Greasy Lake Community

The Official Newcastle United Thread

2 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Aye, i agree. Shelvey is a massive miss. I've always known this league will be hard to get out of, it certainly wont be as easy as the bookies reckon it will be.

We've been linked with a few players, you yes the check book needs to come in jan.

Still 6 points clear of third place so not all bad

The dual forecast odds of 4/11 for Newcastle and Brighton to finish top 2 are about right. An absolute certainty. 

1 minute ago, doesthisbusstop said:

The dual forecast odds of 4/11 for Newcastle and Brighton to finish top 2 are about right. An absolute certainty. 

I dunno mate, of course i hope you're right but I'd never take those odds far far to short. .Brighton are playing much the better football for me at the moment and are a better bet at 2/1 to win the championship. Who Rafa brings in during the January window could changes thing like.

Sheff Wed kicked us up a height boxing day they showed how we wont finds things that easy the rest of the season, they still just about deserved the win over all

14 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

I dunno mate, of course i hope you're right but I'd never take those odds far far to short. .Brighton are playing much the better football for me at the moment and are a better bet at 2/1 to win the championship. Who Rafa brings in during the January window could changes thing like.

Sheff Wed kicked us up a height boxing day they showed how we wont finds things that easy the rest of the season, they still just about deserved the win over all

You'll be alright. Only drawn one game out of 23 is a good sign. Maybe lost a few too many to cruise to promotion but a win and a loss is better than two draws. 

• Like 1

Karma 3 forest 1 

Pay back for the bad ref a few weeks ago. 

We didn't play well. A crap match. The sending off changed to match in our favour. So what 3 points are all that matters. 

Shelvey is a massive miss. Collback is ...Is...Fucking pointless. A rubbish footballer .

I knew the Championship was hard to get out of, another loss against  Blackburn  proves it.

The sooner Shelvey is back the better, collback offers nowt, he's a waste of space.

Rafa is still the man to get us back but he has made a few mistakes, but he still has the benefit of doubt.

Now behind Brighton who have a game in hand, Reading ( who are looking good) 6 points behind with a game in hand.

Rafa need to buy a midfielder who can do what Shelvey can do as we need a plan b

7 defeats in the league so far, when we went up in 2009/10 we lost 4 all season  

7,000 Newcastle United fans in the Darwin end at Blackburn today

C1LOBhEWQAEo086.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see Shelvey back and pulling the strings. The best player in the Championship by a mile.

If the rumours around Townsend are true, that would be another massive plus. I'll forgive the twat for fucking off and leaving us in the clarts.

And yet another Andy Carrol rumour. Which means he'll be picking up another long term injury next weekend.

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:22 PM, Ginslinger said:

Good to see Shelvey back and pulling the strings. The best player in the Championship by a mile.

If the rumours around Townsend are true, that would be another massive plus. I'll forgive the twat for fucking off and leaving us in the clarts.

And yet another Andy Carrol rumour. Which means he'll be picking up another long term injury next weekend.

@newcastle roy any thoughts on Sunday's  cup tie, a lifetime ago - mid 80's -  I was a regular at the manor ground, Swansea came a cropper last season. If Rafa would as kind to play the kids it would be appreciated

mid 80s I went to Manor Ground a few times to see The Mighty Reds and I think  also Portsmouth play as they went up and down the divisions as it was the closest top division ground to me at the time - had no idea Santa was in the ground!

7 hours ago, davemunday said:

@newcastle roy any thoughts on Sunday's  cup tie, a lifetime ago - mid 80's -  I was a regular at the manor ground, Swansea came a cropper last season. If Rafa would as kind to play the kids it would be appreciated

oxford-united-newcastle-united-match-cre

I reckon Rafa will have a few young 'uns in the team, maybe Barlaser and Findlay. If he picks Sels in goal you'll have a chance as he's pants. Mitro back in the squad which is good to see, he'll prob be on the bench. Perez has a great opportunity to grab a goal or two here, he has to be our main threat along with like ginslinger says Shelvey who is our player of the season.

Newcastle have a pretty crap record away to Oxford both at the Manor Ground and the new wind tunnel stadium that is the Kassam.

1992/93 lost 2-4 O'Brien, Clark
1991/92 lost 2-5 Scott, Peacock
1990/91 drew 0-0
1989/90 lost 1-2 Quinn
1987/88 won 3-1 McDonald, O'Neill, Mirandinha
1986/87 drew 1-1 Goddard
1985/86 won 2-1 Gascoigne, Beardsley
1985/86 lost 1-3 Cunningham (LC)
1983/84 lost 1-2 Keegan (LC)

Oxford have been playing well, so a tough game is anticipated, hopeful but not confident  of scraping a win maybe 2-1

• Like 1

Wolves 0 Newcastle United 1 

an absolute massive win today, we rode our luck in the first half, how we were in front was beyond me.

But never mind the 2nd half was much better with some great defending. back on top of the league with a 6 point gap to the third.

Some hard games coming up but looking good.

f649f90a-a9ad-4ef0-ab06-7dd29544b82b.jpg