Greasy Lake Community

The Official Newcastle United Thread

Great player, great bloke by all accounts, but (ALERT - Pot/kettle moment iminent) he isnae a bonny chiel.

Mind you, we need more ugly players...... Particularly centre halves. Centre halves these days are too pretty.

2 hours ago, Sparky1624 said:

BEAT THE YIDS TONIGHT COS THE MIGHTY HUDDERSFIELD ARE BITING YER ANKLES MATE!

Fuck sake Sparky !

What the hell is all that about ?

BTW, where were you after Newcastle beat you at your place after you gave it the big un ?   ( don't reply i know)

Newcastle United being Newcastle United again, tonight much the better team against Leeds and we let one in way into stoppage time.

I always knew we wouldn't do anything easy, still favs to go up, two win out of four left should do it..i think

A big big day today in the race for the Premier League.

Brighton can clinch promotion if they better Huddersfield's result away to Derby

.Brighton for me have been the best team in the league and deserve to go up as champions if I'm honest.

Newcastle United have an away day at Ipswich Town, squeaky bum time.

Championship   permutations today...

Brighton promoted if they better Huddersfield's result.Huddersfield secure play off spot if they win and Fulham lose, Readings assured play off spot if they beat Rotherham and Fulham and Sheff Wed lose

2 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I think you need to do it automatic Roy, cos if you back into the play offs in this form..........

Should still be OK though.

If we go into the play offs, no question what so ever we will blow it.

We have to now hope Huddersfield and Reading fuck it up themselves.

Since christmas we have been rubbish, all stems from Rafa not getting he money he was promised ? needed ? to strenghen  the squad.

If we do go up automatically we'll be very lucky.

Huddersfield 1-0 up at Derby, sparky will be here soon i reckon :lol:

It's a long long time since i celebrated another team scoring like I did Derby's late equaliser against Huddersfield.

We are very lucky to still be in the favourites position to go up. 

Well done to Brighton who go up automatically, happy as out for a great manager they have B) 

• Like 2

If we do go up, then maybe this stumbling squeaky bum promotion is good for us. If we'd run away with it, then the FCB would have broken every promise and kept his money in his wallet. But there is no way this squad is anywhere near good enough to stay in the top flight - he's going to have to splash the cash if he wants us to cash in on the telly money. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ginslinger said:

If we do go up, then maybe this stumbling squeaky bum promotion is good for us. If we'd run away with it, then the FCB would have broken every promise and kept his money in his wallet. But there is no way this squad is anywhere near good enough to stay in the top flight - he's going to have to splash the cash if he wants us to cash in on the telly money. 

That's a good point.  But i'll believe it when it happens.

If Huddersfield and Reading scores don't have miracle comebacks Newcastle will be promoted if...It's a big if we beat Preston on Monday meet.

If we do. I'd just like to say a big thank you to.. Derby Fulham and Nottingham forest.