Greasy Lake Community

The Official Newcastle United Thread

Some much needed good news, Newcastle agree a deal to sign France defender Mathieu Debuchy from Lille.

Here is more good news....

Growin' Up once told us.... "Pardew is a good manager - this is not another Joe Kinnear type situation. I think Pardew will do ok - but there were better choices around - O'Neil and Jol to name but two."

How do you feel? :P You can get the current #13 or #14 to manage #15 ;)

James is a rugby loving student ( ex student ? ) students are full their own opinion. Best ignore them.

Pardew is not a good manager, he had a great season last season, fair play.

But this season his tactics are pants, team selections sometimes rubbish.

Every Newcastle fan knows he is MA puppet, ( the word is still he owes the fat one lots of gambling related money )

Pardews job...keep Newcastle in the Premier league on a limited budget and after 8 years, we are even.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rafa gone, I'm gutted. Best manager we've had for yonks and the fat cockney bastard in charge has forced him out. 

I was never away Andrew, i just didn't have the heart to post on this happy site when i was so sad. I did read all about you seeing that Bruce fella, i loved it mate. Newcastle are indeed st

Newcastle fans donated £20,000 to charity over the weekend in protest against the Premier League's controversial pay-per-view scheme. The Magpies' 4-1 defeat by Manchester United on Saturday was

Posted Images

Doomed :(

We wont go down, we'll be in the fight, but we'll be ok...just.

I'm sure you're right Roy, theres gotta be three teams worse than Newcastle.

Still dont know why you let Nolan go on a free though.

Doomed :(

We wont go down, we'll be in the fight, but we'll be ok...just.

I'm sure you're right Roy, theres gotta be three teams worse than Newcastle.

Still dont know why you let Nolan go on a free though.

I've said all along we're in trouble, it's all about who he brings in this month.

If no one half decent is brought in, then championship football next season is on the cards.

typical of Newcastle selling our best player when we need him most.

Ba was on a very small ( for a Premiership footballer) wage - I've heard it was £20k per week and that appearance money and goals bonus took it to £45k per week. For someone with a goals record like him, that is low. From his point of view, a get out clause made sense.

People with no knowledge of the Toon will think that is a crazy contract. But the amount of money wasted by our club on huge wages on long contracts for players who haven't produced is frightening. The FCB who owns our club may be a twat, but he was pulled it away from the shocking financial position it was in -it was definitely going to go bust, mainly as a result of the fact that it couldn't afford to meet its financial obligations as they fell due - those financial obligations were, in the main, the players wages.

The FCB and his team built a contract for Ba which satisfied both parties. I am sad to see him go, but I would rather be in this position than to have had the risk of yet another player on £90k per week and not producing or on the treatment table every week. If he was going to go, the reality was that it would only be to one of the mega rich clubs, who can afford to have him on their books uninsured - the knee problem/risk he has means that he is uninsurable. It does not matter that he has a brilliant injury record - the damage to his knee suggests that it may go at any time (may, not will) and the insurance companies will not take that risk onto their books.

• Like 1

Understandable, if Newcastle had to enter into a bidding war to get him - but they did not. Largely due to the concerns re his fitness you've highlighted.

In that case, the ball was in Newcastle's court. Either to insist on the removal of the clause or to restrict its operation to non-English clubs.

Seems like folly to me.

One of the worst Newcastle teams I've ever seen...and I've seen some crap.

Only Bigirimana and Anita tried and looked interested.

I swear to god, i do not know how Obertan made it as a pro footballer. He's a very fast headless chicken.

Williamson is a very average league one player, who has cost us more goals than I can remember.

Santon needs to read a book on how to defend, or ask Pardew if he can play on the wing.

The Ameobi brothers.. Shola..is a legend who is crap..unreal but true

His brother is not a legend,just as crap. ( he does try most games like ) but he's just a skinny Shola without any goals against the scum.

A don't get me started on the horses' ass that is Nul Ranger, that fuckin' balloon should be on the streets selling drugs to his gangster mates, a waste of a space as a bloke and a very shit footballer. I'll never pay to watch that clown play, he's a joke. Beyond me how the tit is paid to be a footballer.

This wasn't a cup upset, brighton were the bookies favs, the only shock was it wasn't a higher score.

Mr Pardew..people are saying last season was a fluke, you are proving them right.

SPEND OR WE ARE DOWN

• Like 1

theres only one mike ashley

Dear riverman,

You are the 2nd highest poster on this thread about Newcastle United.

And you are a Spurs fan

It's been years now, it wasn't me who reveled you as ticket tout, it was YOU.

I'm sorry I fucked up your ebay points thingy, that was out of order but fer fuck sake..GET OVER IT !

• Like 1