Greasy Lake Community

The Official Newcastle United Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rafa gone, I'm gutted. Best manager we've had for yonks and the fat cockney bastard in charge has forced him out. 

I was never away Andrew, i just didn't have the heart to post on this happy site when i was so sad. I did read all about you seeing that Bruce fella, i loved it mate. Newcastle are indeed st

Newcastle United finished the season as Champions of the Championship after a memorable afternoon at St. James' Park, chalking up their 100th league and cup goal in the process. Fittingly it was Dw

Posted Images

Or, another way of putting it, you wait a lifetime getting into Europe, and when you do, no f----r is bothered.

Howay man, 3 games at home in a week, then our reserves play in the Europa league where we are all but into the next round...unlike your lot :D

west ham 51,855

swansea 49,403

martimo 21,632 that 122,000 fans at St James' in 11 days, still not bad for a team that has won fuck all for yonks.

Rad deal

Ronnie Radford’s iconic 1972 winning goal for Hereford against Newcastle is such an FA Cup staple that Conference sponsors Blue Square Bet are pledging to give the non-League club £500 for every fan who finds the top corner of the net in a recreation of the Radford strike taking place at Edgar Street tomorrow.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2240043/Rangers-Ibrox-stadium-renamed-Sports-Direct-Arena-Newcastle-owner-Mike-Ashley.html#ixzz2DedGN42s

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

even though its not fa cup 3rd yet - this story was on the beeb today

Have the Pardew out chants started yet?

Nah, we all know it would be a waste of time, he has an 8 year contact and the fat one wont sack him until he has paid all his gambling debts off :o

I'm very very worried, we have Man City Man Utd and Arsenal in 3 out of the next 4 games :o

We are in the shit with the mackems :(

Pardew cancels Toon Christmas party

ESPN staffDecember 17, 2012 « ATP blasts US Open over Monday final | Weimann aiming to impress at Villa »

44682.2.jpg

Concerns over Newcastle's form have prompted Alan Pardew to cancel their Christmas party © PA Photos

Enlarge

Related Links

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has confirmed that the club have cancelled their annual Christmas party out of respect to the club's fans.

The Magpies find themselves just two points above the relegation zone in 15th position after a 3-1 defeat against Manchester City on Saturday.

It is a concerning slump for a side that finished fifth last season with Pardew eager to redress the club's poor form.

Consequently, the Newcastle boss has put a hold on any potential festivities in a bid to give his squad extra focus on the job at hand.

"It's out of respect to our fans, and what we've served them this year," Pardew told the Evening Chronicle. "There's no party for us, and the same for the staff. That's how it should be."

Despite the recent problems on the pitch, Pardew is keen to stress he has a united group that are giving it their all to try and turn around the club's fortunes.

"Trust me, there have been horrible things said about our group and our staff, but we're together," he said. "And we're fighting and trying to put it right. The fans have to realise this isn't just a game to us, it's our livelihoods and our profession. It pays our bills.

"Not only that, we have to have a certain pressure of entertaining our fans who pay good money to come and watch. Looking at all those factors, we've not done enough this year. That's why I think it's right we called it off."

Read more at http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1267793/pardew-pulls-plug-on-christmas-party-due-to-poo#WOIVzcUlDzbKOedv.99

no christmas for Toon :(