Greasy Lake Community

The Official Newcastle United Thread

I must admit, there were times when Bruce was manager at Villa when I kind of didn't mind us losing games, if losing games might hasten the end to him being our manager.  Given the length of time that Bruce has enjoyed as manager at goodness knows how many clubs, including in the Premier League, the poverty of football that his teams have served up has been the one overriding constant (more so than any manager I can think of with similar longevity). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The press and some pundits seem to like Steve Bruce for doing such a good job in getting Newcastle United to the mike ashley "remit" of 4th bottom.

the same press keep on insisting he's a nice bloke.

I doubt these tenants agree with that.

Turns out he is not only a shit football manager but a shit landlord as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Steve Bruce has told BBC Radio Newcastle that Florian Lejeune is nearing an exit at Newcastle United.

Following his side's 1-0 pre-season friendly defeat at York, Bruce said: "He's having talks with the club in Spain where he was on loan last season.

"There could be something happening there. It’s going to be right for Flo, we wish him the best of luck."

Newcastle manager Steve Bruce admits it is likely that Andy Carroll has played his final game for the club following his side's 1-0 defeat at York.

The 32-year-old made 22 appearances last season but largely as a late substitute and he has made just eight league starts since returning to the club in August 2019.

The No 9 shirt has been handed to Callum Wilson while Carroll's previously No 7 jersey has been passed on to Joelinton.

Bruce said: “I think Andy needs to go and play somewhere. We had that conversation a few weeks ago. You’ve also seen a change in shirt number. It’s all been very amicable.”

9 hours ago, AMIW said:

How come @Born To Walkdidn’t tell us about York winning… did they field their A team?

I don't know how close it was to Newcastle's first team, but I believe it was a strong line up. I watched it via Newcastle's YouTube and was impressed with York. The goal is on 87 minutes:

image.png.aa10e2d870666f8d14074f57d01f225c.png