Greasy Lake Community

The Official Newcastle United Thread

10 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Just seen the Newcastle fixtures they've got three games in a row all away in the space of 8 days: Brighton then Huddersfield then Reading. If they get 7 points from those that will kill off any promotion worries. 

Id be happy with 3 draws and win our next two home games tbh. But with NUFC we never do anything easy.

We had a great win monday without playing that well tbh, but it was nice to beat Villa it's funny as ive never had a problem with them, but they seem to have a problem with us, anyway we won. 

I know not many people actually read this thread, just me and a few mates..and a few anti Newcastle people.

People who know me know how much i hate sunderland, we hate them, they hate us. That.s the way my life has been.

Its canny strange because in my working life ive always worked with mackems..its a mutual hatred, i dunno i just hate the fuckers and they hate us.

Piss taking sometimes OTT

However football sometimes is not that important, in the NE Newcastle and sunderland fans have had this fella on their mind

ive been sad watching the news about a young sunderland fan Bradley Lowery over the last year or so

this little fella has had some bad news today, i wish i could help him.

Howay Bradley, howay son fight !

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/why-life-cruel-bradley-lowerys-12643410

• Like 3

10 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

We had a great win monday without playing that well tbh, but it was nice to beat Villa it's funny as ive never had a problem with them, but they seem to have a problem with us, anyway we won. 

I know not many people actually read this thread, just me and a few mates..and a few anti Newcastle people.

People who know me know how much i hate sunderland, we hate them, they hate us. That.s the way my life has been.

Its canny strange because in my working life ive always worked with mackems..its a mutual hatred, i dunno i just hate the fuckers and they hate us.

Piss taking sometimes OTT

However football sometimes is not that important, in the NE Newcastle and sunderland fans have had this fella on their mind

ive been sad watching the news about a young sunderland fan Bradley Lowery over the last year or so

this little fella has had some bad news today, i wish i could help him.

Howay Bradley, howay son fight !

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/why-life-cruel-bradley-lowerys-12643410

Always read "your" thread Roy as it helps me keep up to date with Toon and I like to see them doing well as their fanbase certainly deserve it.

The news about young Bradley certainly puts all football differences very much into persperctive and lets you see just what is really important in life, I am sure fans from all clubs wish him and his family all the best in their fight against this horrible cancer. 

Brighton away tonight, it's a game i'm not expecting us to win, Brighton are playing far better than us, so are Huddersfield who we play saturday:o  Then we've got Reading away FFS !  

We could be in the play off positions after these 3 games:(

Mitro and co just have to step up and win us some very important points. 

14 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Brighton away tonight, it's a game i'm not expecting us to win, Brighton are playing far better than us, so are Huddersfield who we play saturday:o  Then we've got Reading away FFS !  

We could be in the play off positions after these 3 games:(

Mitro and co just have to step up and win us some very important points. 

3 points. 6 point swing in the last 10 minutes. Good - and important - result.

• Like 1

I read that Mike Ashley has just bought Agent Provocateur out of receivership. The opportunities for crossover in the replica kit market are mind-boggling

Hey I'm not real familiar with the Championship Division, I know the top three teams get promoted to Premier League, but looking at this table, I don't understand.

The top two teams are sitting there by themselves, but then there are 4 teams in another bracket. What does this mean? Is there a playoff or something?

And by this same table I assume the bottom three are relegated to League 1

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/championship/table

9 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Hey I'm not real familiar with the Championship Division, I know the top three teams get promoted to Premier League, but looking at this table, I don't understand.

The top two teams are sitting there by themselves, but then there are 4 teams in another bracket. What does this mean? Is there a playoff or something?

And by this same table I assume the bottom three are relegated to League 1

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/championship/table

Top 2 teams get automatic promotion, the next 4 play off. The first round of matches are over two-legs. 3rd play 6th and 4th play 5th. The winners of these games then play each other in a one-off final at Wembley.

Winning the Play-Off final and getting into the EPL "The richest match in football" is generally believed to be worth around £200m to the winner.

The bottom 3 are relegated - no play offs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thomam said:

I read that Mike Ashley has just bought Agent Provocateur out of receivership. The opportunities for crossover in the replica kit market are mind-boggling

i had to google what this is and all I can say is I hope we never see a picture of Roy wearing it.... :o

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thomam said:

Top 2 teams get automatic promotion, the next 4 play off. The first round of matches are over two-legs. 3rd play 6th and 4th play 5th. The winners of these games then play each other in a one-off final at Wembley.

Winning the Play-Off final and getting into the EPL "The richest match in football" is generally believed to be worth around £200m to the winner.

The bottom 3 are relegated - no play offs.

Hey @AMIW, is there away to watch these matches here in the States? I'm sure they would be quite exciting?

When is this? After the FA Cup? After the CL, EL? I would love to see these matches.

Now there is a Tavern here in town that features nothing but Football(soccer) would you think they have the ability to broadcast it?

39 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Hey @AMIW, is there away to watch these matches here in the States? I'm sure they would be quite exciting?

When is this? After the FA Cup? After the CL, EL? I would love to see these matches.

Now there is a Tavern here in town that features nothing but Football(soccer) would you think they have the ability to broadcast it?

I believe beIn Sports (or as Andrew calls them, al-Jazeera) will show all five playoff matches.

Just now, Mission Man in AZ said:

I believe beIn Sports (or as Andrew calls them, al-Jazeera) will show all five playoff matches.

Ok, thanks, my U-verse serve doesn't have this channel, but a buddy of mine does.(he's an Arsenal fan:wacko:) I'm in and excited. Do you have any idea when these matches start?

be in sports is a wholly owned channel of the Al Jazeera network so I am correct.

as well as Newcastle they also broadcast French footie. Spanish footie and Italian footie but it costs two arms and two legs to get this channel on uverse....

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AMIW said:

be in sports is a wholly owned channel of the Al Jazeera network so I am correct.

as well as Newcastle they also broadcast French footie. Spanish footie and Italian footie but it costs two arms and two legs to get this channel on uverse....

That's one reason I have Directv.