Greasy Lake Community

The Official Newcastle United Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rafa gone, I'm gutted. Best manager we've had for yonks and the fat cockney bastard in charge has forced him out. 

I was never away Andrew, i just didn't have the heart to post on this happy site when i was so sad. I did read all about you seeing that Bruce fella, i loved it mate. Newcastle are indeed st

Newcastle United finished the season as Champions of the Championship after a memorable afternoon at St. James' Park, chalking up their 100th league and cup goal in the process. Fittingly it was Dw

Posted Images

next week an important game against wigan win and pretty much safe , lose and back in the mire

Nope, we are safe already IMO, we'll get to 40 points easy and finish mid table, and at least a place in the Quarter Finals of the Europa league. :rolleyes:

You'll never see a mackem in Milan...or Benfica

Newcastle get to play in the real stadium of light :D

HOWAY ME BONNY LADS!

Roy,

I really hope that NUFC get to the semi`s, but I think they

have the toughest task of the three & I fear for them.

HOWAY ME BONNY LADS!

Very cool stadium it is, too. You going over for the game?

Benfica are a strong side, they've lost Garcia, Witzel and Saviola since last season but it's still basically the same team that dumped Man United out of Europe. It's almost a 1950s style team with 2 full backs, 2 wing backs, a half back, outside & inside rights/lefts and centre forward.

----------------------Artur---------------------

------------Luisao-----------Garay---------

Periera-----------Matic---------Melgarejo

------------Perez---------Aimar-------------

---Salvio--------Cardozo-------Gaitan--

I wish I was going, now days it's a treat if i get to a home game :D

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------------------------------------------------------Newcastle never get beat at the stadium of light :lol:

I'd hope to be at the home game, it's a hard game for sure, Newcastle are 16/1 to win the cup, Benfica 5/1 3rd fsvs behind Chelsea and Spurs both 5/2 joint favs.

Newcastle had a massive blow today with Ben Arfa ruled out for the rest of the season.

still you never know ?

HOWAY ME BONNY LADS!

Roy,

I really hope that NUFC get to the semi`s, but I think they

have the toughest task of the three & I fear for them.

That's 3 English teams in the QFinals BTW ;)

Back to Premier League for the Toon today,

WIGAN V NEWCASTLE UNITED

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Wigan have won five of their six home meetings with Newcastle in the Premier League. Their only defeat came in January 2011 when Shola Ameobi scored the only goal.
  • Newcastle are vying to beat Wigan home and away in the same season for the first time. They won the reverse fixture 3-0, with Demba Ba scoring twice after Wigan defender Maynor Figueroa was sent off in the 12th minute.

Wigan

• The FA Cup semi-finalists have only managed one win in their last eight league games (W1, D3, L4).
  • Wigan have the worst home record in the division, with two wins and 10 points from 14 games. They have failed to keep a clean sheet and conceded a league-high 31 goals at home this season.
  • They are winless in their last seven league games at the DW Stadium since a 3-2 victory over Reading in November.
  • Paul Scharner is poised to make his 150th league appearance for Wigan.

Newcastle

• Newcastle have triumphed in four of their last six league matches, coming from behind to win their last three home games.
  • Their away record - one win and eight points from 14 matches - is the second worst in the division.
  • The Magpies have kept only one clean sheet in their last 11 Premier League games.
  • The last 16 league goals scored by Newcastle have come from overseas players - France (9), Senegal (6) and Argentina (1). James Perch was their last English scorer, against Manchester United on Boxing Day.
  • Half of Yohan Cabaye's six Premier League goals this season have been scored from outside the penalty area.

Only the two fuck ups by blind referee Halsey. A straight red card and a pass with the hand. Useless twat.

I can't believe that tackle, it was deliberate and fucking disgusting. I wish John Carver got to

McManaman and lampted the dirty twat.

Chaos as Newcastle fans rip nets, drop pants and steal match ball at Sunday League match

Hundreds Newcastle fans ran riot at a Sunday League match ahead of the controversial Premier League clash against Wigan at the weekend, dropping their trousers, swinging on crossbars, ripping out corner flags, tearing nets and even stealing the match ball.

As many as 300 Toon supporters on their way to the DW Stadium piled off coaches and started causing havoc at the local pitches at Scott Lane where Wigan Cosmos were taking on AFC Leigh Centurions in a South Lancashire Counties League match.
The chaos began 15 minutes into the match when several coachloads of Newcastle fans turned up, apparently to watch the match.

"Some fans then chose to run onto the field of play, dropping their pants, causing the game to be stopped," the Wigan Cosmos said in a statement.
"Although good natured at first, the fans then started to rip out corner flags as they ran over the pitches and also took the match ball.
"We never recovered the ball, though we did manage to recover the corner flags.

"The so-called fans then decided to charge over to the adjacent pitch where Goose Green Reserves were entertaining Olympic AFC in another South Lancashire Counties Fixture.
"They again began by ripping out their corner flags. The fans then charged into the goalmouth, jumping onto the goalposts in an attempt to snap the crossbar with the sheer numbers clambering on them.
"They then started to rip the nets from the posts, tearing them and trying to take them. Our players helped to retrieve the nets.
"After spending quite some time singing and hanging on the goalposts the fans then ran back over to our pitch whilst singing “we’re Newcastle United, we’ll do what we want.”

The rampage lasted 40 minutes, and apparently left "families, dads, grandads and youngsters shaken", the statement added, as well as leaving the club with a bill for £200 for the replacement of damaged and stolen gear.
"This may sound miniscule to a Premier League Club that receives mass income from a variety of sources but it is a significant debt to an amateur non-profit football club that raises its funds from charity events and the weekly charge put on its players to allow them to enjoy a game of sport," the club added.
"The fact that these same fans have taken to Twitter and YouTube to boast about the incident and in fact revelling in it, showing no signs of remorse is possibly even more disturbing. Not only have they cost my football team a great deal of expense but they have shown a total disrespect to football itself."

It turned out not to be the only controversial incident that day: in the match itself, which kicked off just under two hours later at 4pm, Wigan's Callum McMananman produced a reckless challenge on Massadio Haidara that could have been career-threatening yet did not even earn him a booking.
Thankfully, Haidara's injury is less serious than originally thought - and it seems there could be a happy ending to the Wigan Cosmos as well. Wigan Athletic and Newcastle United have both been in touch with Cosmos and promised compensation, with Newcastle also working with police to identify and prosecute the fans at the centre of the trouble.
But even if the clubs had not done so already, it seems as if the vast majority of decent, football-loving Newcastle fans were already intent on putting right the wrong: several Newcastle fans disgusted at the scenese had apparently already been in touch with Wigan Cosmos and were offering to pay for the damage caused by their fellow Magpies supporters.

nuff4.jpg

nuff5.jpg

Newcastle United v sunderland tickets for next month sold out in 6 hours. B)

Other NUFC news, NUFC made a profit last season when we finished 5th.

Profits down from the previous season when we ripped liverpool off for 35million :lol:

Hard game today, I'd love a point :rolleyes:

Head-to-head

• Manchester City are on a 12-match unbeaten run against Newcastle, winning the last six (W10, D2).
  • Newcastle have only earned two points from their last nine league visits in this fixture since Alan Shearer scored the only goal at Maine Road in September 2000.

Manchester City

• The champions are 10 points and 20 goals worse off than at the same stage last season.
  • They have the best defensive record in the Premier League, conceding only 26 goals in 29 games and keeping an unrivalled 13 clean sheets.
  • City have only dropped four points from winning positions this season, the equal-best record in the division alongside Arsenal and Manchester United.
  • According to Opta, James Milner has scored the most goals (29) in Premier League history without finding the net twice or more in a single game.

Newcastle

• Newcastle's away record - one win and eight points from 15 matches - is the second worst in the division.
  • The Magpies have kept only one clean sheet in their last 12 Premier League games, conceding 26 goals in that period.
  • Alan Pardew's side have conceded 35 second-half goals. Only Aston Villa (37) have fared worse.
  • They have lost eight of their last nine matches against current top-half opposition. The exception was a 3-2 home win against Chelsea on 2 February.
  • The last 18 league goals scored by Newcastle have come from overseas players - nine goals by Frenchmen, seven from Senegalese, and one each by an Argentinian and Italian. They've also benefited from own goals by a Northern Irish and Dutch player since James Perch became their last English scorer, against Manchester United on Boxing Day.

oh dear oh dear oh dear

wigan win are 3 points behind toon with a game in hand (as are villa)

southampton and west ham win too to go above toon

Samaritans order additional staff !

oh dear oh dear oh dear

wigan win are 3 points behind toon with a game in hand (as are villa)

southampton and west ham win too to go above toon

Samaritans order additional staff !

To busy thinking about our game against Benfica to worry about going down.

...that's a european game BTW in case you forgot.