Greasy Lake Community

The Official Newcastle United Thread

What a great match last night, I thought we'd get well beat, especially after going two down.

But fair play to the lads we battled back very well and deserved at least a point.

Some great individual performances, Colo and Gini but especially Mitro he was outstanding.

Shelvey transfer looks a good 'un.

This Premier league this season is pure entertainment.

Last week I thought we'd go down, after last night I'm hopeful...again.. we'll stay up !!

Howay the lads.

_87676004_dummett_reuters.jpg

On 12/01/2016 at 7:19 PM, AMIW said:

Is he smiling because he left Toon or because he joined York???

The Toon exodus south to York continues.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkcityfc/14205080.Newcastle_United_defender_Lubo_Satka_agrees_to_join_York_City_on_loan/

31 minutes ago, AMIW said:

1 sub appearance in 4 years (wiki says he was signed in 2012)  how good a player are you expecting?

You should see some of the ones we've got!

A massive, massive win for Newcastle United, West ham are a very good in form team so beating them was fantastic.

Shelvey has made a difference, finally we have a play maker. The first half was actually a joy to watch. The second half especially the last 15 minutes were not enjoyable.

3 points thank fuck,

42 minutes ago, AMIW said:

steve harper signs for Sunderland - guess he wont be welcome in toon anymore?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35387440

Nah, he'll be welcome, he was very loyal for us, stayed when he could have moved elsewhere ( i know he was well paid, but still canny loyal)

And he's a mackem, born in Seaham which is a stones chuck away from the old mackem dump roker park

On 18/08/2015 at 2:45 PM, Fabrice said:

I don't want to sound discouraging... but Thauvin... really... for 17 million Euros + Cabella... Honestly it sounds like Xmas for Marseille.

Turns out you were correct, he's back there on loan.

I didn't think he was given much of a run in the team to be fair, but he didn't hit the ground running and has paid the price. 

On 07/02/2016 at 0:23 AM, newcastle roy said:

It's official, the boogieman and his wonderful family are good luck charms for Newcastle United.

A massive win for Newcastle v a poor WBA, so what I don't care. 

Boogieman,Ross and Keith..thank you.

No it is us who must thank you for taking care of us.....and making it a great weekend for all of us.

and giving me the opportunity to see a match in The Greatest League in the world..;)

btw, you missed a superb gig at night.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2016 at 7:01 PM, AMIW said:

1 sub appearance in 4 years (wiki says he was signed in 2012)  how good a player are you expecting?

He scored a great header today on his full debut, gave the keeper no chance.

Next time, hopefully he'll do it at the right end of the pitch!

• 2 weeks later...

What a shambles today's match was, Bournemouth were far better than us in every department.

Relegation is looking like a formality, getting rid of Mc Clown simply must happen now,     Moyes looking good to take over and give us a chance of a miracle we need to stay up.  What a friggin' nightmare, I need a drink.