The Official Newcastle United Thread

It gets no worse as a football fan to be sent down by your arch rivals.

But I'll take it on the chin as i honestly believe as a football club we deserve to go down, it's been a shocking 8 years or so with the fat money grabbing twat mike ashley in charge.

I hope now one of two things happen.

1, we stay down long enough and ashley sells up, and we start again

2, ashley has finally sussed out he needs to do the right thing, what ever it takes keep Rafa as manager and let him run the football club and control transfers in and out.

Either one of the two will do, unfortunately I'm not hopeful of either.

I hate sunland, i hate them with a passion, but I'm so jealous of the passion their players played with to keep them up,I wish we had players who cared as much, but we don't.  So well done and well played to them. The league simply doesn't lie. 

sunland didn't send us down, mike ashley did..again.

• Like 1

if sunderland didn't win you still be premier league sunderland won they are premier league 10 in a row bet that hurts.BIG SAM PUT FINAL INN TOON COFFIN

13230234_10154198354773875_8753770272671793947_n.jpg

10 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

It gets no worse as a football fan to be sent down by your arch rivals.

But I'll take it on the chin as i honestly believe as a football club we deserve to go down, it's been a shocking 8 years or so with the fat money grabbing twat mike ashley in charge.

I hope now one of two things happen.

1, we stay down long enough and ashley sells up, and we start again

2, ashley has finally sussed out he needs to do the right thing, what ever it takes keep Rafa as manager and let him run the football club and control transfers in and out.

Either one of the two will do, unfortunately I'm not hopeful of either.

I hate sunland, i hate them with a passion, but I'm so jealous of the passion their players played with to keep them up,I wish we had players who cared as much, but we don't.  So well done and well played to them. The league simply doesn't lie. 

sunland didn't send us down, mike ashley did..again.

I have the added pain of a family full of crowing Smoggies...

Last time we went down, we kept a largely unchanged squad who miraculously transformed from a bunch of lacklustre, under-performing big-time-charlies to a group of players who, under Chris Hughton, were prepared to work hard and fight for each other and subsequently won promotion fairly easily. A lesson Fat Boy failed to learn.

Not sure you can say the same about this group - too much imported youth who've frozen under pressure. Fat Boy must move heaven and earth to keep Rafa as there have, at least, been signs of a rather too late turnaround. But even then I put our chances at no better than 50/50.

I want Ashley gone as much as the next one, but I also want a team playing good football in the top division and challenging for Europe / the occasional trophy. They don't need to be mutually exclusive ambitions, but I fear they are.

• Like 1

So what's the word on Rafa?

I'm not so sure he'll bale.

He's pretty much been there, done that, everywhere in Europe.

Toon are a big, big club.

He'll never manage a bigger club again in England, how high is his stock on the continent?

If he takes 3 to 5 seasons to turn them round, make them relevant, shit even win a trophy, he'll be a legend there.

He must realise that.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

So what's the word on Rafa?

I'm not so sure he'll bale.

He's pretty much been there, done that, everywhere in Europe.

Toon are a big, big club.

He'll never manage a bigger club again in England, how high is his stock on the continent?

If he takes 3 to 5 seasons to turn them round, make them relevant, shit even win a trophy, he'll be a legend there.

He must realise that.

Sounds a reasonable plan, just one big fly in the ointment for it though, as Roy points out....Mike Cashley

• Like 2

Well I make a rare visit to the lake and have a look in the lions den and guess what ? A certain spurs fan with a dodgy keyboard is back ! I'm out of here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Sounds a reasonable plan, just one big fly in the ointment for it though, as Roy points out....Mike Cashley

Well the last manager to get us relegated is apparently certain that Rafa won't stay

2 hours ago, greenhills said:

Well I ma

ke a rare visit to the lake and have a look in the lions den and guess what ? A certain spurs fan with a dodgy keyboard is back ! I'm out of here.

3 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

No mate, we sent you down. 

No, it was ashley.

and i'm not listening to you saying that again, la la la la la la la fingers in ears can't hear nothing la la la la 

nope never heard that, what ever it was you said

• Like 1

10 men Newcastle 5 - Spurs 1 !!

Glad Arsenal finished above that 'orrible lot.

What the hell happened to Newcastle today?????

Will the fa have to drug test the whole team?  How bad were spurs

On 01/05/2016 at 0:09 PM, faketaxis said:

Tottenham sending you down

Oh my dear riverman, you got that spectacularly wrong didn't you.

a 10 man, already relegated Newcastle United 5 spurs 1

So not only did Tottenham not send Newcastle United down, Newcastle United actually stopped Tottenham from being the Premier League runners up. Instead that honour goes to...yup ARSENAL :lol::D:lol:     That's 21 seasons in a row ARSENAL have finished above spurs:lol:

In a horrible season for Newcastle United one highlight was beating Tottenham home and away  :D

So Spurs have still won the Premier League the same amount of times as Newcastle United, however the runners up metal count is...Newcastle United 2 times, Spurs 0.:D

Maybe the 23rd or will it be 24th time you join here to wind people up, maybe you'll think twice before opening your big gob :D

Here's a picture of the spurs players today, you can almost here them saying "That clot riverman just had to open his big gob didn't he"

TO2-large_trans++eo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k

• Like 3

toon player in England squad for Euros shock! Andros townsend