Greasy Lake Community

The Official Newcastle United Thread

I am glad we are not in the Championship this season . I thinks it's going to be the hardest ever to get out of , your lot should be favourites be never can tell , any 3 from 8 or 9 really , possibly Norwich to get automatic promotion , they have a good championship side and a really good manager .

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GJ21 said:

I am glad we are not in the Championship this season . I thinks it's going to be the hardest ever to get out of , your lot should be favourites be never can tell , any 3 from 8 or 9 really , possibly Norwich to get automatic promotion , they have a good championship side and a really good manager .

I agree with you about Norwich.

Crystal Palace have a team on paper that should be safe, however i know the manager, and yes i hate the fucker :lol:

It's just a matter of time before he sends you down.

yes, my bitterness towards that smarmy cockney gobshite has influence my decision -_-

• Like 1

Huddersfield is home to Wales and Aberden's :o Danny Ward so I can not wish you luck - though feel free to boo any of their other loan players they have one of Chelski's loan army and one of Man City's spare Australians... so maybe a 0-0 draw.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AMIW said:

Huddersfield is home to Wales and Aberden's :o Danny Ward so I can not wish you luck - though feel free to boo any of their other loan players they have one of Chelski's loan army and one of Man City's spare Australians... so maybe a 0-0 draw.....

The last time  Newcastle United played Huddersfield at SJP and i was there we won 5-2..and i got nicked after the match :lol:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

The last time  Newcastle United played Huddersfield at SJP and i was there we won 5-2..and i got nicked after the match :lol:

Newcastle Roy, who's laughing now

7 minutes ago, Sparky1624 said:

Where are all the Geordies tonight after they took that hammering from the mighty Huddersfield Town?

image.jpeg

On 18 July 2016 at 2:31 PM, newcastle roy said:

Once again Newcastle United fans have firmly debunked the entirely unfounded myth that they are delusional, that they demand a club who finishes in the Champions League every year, and that they will never, ever be satisfied.

It is infuriating how frequently pundits on the TV, radio and in national newspapers offer up these ludicrous assessments of the mood around Tyneside.

But the 33,000-plus season tickets which have already been sold for the 2016/17 Championship campaign - a full month before the opening home game of the season and despite relegation - not only debunks this myth, it completely rubbishes it.

Magpies supporters have purchased a greater number of season tickets for 2016/17 than they did for 2015/16 - and yet United will be in the second tier for the upcoming campaign.

Name another club whose supporters would have done likewise? 

It is unprecedented, and it shows that Newcastle fans do not demand Champions League football and Premier League titles.

What they do demand is a break from the stagnant and unambitious Mike Ashley regime which has been characterised by penny-pinching, a breakdown in the relationship between the fans and the club, as well as two painful relegations inside seven years.

The “We don’t demand a team that wins, we demand a club that tries” banner displayed by Magpies fans almost two years ago remains the perfect summation of United fans’ views.

Newcastle supporters want to be able to believe that things can be better; they want the opportunity to dare to dream of greater things.

It’s not that they need success - though, given that United have failed to lift a major trophy since 1969 or domestic cup since 1955, silverware is long overdue - so much as they want to be able to contemplate that it could be possible.

For the large part of Ashley’s Magpies tenure to date, that has simply not been the case.

Rafa Benitez's arrival, his confirmation as manager for the Championship, and the subsequent £30million gross spend on incoming transfers already has piqued interest once again on Tyneside.

The city of Newcastle believe in their club again.

Benitez made it clear that he would only continue as United boss if he was given carte blanche to revolutionise the club from the very bottom to the very top.

A Champions League-winning manager who has coached clubs including Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Liverpool and is a serial winner is now in the decision-maker for all football-related matters at Newcastle.

That signals a sea-change from everything which has gone before during Ashley’s ownership.

The disconnect which had been created between the club and fans over the past few years had nothing to do with a lack of trophies; it was entirely caused by disillusionment at the Ashley regime and the lack of vision offered by the hierarchy.

Benitez has attempted to rebuild bridges in the four months he has been at the helm, and he is certainly making rapid progress as far as that is concerned.

For Newcastle to have sold 33,000-plus season tickets already, with more expected to follow, firmly debunks the myth about Magpies fans being delusional.

Instead, the two words which most adequately describe Magpies fans are: “endlessly devoted”.

I bet you wish you could play like the mighty Huddersfield Town, now that's what you call football

21 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Newcastle United V Huddersfield

1st match at home in the championship, 'im off to this match tomorrow, Me and 50,000 others.

and some people say Newcastle United fans are deluded !  

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sparky1624 said:

Where are all the Geordies tonight after they took that hammering from the mighty Huddersfield Town?

We are, well i am still here battered and bruised yet again.

Fair play to Huddersfield they were the better team over 90mins by a long way.

I've had a great day despite the result,  like the championship, I might well have to get use to it:o

Howay Rafa, sort it out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Genuinely pleased for you tonight..

I honestly thought we were going to get beat the neet, Reading hit the crossbar before they scored, I knew the goal was coming.

Strange team selection by Rafa, he knows better than i do. Can't wait for Mitro to come back.

What a tough league this is..i love it

2 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

I honestly thought we were going to get beat the neet, Reading hit the crossbar before they scored, I knew the goal was coming.

Strange team selection by Rafa, he knows better than i do. Can't wait for Mitro to come back.

What a tough league this is..i love it

I think, and hope, that you guys will be OK, auto promo for you

2 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

I think, and hope, that you guys will be OK, auto promo for you

I don't think so boogie man, play offs is our best chance at the moment , we need some more signing in to have a hope of top two.

I'm hopeful of a few new players coming in before the transfer deadline 

On 13 August 2016 at 9:38 PM, newcastle roy said:

We are, well i am still here battered and bruised yet again.

Fair play to Huddersfield they were the better team over 90mins by a long way.

I've had a great day despite the result,  like the championship, I might well have to get use to it:o

Howay Rafa, sort it out.

Don't worry too much yet as Villa couldn't beat the mighty Huddersfield either. Today brings the Black Arses to Town, Huddersfield will be top tonight. 

AND SO THE MIGHTY HUDDERSFIELD HIT TOP OF THE LEAGUE FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON, IT LOOKS LIKE THOSE GEORDIE MINNOWS WILL BE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR MANY YEARS TO COME NOW. THATS IF THEY DONT FALL INTO THE LOWER LEAGUES LIKE MANY EX PREMIER SIDES. I CAN HARDLY GET MY BREATH WE ARE SO HIGH UP! 

44 minutes ago, Sparky1624 said:

AND SO THE MIGHTY HUDDERSFIELD HIT TOP OF THE LEAGUE FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON, IT LOOKS LIKE THOSE GEORDIE MINNOWS WILL BE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR MANY YEARS TO COME NOW. THATS IF THEY DONT FALL INTO THE LOWER LEAGUES LIKE MANY EX PREMIER SIDES. I CAN HARDLY GET MY BREATH WE ARE SO HIGH UP! 

No need to shout.