The Official Newcastle United Thread

Sir Alex has no fear of the FA -- He is simply bigger than the game.

Well done and very succinct I think you have just summed up The Great Man better than most.

Was at the game today, but come away feeling a bit cheated to be honest. First Luiz should have been red carded but got away with a yellow, the throw before the goal should have been ours (haven’t seen it again but don’t think we touched it) and just general 50/50 going their way.

It was going to be tough never mind the ref being against you as well. Also the score line didn’t reflect the game IMO we give them a lot to think about, we put to many players forward at the end and grab two goals, saying that Taylor went off hurt and we had no subs left.

And one final thought coloccini went of injured and people groaned at Perch coming on but for such opponents like Chelsea he did ok for us.

some easier games coming up so should start picking those points up again.

I was walking through the new arcade this afternoon when I heard some fellas (and their kids) shouting at the big Sky screen ... something about it should have been a red. The Toon were playing.

Now I know why. :)

I was walking through the new arcade this afternoon when I heard some fellas (and their kids) shouting at the big Sky screen ... something about it should have been a red. The Toon were playing.

Now I know why. :)

forgot to say it was after 4 mins or so, would have made for a much different game, anyway we where singing your just a shit coloccini just a shit coloccini!!

haha :lol:

Was at the game today, but come away feeling a bit cheated to be honest. First Luiz should have been red carded but got away with a yellow, the throw before the goal should have been ours (haven’t seen it again but don’t think we touched it) and just general 50/50 going their way.

It was going to be tough never mind the ref being against you as well. Also the score line didn’t reflect the game IMO we give them a lot to think about, we put to many players forward at the end and grab two goals, saying that Taylor went off hurt and we had no subs left.

And one final thought coloccini went of injured and people groaned at Perch coming on but for such opponents like Chelsea he did ok for us.

some easier games coming up so should start picking those points up again.

The yellow card could/should have been red, however in the referees opinion it was yellow.

The throw in decision was correct, it came of the Newcastle players head.

Football is not an exact science and certain things are down to opinions.

Newcastle was robbed. No question about it. Should have been a straight red card.

Now we know where Abramovich's millions are going.

Newcastle's defense were rather poor, with Ryan Taylor having a real bad first half (Sturridge could/should have put the game to rest at half time) and it certainly didn't help NUFC when Coloccini had to be substituted with Perch.

But it should have been a red card...

We got beat 3-0 but I'm not disheartened, our lack of strength in depth was always going to find us out.

Chelsea were not that much better than us, of course it would have been a different game if the ref had his glasses on, but so what..the ref at OT last week was as blind.

With out Coloccini we will let in goals, when we get our full strength team back we'll be ok.

And the points we already have in the bag means its a season with no real stress.

I hated Pardew at first and the jury is still out, he is still the fat twats puppet IMO.

But credit to him, we are 6th in december and I'd have taken that with bells on at the start of the season.

HWTL

ryan taylor out for the season - do toon have another centre back?

ryan taylor out for the season - do toon have another centre back?

Its Steven Taylor not Ryan, we do have another centre back in Mike Williamson, but he's a few games from 100% fit. Looks like we'll have to put up with James Perch for the time being :( or maybe Davide Santon ?

We are still the 4th best defence in the PL...at the moment :rolleyes:

Newcastle was robbed. No question about it. Should have been a straight red card.

This is ridiculous grousing from Chelsea haters. Not only should it not have been a red card, it shouldn't have even been a foul. Ba was definitely offside.

This is ridiculous grousing from Chelsea haters. Not only should it not have been a red card, it shouldn't have even been a foul. Ba was definitely offside.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew says referee Mike Dean has admitted he should have sent off Chelsea defender David Luiz during Saturday's match on Tyneside.

Luiz saw yellow for a professional foul on Demba Ba early on in the st James' park

Pardew revealed on Sky Sports' Goals on Sunday that Dean had initially stood by his decision but has since changed his opinion after reviewing the incident.

"He said, 'I made a mistake, he should have been sent off'," said Pardew.

The Newcastle boss added: "At half-time yesterday, his opinion was different, but his opinion would have been altered if his assistant referee had done his job, in my opinion.

"When I saw the referee at half-time, I said, 'Why did you not send him off?'. He said to me, 'He didn't have control of the ball'.

"Well, how can you have control of the ball when the guy is knocking you over?

Continue reading the main story

Not only do I lose the game, but I have lost two players through injury. I'm still angry

Alan Pardew "I have got no problem with the referee, he made a mistake. The bigger problem I have got is with the linesman on this occasion, because I was looking at the linesman.

"The linesman can see that - he didn't flag, he didn't go mad, he didn't do anything, so Mike Dean is making that decision from 40 yards away.

"If the linesman is waving his flag and suggesting, 'You know what, this is an incident here', and they have got their little mics...

"It would have altered the game, down to 10 men, Chelsea, the pressure they were under.

"I wouldn't have lost my centre-half [Steven Taylor] to injury because we were forcing the game. I had people charging around trying to get back a situation when we would have been in control of the game.

"Not only do I lose the game, but I have lost two players through injury [Taylor and Fabricio Coloccini]. I'm still angry."

The incident occurred four minutes into Saturday's match at the Sports Direct Arena, with the score still 0-0.

Home striker Ba got himself goal side of Luiz, with no other defenders in front of him, but was hauled down by the Brazilian centre-back, who was booked for the foul.

With a full compliment of players, Chelsea went on to win 3-0 through goals from Didier Drogba, substitute Salomon Kalou and Daniel Sturridge.

I havent lost my smile after last nights game, the atmosphere was brilliant, one of the best games I have been to. I'm a tad worried for you Man U fans cos something was lacking last night and any more games like that and you can kiss goodbye to the Premiership.

:D

I've got to admit that when I saw the lineup last night, I was very worried indeed for the Toon. ManUre had brought back their most influential man and yet despite Howard Webb being on the team sheet, we still gave them a good old hoofing.

Was at the match today, wasnt great but look out for Ben Arfa's goal tonight on the hightlights, looked quite stunning from where I was sitting!

Step one..get Richard Branson interested in NUFC...sorted

Step two, get Richard Branson to spend a big chunk of his money and buy NUFC...work in progress :unsure:

0,,10278%7E10369656,00.gif

Step one..get Richard Branson interested in NUFC...sorted

Step two, get Richard Branson to spend a big chunk of his money and buy NUFC...work in progress :unsure:

0,,10278%7E10369656,00.gif

I see the red and white has started creeping into the kit!

Why the hell is 'Appy 'Arry talking about Demba Ba's contract? What the hell has it to do with him? He's a 'orrible little cockerknee twat and I hope he's put away for a long time for his tax evasion.

Why the hell is 'Appy 'Arry talking about Demba Ba's contract? What the hell has it to do with him? He's a 'orrible little cockerknee twat and I hope he's put away for a long time for his tax evasion.

Bob Moncur agrees with you Martin.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/07/bob-moncur-slams-redknapp-over-demba-ba-72703-30075523/

Bob Moncur is a legend - despite being part scottish.

thats going to upset Dr Oboogie :)

Bob Moncur is a legend - despite being part scottish.

thats going to upset Dr Oboogie :)

Nah, not upset Andrew...it is common knowledge that Geordies are just Scots with their brains removed... ;)