Greasy Lake Community

The Official Newcastle United Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rafa gone, I'm gutted. Best manager we've had for yonks and the fat cockney bastard in charge has forced him out. 

I was never away Andrew, i just didn't have the heart to post on this happy site when i was so sad. I did read all about you seeing that Bruce fella, i loved it mate. Newcastle are indeed st

Newcastle United finished the season as Champions of the Championship after a memorable afternoon at St. James' Park, chalking up their 100th league and cup goal in the process. Fittingly it was Dw

Posted Images

toon lose to team from 13th best league in europe

Well beat in the end, but for two stupid mistakes from Santon and Taylor it might of been better, still we not out of Europe just yet...unlike liverpool.

i heard that both newcastle bruce and newcastle roy threw their toys out of the pram at half time :huh:

We were 0-0 at half time, we were playing ok, i wasn't to worried, young Bruce was out for a walk..so i here.

toys are still in the pram...so are young Bruce's. :D

Mission nearly impossible the neet.

(night shift means i miss the 2nd half)

NEWCASTLE UNITED V BENFICA

Hatem Ben Arfa could complete a swift comeback from a hamstring injury as his Newcastle side attempt to claw back a 3-1 deficit against Benfica in their Europa League quarter-final second leg.

It had been feared that Ben Arfa was out for the rest of the season,but the Frenchman is likely to make the bench.

However Steven Taylor is a doubt after picking up a knee injury in training.

Fabricio Coloccini, Davide Santon and Cheick Tiote are injured with Mathieu Debuchy and Yoan Gouffran ineligible.

"Hatem has made an unbelievable recovery," said Newcastle manager Alan Pardew of Ben Arfa, who returned from a three-month lay-off to face Anzhi Makhachkala in the previous round, but has not played since.

"He will be involved tomorrow and I'm sure if he's needed he will be somebody who can turn the game."

Pardew remains hopeful that Taylor will be fit for the Tyne-Wear derby against Sunderland on Sunday, adding that Coloccini could return from a back injury at West Brom on 20 April.

This season only Champions League favourites Barcelona have beaten Benfica by two clear goals - the minimum margin of victory required for Newcastle to progress.

But Pardew urged his side to show caution as they attempt to get a toehold in the tie.

"They have a real, real threat on the counter-attack, and the game could easily get away from us, so we have got to be very much on our guard," he warned.

"We must approach it in the right manner, give ourselves a chance and try to get us to the end of the game in a position where we can get it back.

"I would still feel confident two goals down with 10 minutes to go, the way that we are and the potential we have in the group, and the way I can affect it off the bench."

Benfica have won their last eight matches and lost only three times in 43 games this season.

Former Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic, who swapped Stamford Bridge for the Estadio da Luz as part of the deal that brought David Luiz to the Premier League, continued his impressive campaign by scoring in Sunday's 2-0 victory over Olhanense.

Argentine pair Ezequiel Garay and Nicolas Gaitan, who have both linked with Manchester United in recent months, also started the game and have been named in Jorge Jesus's 21-man squad

rollercoaster day for Toon , at one point Norwich, Villa and Southampton were all winning... then a Villa own goal, an Andy Carroll goal for West Ham and then one of those famous dodgy Arsenal penalties and its all good again and they're all back where they started.

well Toon know what they need to do in the morning....

wonder if MissionMan will be getting up at 4am to watch the game? as a warm-up before the Chelski game....

rollercoaster day for Toon , at one point Norwich, Villa and Southampton were all winning... then a Villa own goal, an Andy Carroll goal for West Ham and then one of those famous dodgy Arsenal penalties and its all good again and they're all back where they started.

well Toon know what they need to do in the morning....

wonder if MissionMan will be getting up at 4am to watch the game? as a warm-up before the Chelski game....

Let's see....should I get up at 4 a.m. so that I can watch the game on a computer? Probably not..... sorry, Roy! I would like to cheer on your boys, but I don't see that happening.