Greasy Lake Community

The Official Newcastle United Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rafa gone, I'm gutted. Best manager we've had for yonks and the fat cockney bastard in charge has forced him out. 

I was never away Andrew, i just didn't have the heart to post on this happy site when i was so sad. I did read all about you seeing that Bruce fella, i loved it mate. Newcastle are indeed st

Newcastle United finished the season as Champions of the Championship after a memorable afternoon at St. James' Park, chalking up their 100th league and cup goal in the process. Fittingly it was Dw

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, AMIW said:

not quite dead yet Roy still have to play the other 3 at the bottom and other strugglers like Palace and Swansea and Liverpool and Chelsea....

The clown has to go asap.

can you spot me in the crowd ? :D

10127d6da1a12860413bd7308a23a733.jpg

8 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Seems to be a rumour Mr Moyes T'ed up to replace McLaren.

Would be happy with that, assuming Jose knows that some challenges are too big even for him...

1 hour ago, thomam said:

And gone... Thoughts on Rafa?

I'm absolutely delighted we got rid of McClown, it may be 5/6 games to late however.

We are still clear favourites to go down but if...and it's a big if. If we get Rafa I'll be friggin' delighted he's a class manager, a winner, god only knows why he would want to come to Newcastle United :D But if he comes we will have a chance of staying up, he'll get the lazy buggers who are not trying to actually earn their inflated wages. No question about it if we left McClown in charge we were going down for sure, with Rafa we'd have a chance of staying up. Please god let it be him, what ever it takes ashley give him what e wants and get him here.

Yep. Top manager and excellent reputation for making players perform. We've got at half of a decent team hiding in the squad and now have a fighting chance of staying up.

Been said of everywhere McLaren went after Man U. Decent coach, not a manager. Remains true.

17 minutes ago, monkinmotion said:

Hasn't the club handled the situation well ?

In a word, no

NUFC don't handle anything well. TBF the club have said sorry about the delay in telling the clown he was sacked and also said sorry for the delay in telling the fans that the clown was sacked.

I don't really care about the clown or his feelings.

8 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Rafa from Liverpool to Real Madrid to Toon - a downward spiral :P

hahaha 

Here's a "fact"  or two as Rafa says.

Fact. McClown is the worst or second worst manager Newcastle United have ever had.

Fact. He still managed to beat Liverpool:o

22 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Fact. He still managed to beat Liverpool:o

To be fair, it's not quite the achievement that it used to be though, you were up for it that day though and we had just hammered saints in the league cup so we're bound to be poor the next game!  

4 hours ago, ukjohnney said:

To be fair, it's not quite the achievement that it used to be though, you were up for it that day though and we had just hammered saints in the league cup so we're bound to be poor the next game!  

So you were in form, and we beat you...but it doesn't count ?

Ok then:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Didn't this dude also Manage Chelsea and Galast...... (team from Turkey) for a while?

Boy, this league changes and recycles manager/coaches more then the NFL. Why not start with a fresh new face. (every once in awhile?)

34 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

So you were in form, and we beat you...but it doesn't count ?

Ok then:rolleyes:

No it counts and if you just stay up I am glad you got the points, I am just saying we are rather unpredictable shall we say!   And you say you were "rubbish" under the the clown.   It just sums up our entire league this year.  And it am not the eloquent :D

we did lose 3-0 to Watford, put 7 past man city in 2 games , lost 3 times to West Ham , there there was that Norwich game. 

Good luck to you and rafa,  if you can send pardew down we might all be happy! 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Didn't this dude also Manage Chelsea and Galast...... (team from Turkey) for a while?

Boy, this league changes and recycles manager/coaches more then the NFL. Why not start with a fresh new face. (every once in awhile?)

And Liverpool , inter, real , and Valencia too... 

59 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Yes he did manager Chelsea you'll see he won the Europa League with them but not Galatasy..Galatastie.., Galatasary.. the team from Turkey he did not manage

1 minute ago, newcastle roy said:

but not Galatasy..Galatastie.., Galatasary.. the team from Turkey

:lol::lol:, I thought watching a Euro match a couple years back he was on the sideline. I must be wrong....again.