Greasy Lake Community

The Official Newcastle United Thread

Ok, so the defeat was bad enough,the embarrassment I felt as stupid young thugs went round smashing their own city up was even worse but then...... I thought "at least I'm not Riverman"

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rafa gone, I'm gutted. Best manager we've had for yonks and the fat cockney bastard in charge has forced him out. 

I was never away Andrew, i just didn't have the heart to post on this happy site when i was so sad. I did read all about you seeing that Bruce fella, i loved it mate. Newcastle are indeed st

Newcastle United finished the season as Champions of the Championship after a memorable afternoon at St. James' Park, chalking up their 100th league and cup goal in the process. Fittingly it was Dw

Posted Images

roy i think will appreciate this

I saw Billy Bragg last night and of course he talks a lot between songs. Thatcher, Universal healthcare etc but before covering a Woody Guthrie song he told a story about a football club in blighty that had just hired a fascist manager and how he (billy) was ashamed that this guy had been a West ham player and how this season all he really cared about was that West ham stayed up and how the team who had hired the new manager (sunderland) "bloody well go down"

I thought of Roy and smiled

Billy then played "This Guitar kills fascists",...

• Like 2

I don't know why, but this week I love NEWCASTLE UNITED more than ever.

We got beat off the hated clowns down the road, idiot Newcastle fans couldn't handle it so they went crackers smashed things up, hoy'd bottles and some plonker punched a gee-gee.

At work I've took it on the chin..it didn't hurt as much as i thought it would.

Why ?

Because it's only temporary, 13 years !

My black n white heart is bleeding, please saint Joe Harvey, save me.

134 times NUFC have played in Europe..scum 4

I don't know why, but this week I hate mackems more than ever. :lol:

• Like 1

If the hated clowns beat you off, I thought you would be happy! ;):o:lol:

Of course, the term "beat off" may mean something different there than it does here....

Of course, terms are different over the pond.

Try this, I have seen Chelsea play about 20 times..live

I've seen Liverpool play about 13 times

I've seen ManUtd play 15 ish times

Does the term "glory hunter" mean out ?

I'd have settled for a point before the game, but it was shocking in the second half.

God only knows why Pardew took off Haidara and puts on Jonas at left back ???

It's not like he did well playing there last week FFS !

Is Pardew shagging Jonas or what ???

He's lost the plot, every Newcastle fan knows he's rubbish, he hasn't got a clue about tactics.

We'll limp over the line and stay up, but only because of the 6 point cushion over Wigan and Wigan running out of games.

Pardew must go in the summer or sooner, but I very much doubt the fat controller will sack him.

NEWCASTLE UNITED V Liverpool

sat 27 april 2013

Smug tit, pardew V a tit, Rogers

_67254536_142591295.jpg

Newcastle midfielder Cheick Tiote is available after missing out last weekend with a hamstring injury.

Fabricio Coloccini is back in training but unlikely to start after a seven-week absence with a back problem, while Sylvain Marveaux (groin) is sidelined.

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez begins his suspension for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic last Sunday.

Daniel Sturridge will start, and Italian forward Fabio Borini may return from a dislocated shoulder.

At 5.30pm on Saturday, Liverpool will be playing football again. That, for two hours at least, will have to be the subject of conversation, which could be the most positive aspect for the club since the full-time whistle at Anfield last Sunday.

Ever since then, one man has dominated every headline and every opinion. The real frustration for all connected with Liverpool will be that, once again, those stories haven't been about the footballing ability of Luis Suarez.

Not his brilliant last-minute equaliser, not that it took him to 30 goals for the season, not that it even showed some progression as it took the team past their total points tally of last season.

Brendan Rodgers will have endured the most testing week of his managerial career to date, and he'll know there are now tough months ahead where he must plan without his top scorer.

He will want to see some togetherness and spirit from his squad as they begin life without a world-class player.

They have only lost once in their last eight games and still have a chance of a top-six finish. Sixth is currently occupied by Everton, who they play after this game. That match and the fact that it's 50 years since they finished below their Merseyside rivals in successive seasons, should ensure the campaign doesn't fade away.

Newcastle, mathematically, are still looking over their shoulder and I watched them respond well at West Brom last weekend after themselves enduring a difficult week in the wake of their home defeat by Sunderland.

They'll want this to be the game they win that takes them to 40 points and safety.

The fixture has a great tradition and will bring back good memories for Alan Pardew. Back in December 2010 I was at St James' Park as he took charge of Newcastle for the first time and saw his team win 3-1. A lot has changed since then - Andy Carroll and Joey Barton were among the Newcastle scorers and Roy Hodgson was leading Liverpool.

Suarez hadn't arrived at Anfield. How much will change for him in the future will be an ongoing debate.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Liverpool have won six of the last nine meetings.
  • The winning team has scored a minimum of two goals in the last 12 league meetings.

Newcastle

• Newcastle have taken four points from their last five league fixtures.
  • They are 25 points and 12 places worse off than at the same stage of last season.
  • The Mapgies had won four successive home matches prior to the 3-0 defeat by Sunderland in their last outing at St James' Park.
  • Only Reading and Aston Villa have conceded more than Newcastle's 60 goals.
  • Their remaining league fixtures after this one are away to West Ham and QPR and then at home to Arsenal.

Liverpool

• Liverpool have taken 15 points out of the last available 24 (W4, D3, L1). However, they have drawn their last three matches.
  • The Reds have kept 13 clean sheets, second only to Manchester City (15).
  • They have not lost a league match this season in which they led at half time (W9, D2).
  • Last Sunday, Luis Suarez became the first Liverpool player to score 30 goals in a season in all competitions since Fernando Torres in 2007-08.
  • Glen Johnson is expected to make his 250th Premier League appearance.

0-2 at half time, toon defence currently resembling a bunch of foreign summer-school students at St Pancras station.................

(looking pretty and staring at each other, none of them doing anything remotely useful).

OMG not another St James Park mass-exodus.............................

They should only charge these fans half a season ticket price, cos they only seem to stay for half the game..............

On no I forgot its a SportsDirect Arena mass exodus........

0-5..........................OMG.................................................I'm gonna leave this fred out of respect for those fine lakers Gin, Roy, Gary et al...........................

0-5..........................OMG.................................................I'm gonna leave this fred out of respect for those fine lakers Gin, Roy, Gary et al...........................

Aw, f--k it........................remember I said Toon were too good to go down?

I was wrong.............