Greasy Lake Community

The Official Newcastle United Thread

A while back i was sure we wouldn't go down, the 3-0 loss to the filth and the embarrassing 0-6 stuffin' off LFC have made me now start to worry. We have half decent players but a clueless half wit of a manager.

A 0-0 draw against West Ham was a result I would have took before the game, Wigan winning has made it two points dropped. Watching it WestHam were there for the taking, the hammers were clearly thinking of summer hols.

Wigan, Villa mackems and Norwich would have beat West ham today.

Pardew was clueless taking off Ben Arfa and replacing him with Sholla was just cringe worthy he is probably the 3rd worst player the club, the worst player Gosling then came on for Gouffran ??

The 2nd worst player Jonas played the whole game once again to no effect,he's played over 30 games this season, and how many assists has he made ? fucking none !! God only knows why Pardew keeps playing him.

Wigan, Villa, mackems and Norwich are all better than us at the moment.

If we don't beat QPR away next week we will go down, if we don't go down this season by some miracle, then next season under Pardew we will be a certain to go down.

At last a journalist who has sussed out Pardew.

from football365

After recent heavy defeats against Sunderland and Liverpool, Newcastle's hard-fought 0-0 draw with West Ham will have come as a relief to Alan Pardew. That relief may only last until Tuesday, however, when the Magpies could drop into the bottom three for the first time this season if Wigan beat Swansea and Sunderland pick up at least a point at home to Stoke on Monday.

It's an embarrassing predicament for Pardew and, despite Newcastle's improved defensive performance at Upton Park, the manager should be worried by his team's lack of invention ahead of two crucial matches to secure survival. The Magpies have now scored only one goal in their last four Premier League fixtures - and three in the last seven - with Papiss Cisse again cutting a lonely figure in attack on Saturday.

The loss of Demba Ba to Chelsea has obviously had a detrimental impact on Newcastle's form in front of goal, but Pardew must also take responsibility for failing to address the Magpies' barren run. While Roberto Martinez has encouraged Wigan to repeat last year's incredible survival feat by adopting an open, attacking style of play, Pardew seems fearful of allowing Newcastle's players to express their quality in a cautious, uninspiring system.

It's one thing to play dull football and grind out results - as West Ham have done for much of the season - but Pardew's perennially negative tactics have continued to bring poor performances throughout a disappointing campaign. The manager showed that he is capable of making necessary changes to his team's system by switching to a 4-3-3 formation in the second half of last season, but this year he has failed to act to prevent Newcastle's slide, persisting with the same players and approach week after week.

Pardew has struggled in similar circumstances before, with Saturday's trip to West Ham offering a timely reminder. The manager's rudimentary tactics gained promotion, a top-ten Premier League finish and an FA Cup runners-up medal in two full seasons with the Hammers, but when performances started to slip he had no answers. A dreadful start to the 2006/07 season, in which West Ham lost 11 of their first 17 games and scored only ten goals, resulted in Pardew's dismissal, and many Newcastle fans are now hoping that the same fate befalls the manager at St James' Park.

It is too late for Ashley to act on the manager's future at this stage, of course, but the fans' shocking reaction to the Sunderland and Liverpool defeats revealed that they have finally run out of patience. Newcastle have enough quality to comfortably finish in the top ten and yet they have remained in the bottom half since mid-November with Pardew seemingly bereft of ideas on how to change his team's fortunes.

It seems that last season's achievements may have left a negative legacy in terms of Pardew's loyalty to his underperforming players. Jonas Gutierrez and Cheick Tiote have been in terrible form for most of the current campaign, yet both can expect to be in the starting line-up when fit. This complacency underlines Newcastle's significant backwards step this year and, even if they survive, Pardew's past record suggests he will struggle to learn from his mistakes.

• Like 1

Bloody hell Graeme. That brings a tear to my eye. Why the fuck am I living daaaarn saaarrff.?

Heres another one then ..

What's happened to Jimmy Nail? Where has he gone? I had a pint with him in Heaton once. Nice bloke. I loved Oz. My best mate in Newcastle was a five foot seven version of Oz, just a little bit more daft. He lived in the street in Jesmond where another daft Geordie burnt the chippy down.

What's happened to Jimmy Nail? Where has he gone? I had a pint with him in Heaton once. Nice bloke. I loved Oz. My best mate in Newcastle was a five foot seven version of Oz, just a little bit more daft. He lived in the street in Jesmond where another daft Geordie burnt the chippy down.

:unsure:

The chippy is still there :blink::blink:

dunno who burnt it down like..wasn't me..like :unsure: nope..not me :rolleyes:

Nice as it is and all that, it's not the countryside that does it for me. It's the bridges. And the streets and buildings and pubs. And SJP. I'm living in Manchester during the week now. Well, Salford to be exact. And I see fucking David Moyes' new gaff every single day and I miss the Toon.

Phone Bruce up. Get him to do a show in the Tyne Theatre and then we can all go out and have some bevvies. I want to go to Rosie's and The Newcastle Arms and The Cooperidge and The Crown Pasada and The Bridge and Fitzgeralds and 42nd Street and Legends and finish the night off either on the rotating dance floor on the boat or head banging to Paranoid in The Stage Dood.