Greasy Lake Community

The Official Newcastle United Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rafa gone, I'm gutted. Best manager we've had for yonks and the fat cockney bastard in charge has forced him out. 

I was never away Andrew, i just didn't have the heart to post on this happy site when i was so sad. I did read all about you seeing that Bruce fella, i loved it mate. Newcastle are indeed st

Posted Images

beeb say Abeid (born in france) has been sold to Panathinaikos doesn't look like he played much in 4 years despite being a Le Toonie !

This is a bad bit of business.

We started shit last year.

He got in the team - we did well.

He got injured - we fell apart and almost got relegated.

He is a very good young player.

I thought it was fun throughout. Krul must have had 10 saves, Newcastle just as easily could have won 1 or 2-nil as they could have lost 4 or 5-nil while they scrambled like crazy on defense to stay in it, etc.

Or it could be that I didn't sleep a wink and I'm getting my goofy second wind as I call it. That is a distinct possibility. ;):D

Very, very happy with 0-0 away to Man u.

Especially after the first 20mins i thought we were going to get slaughtered.

But we dug deep and the defence, for a very pleasant change were fantastic.

Colo looked like the player he was a few seasons ago, long may that form continue.

The new boys all looked good, and we could have easy won it, so could have man u.

We deserved a draw.

Happy

Very, very happy with 0-0 away to Man u.

Especially after the first 20mins i thought we were going to get slaughtered.

But we dug deep and the defence, for a very pleasant change were fantastic.

Colo looked like the player he was a few seasons ago, long may that form continue.

The new boys all looked good, and we could have easy won it, so could have man u.

We deserved a draw.

Happy

Congrats Roy, a 0-0 draw that feels like a win.

Me thinks the sarcasm alert got lost somewhere over the Atlantic.

to be fair MissionMan lives much closer to the Pacific than the Atlantic and watched this at approx. 4.30am :o his time so anything is exciting at that time :rolleyes:

Obertan, Ben Arfa, Robert, Marveaux, Goufran, Cabella - we've had s fair few trying to be David Ginola. Let's hope this latest one finally manages to put a decent cross in.

To be fair none of them was a confirmed top-player as Ginola was when he went to Newcastle nor had his skills.

Ben Arfa is a different case. He had a huge potential. I remember him when he was 17. He was one the most skilled of his generation and could have been a world top player. He f..ked up royally...