Greasy Lake Community

The Official Newcastle United Thread

Before today's game Newcastle were 5/1 to go down, as a gambler I was tempted, but wouldn't back against my team. Now we are 5/2 ( half those odds, for the non gamblers ) and I tell you what, if Pardew doesn't sign anyone in the transfer window..we are down.

A manager who has lost the plot, good players playing shit, average players playing shiter, confidence an all time low. :(

The only good news is, it looks like the mackems are signing another Geordie spy :D ( unless we get him...Danny Graham that is, proper Mag, hates mackems )

if Pardew doesn't sign anyone in the transfer window..we are down.

Agreed. But as long as the club stick to their current policy and won't pay "silly money" then their groundwork will continue to provide players for clubs who will - as happened with Remy. Basically the only way these players are going to come on the wages offered is to put them selves in the shop window so that if they're any good they'll be snapped up by another club who'll pay them what they want. Why we continue to drag transfers out for so long giving inferior clubs their chance to lure mercenaries players with promises of more money continues to be a mystery to me .

It looks to me like Pardew's luck has finally run out and his latest excuse, blaming the fans for the "negativity" in the teams performance yesterday afternoon suggests he's running out of ideas both on and off the pitch. Just as well (for him) he has that long contract !

As you say Roy, I think we're doomed unless three of the teams down there as well hit a bad run and Cisse finds his shooting boots or we get another striker who can get us 12 goals. :(

I'd love it if QPR went down though :lol:

• Like 2

will nouveau chateau be playing in ligue un?

More likely the Championship if they don't improve real soon. Hopefully these new french players will help that matter. Gouffran, striker\winger from Bordeaux who I don't know much about, also tweeted last night that he would sign for Newcastle today.

Yesterdays paper said that when the new boys arrive, there will be fourteen native french speakers in the Toon squad.

Maybe Arsene will replace Pardew as well :)