Greasy Lake Community

The Official Newcastle United Thread

On 18/02/2017 at 9:27 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

Just seen the Newcastle fixtures they've got three games in a row all away in the space of 8 days: Brighton then Huddersfield then Reading. If they get 7 points from those that will kill off any promotion worries. 

And they did. Champions-elect and a welcome return to the PL it will be. 

• Like 1

On 08/03/2017 at 4:36 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

And they did. Champions-elect and a welcome return to the PL it will be. 

Typical Newcastle, 3 canny results away from home then we fuck it up at home. Fulham much the better side. Rafa has some work to do.

1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

Typical Newcastle, 3 canny results away from home then we fuck it up at home. Fulham much the better side. Rafa has some work to do.

Sorry for tempting fate for you Roy. But worry not, only Huddersfield can stop you getting promoted and they will probably have to win all of their games, which they won't. 

1 minute ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Sorry for tempting fate for you Roy. But worry not, only Huddersfield can stop you getting promoted and they will probably have to win all of their games, which they won't. 

I'm not sure about that, Huddersfield play very good football ( far better than we do ) Them and Brighton just seem to keep on winning and we just crumble when playing at home.

What did that bloke you like say ? " Squeaky bum time " 

1 minute ago, newcastle roy said:

I'm not sure about that, Huddersfield play very good football ( far better than we do ) Them and Brighton just seem to keep on winning and we just crumble when playing at home.

What did that bloke you like say ? " Squeaky bum time " 

He also said "eventually you run out of games" and they will for Huddersfield. 

On 11/03/2017 at 7:30 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

He also said "eventually you run out of games" and they will for Huddersfield. 

It's like you have a crystal ball :lol:  Huddersfield got well and truly stuffed last night 4-0 off Bristol City who are fighting off relegation, just shows you how tough this league is.

Birmingham City away for Newcastle today, a win would be massive, however this is Newcastle we are talking about, I'll take a draw after the worse performance of the season last week against Fulham. 

Leeds to beat Brighton would also be helpful

Some stats..

Birmingham are winless in their last nine league games against Newcastle at St Andrew's (D5 L4).

The Magpies have lost only once in their last 20 league matches versus the Blues (W11 D8) and are unbeaten in the last 10.

Lukas Jutkiewicz has scored 50% of Birmingham's Championship goals since Gianfranco Zola took charge (6/12).

Only Rotherham United (4) have won fewer points in the Championship in 2017 than Birmingham City (9 points in 13 games).

Newcastle United have picked up just one point from their last two Championship games (D1 L1) and they haven't gone three games without a league win all season.

The Magpies have won 13 away games in the Championship this season, four more than any other team heading in to this matchday.

After last week against Fulham i have no faith what so ever, we were abysmal and well beat. 

I'm glad we are playing away tbh our home form is pants.

Huddersfield have to get 7 more points than us in the 9 games left, I'm hopeful but  not confident.

Newcastle never do anything easy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Newcastle will win the league and Brighton second. My crystal ball tells me there will be at least an 8 point gap to 3rd place by the end of the season. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. 

I'm going to have to disagree with you about nowt to worry about.

A 0-0 draw away to a very poor Birmingham team today ( worst form team for the last 3 month) was a massive two points dropped, we are very lucky to have so many points in the bag because the way the team is playing at the moment we could well end up in the play offs. I didn't see the match ( not on any TV ) but listening to the commentary we sounded dire. Rafa got his team selection wrong IMO he also made a bad sub as he took the most our biggest threat Perez off  ! 

We needed to strengthen the squad in January, Rafa knew that, he should have been given the money, it could haunt us.  

Good news is we are 7 points ahead of Huddersfield with two home games to come after the international break, still not confident. We are without doubt one of the worst teams to be in on top of the Championship ever.  We could do with Leeds beating Brighton the neet.

10 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Roy, I hereby promise never again to back Toon on my fixed odds between now and season's end.*

* Unless they're a right tasty price.

I wouldn't back Newcastle to win even if the odds were value. 

Go and hoy a few quid on Moyes to be sacked this weekend if you wanna good bet :lol:

1 minute ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Newcastle are 1/33 for automatic promotion B)

That's the worst bet in the history of bets.. I'm going to resist the temptation to hoy 33 grand on to win a grand:lol:

Good result Brighton getting beat tonight like.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again now that the crap international matches are over back to proper football. 

Two home games in a week for Newcastle United, games we would expect to win Wigan and Burton, but this is Newcastle we never do out easy. However two wins and we'll be almost there.

HOWAY THE LADS

6 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

.... and this week, I haven't touched Newcastle on the fixed odds.

Please don't put your hard earned money on Newcastle again please..pretty please :lol:

A very scrappy win V Wigan today, don't care like. We did just about enough.

Burton taking all 3 against Huddersfield was a massive bonus.  A good day..just

41 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Please don't put your hard earned money on Newcastle again please..pretty please :lol:

A very scrappy win V Wigan today, don't care like. We did just about enough.

Burton taking all 3 against Huddersfield was a massive bonus.  A good day..just

Aye, official Jonah........And Burton Huddersfield burst a line for me, had both to score, so it was never close.

Incidentally, when did a line become an "Acca", WTF is an "Acca"?

Presumably short for "accumulator"?

40 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Aye, official Jonah........And Burton Huddersfield burst a line for me, had both to score, so it was never close.

Incidentally, when did a line become an "Acca", WTF is an "Acca"?

Presumably short for "accumulator"?

Yeah accumulator, normally out after a treble upwards.  I'm waiting for saints and Bournemouth for a goals galore treble..Looking bleak