase…he has confounded footballing logic.

His small, injury-battered squad sit in mid-table on the same points as Arsenal despite playing football that’s almost as dire as the statistics which have them at the bottom of charts for expected goals, expected points, passes, possession and shots on goal.

…rode their luck against a wasteful Chelsea and scored with their one serious effort on target in the 93rd minute…against Everton they had one chance in 90 minutes before substitute centre-half Florian Lejeune snatched two stoppage-time goals and stole a point. The word “inexplicable” appeared in every report and even captain Jamaal Lascelles called it “the weirdest game.”

But Bruce doing well is a double-edged sword for many. To the thousands of season-ticket holders boycotting St James’ Park, his grinding out of results through doggedness and fortune is a painful scenario.

Squirming to safety on the cheap, with ugly smash-and-grabs, unjustly rewards the poverty of ambition which has held the club back throughout Ashley’s tenure.

They are still under-resourced, scraping around for loans in this transfer window when the squad is crying out for quality.

The academy, training facilities, commercial side and support staff are still in dire need of investment.

The main beef with Bruce is his acceptance of Ashley’s status quo. He gets the players he’s given, based on how cheap they can be brought in not the suitability for squad progression, and he makes the best of it.

A model that Benitez ultimately refused to go along with as did all other elite coaches approached to replace him. But Bruce, back in his home city and back in the Premier League signed up without question.

The fear among those who have ambition for a club with such huge pride and potential is that a slim, grim survival will be hailed as a major success for Ashleynomics and they’ll have more of the same under Bruce next season.

They know he will only turn water into wine for so long. As they’ve seen before with every manager under Ashley who has enjoyed a decent run. The lack of quality on the pitch and the lack of intent to improve it, eventually catches up with them.

It’s a dilemma for any Geordie who believes Bruce is doing a great job against horrendous odds, but who sees their club as something better than a Premier League water-treader whose only purpose is to act as a Sports Direct billboard.

It's been a funny season with a lot of EPL clubs in turmoil/transition and I think Newcastle has benefited from that to a certain degree.   A fluky win or draw here and there and any team is right in the mix - I mean there is four points between 5th and 14th which is nuts.  And below that... well there are some really bad teams and/or teams really struggling.  I'm not pouring dirt on your club but their record flatters to deceive IMO. I don't think it wouldn't take much to send them plummeting down the table.  If I felt that they were at 14th on merit with every chance to move up I'd be really happy but I don't think that is the case.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

oh just wanted to add this joke that popped up on twitter

>>> the furlough applies to all non-playing staff

So that applies to Andy Carroll too??

:)

12 hours ago, AMIW said:

He's a horrible horrible greedy man 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

Apparently he's still charging fans for ticket packages and never mind there are no games to go see.

I'm hoping this virus and all the bad publicity it has created for his sports direct image has one of his many minions suggest ... "mike..why don't you sell that football club you own so you can bail out sports direct" 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

I'm hoping this virus and all the bad publicity it has created for his sports direct image has one of his many minions suggest ... "mike..why don't you sell that football club you own so you can bail out sports direct" 

Outside the occasional friendly nominal wager (typically paid off by buying rounds) I don't gamble.  That said I can't see how anybody would place a bet with sports direct.  I know book makers are fairly unsavory as a group but surely people can find one which is at least run by someone not so obviously an a$$hole.

47 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

Outside the occasional friendly nominal wager (typically paid off by buying rounds) I don't gamble.  That said I can't see how anybody would place a bet with sports direct.  I know book makers are fairly unsavory as a group but surely people can find one which is at least run by someone not so obviously an a$$hole.

Sports direct is not a bookmakers.

It's a crappy sports store.

Just now, newcastle roy said:

Sports direct is not a bookmakers.

It's a crappy sports store.

Ah.  Now why the hell did I think it was a book making shop?  To be fair after three weeks of bouncing off the walls my brain is getting a bit soggy.  Still, my general point stands.